Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

North devon terrain

A. I think its a Bucanneer

B. Im pