Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Uscg pack beta

i gotcha back pappy.....iam ....> crazy_o.gif lol j.k great work

i should note

i got bored today and i worked on the readme for the USCG pack

it took me 2 hours!!!

so if i find out anyone didnt read it. . .rest assured i will come to your house and beat you with a stick filled with wet noodles!!! mad_o.gif

blues.gif

its got pretty designs and stuff in it too biggrin_o.gif

and if your all good boys and girl(s) mabe ill include some ASCII art of naked ladies tounge_o.gif

i should note

i got bored today and i worked on the readme for the USCG pack

it took me 2 hours!!!

so if i find out anyone didnt read it. . .rest assured i will come to your house and beat you with a stick filled with wet noodles!!!  mad_o.gif

blues.gif

its got pretty designs and stuff in it too biggrin_o.gif

and if your all good boys and girl(s) mabe ill include some ASCII art of naked ladies  tounge_o.gif

Everyone should read the readme wink_o.gif

Cause Pappy has written our life stories in it too wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

oh dont wrry i will read it i wanna know every bit of how these great addons will work so i dont have to bother u guys with how to do shit i will only bother u guys with bugs i have found and thats if i find any at all and u know wut i dout i will find any at  wink_o.gif

new pictures of the features and rhi within the hour biggrin_o.gif

so stick around. grab a cup of coffee, pop a few M&Ms and ill post the pics soon

oh hell ya go pappy go pappy its ur birth day its ur birth day lol

coffee and m&ms are my middle name

Rescue Boat and RHI Deployed from the Cutter

(take note of the user actions)

Looking Down at the deployed RHI

RHI Racing past the Block Island Cutter

RHI parked next to the cutter, and me saluting you wonderful people

as all OFP boats the water "flows" into the boat when looking from 3rd person or outside of the boat.

she also uses a custom cargo animation for the second cargo member (holds driver, gunner, and 2 cargo) equiped with flare gun in cargo smile_o.gif )

I made it so 1 driver 1 codriver and 2 cargo positions enjoy wink_o.gif

It has 1 little bug with lights will fix it Pappy and send it to you ok wink_o.gif

take your time extraction.

my buddy Lee and i are goin to test the latest changes in the USCG stuff in MP  smile_o.gif

Edit

USCG Pack @ 11.9 Megs in .rar format (minus the HH65 Dolphin)

estimated full pack to be no more then 15 Megs smile_o.gif

ohh shyt that stuff look in madd coller each time i se it i cant wait

wow 15 megs impresive very impresive

martin just gave us the OK to use his headphone model on our hercules pilot.

which means all permissions are now out of the way  smile_o.gif

edit: all that needs done now is the light bug on the RHI. the HH65 to be delivered to me so that i can put in those scripts and get her tested. and get mission 3 and 4 done for the demo mission pack  smile_o.gif

its 5am right now so ill work on those 2 missions tomorrow.

also added special bonus for those who read the readme biggrin_o.gif

Hi all,

i dont know if this has been found yet, but out of a certain angle and having the C130 on the same screen the Seahawk pilots loses his textures and appears white to me. Although this only happens if you are at least 10-15m away from him.

Maybe this is just on my site (TI4200 64mb ddr / 3200 athlon xp/ 512 mb ram)

but here is a screenshot:

bug.JPG

rock.gif

regards,

Daywalker

great screenies smile_o.gif

Im really looking forward to the updated units.

Just one small question: will u improve AI rate of fire in the cutter?

great screenies smile_o.gif

Im really looking forward to the updated units.

Just one small question: will u improve AI rate of fire in the cutter?

@ Hit_Sqd_Day: i would assume its due to the herc using jpeg textures and being more demanding on your graphics card so some lods on other stuff was denyed.

just a theroy thou

@ AI rate of fire: i personaly didnt see a problem with it. but ill look into it smile_o.gif

Hi Pappy,

yeah that could be it, ill try later on and post you the result. wink_o.gif

Another thing would be, would it be possible to equip any soldier ( for example the BAS deltas ) with the script out of the pilot addon with something in the Init of the soldier??

Could it be made like this? That way we could jump out over water in coops and have a USCG chopper pick us up??

should we retexture the Hercules for you?? We have some good texturers in our clan. Just that the Jpg will be a problem in missions too.

We had coops with the orginial c130 whenever it appeard the screen stops for 1/4sec.

Take care,

Daywalker biggrin_o.gif

Hi Pappy,

yeah that could be it, ill try later on and post you the result. wink_o.gif

Another thing would be, would it be possible to equip any soldier ( for example the BAS deltas ) with the script out of the pilot addon with something in the Init of the soldier??

Could it be made like this? That way we could jump out over water in coops and have a USCG chopper pick us up??

should we retexture the Hercules for you?? We have some good texturers in our clan. Just that the Jpg will be a problem in missions too.

We had coops with the orginial c130 whenever it appeard the screen stops for 1/4sec.

Take care,

Daywalker biggrin_o.gif

i had klink convert those textures to paa/pac

if thats all you did then its takein care of. but if you have all new textures, i would love to see them.

we apprecate your extrem intrest in the mod and will gladly accept any help that you have to ofer.

you make your server Y2K3 compatable and who knows you might even get a visit from me wink_o.gif

in the cutters config i changed the AI rate of fire. . or rather inserted it

aiRateOfFire=0.5;

aiRateOfFireDistance=1100;

its a touch slower then the Player rate of fire which is 0.2

i inserted that for each ammo type and the main gun cuz i forget where it goes biggrin_o.gif but it works and thats what counts

aiRateOfFire=0.5;

i inserted that for each ammo type and the main gun cuz i forget where it goes  biggrin_o.gif but it works and thats what counts

Txs, thats was exactly the thingy, yesterday i added similar lines just in the main gun and had a jolly CTD tounge_o.gif

aiRateOfFire=0.5;

i inserted that for each ammo type and the main gun cuz i forget where it goes  biggrin_o.gif but it works and thats what counts

Txs, thats was exactly the thingy, yesterday i added similar lines just in the main gun and had a jolly CTD  tounge_o.gif

yea i added it to the HE, and AP rounds plus the bofor gun.

covered all bases.

went to test. . . didnt work

made some other changes to some scripts and repboed

and realized. i forgot to move the changed file into the addons folder biggrin_o.gif

so anyway i added it to all 3 and it worked. so it should work for you too. if u think it should be slower let me know

good news

did some minor testing in MP and the get out on deck and stand up options for the boats work in multiplayer.

the deploy boats options seem to work 90% of the time. . .

we deployed the boats 6 times (3 times each boat) and once 2 rafts appered instaed of just one

but that happend only once. so one out of 6 times isnt bad.

get out on deck seems to put someone a lil below the deck sometimes but if u lay down you might be able to get to a free area. its really not that big a deal.

the important thing is its multiplayer compatable for the most part. nothin too big or too nasty bug wise smile_o.gif

great news!!!!

i stayed up til 8am before goin to bed (now)

and found a way to get the diver to go from underwater to in the helo!

i need to tweak it to work only when the helo is near the diver but it works none the less.

only thing is. . . as it stands right now. . . you will need a player to be flying the helo. . .or i need to find a way to make it call ladder extraction even from under the water

Nice to here you solved the prob with the Herc already,

and all the other new tweakings:)

We tested the pilots in MP too, still kinda hard to get aboard, but very funny to watch:) Now we found that you only survive if you jump out of an aircraft... ejecting from the cutter will kill you. Any chance of making the script for boats too?

To give you and idea of the mission i am thinking:

The Marines on a zodiak but if they fall out they gonna die, so any chance to let the "playable units" in a MP mission refer to the script the pilots use?? Like:

[this] exec "bcpilot/scripts/lifewest.sqs"

So you could have civilans in a fishing traller that is sinking, they eject and a jayhawk comes to pick them up.... biggrin_o.gif

Have a good one,

Daywalker

still working on the scripting but so far it requires a human pilot to be in the Jayhawk and a human player to be in the raft/dive suit

scripting help for AI to be in the raft is more then welcome

It fould be enough if it works just for humans:) You could always blame the ai bad swimmers:) See too rough:)

Ladder pickups only work in MP if the pilot that is recue bird, is in the group of the swimmer.

Take care,

Day biggrin_o.gif

It fould be enough if it works just for humans:) You could always blame the ai bad swimmers:) See too rough:)

Ladder pickups only work in MP if the pilot that is recue bird, is in the group of the swimmer.

Take care,

Day biggrin_o.gif

well for testing i got on the deck of a cutter. had the helo grouped to me. . .ordered lader extract then jumped in teh water lol biggrin_o.gif

it actualy works if the helo is 15m or closer

but the whole ladar extract is the perfect distance smile_o.gif

anyway extraction is promsing his script guy can make it happen for bother AI and humans i particualry want it for AI so that u can rescue them. so we will see what happens. until then lets wait and see smile_o.gif

Anybody got a mirror instead of ofp.cz ... the dl link is not working on cz.

Plz a link.

Cheers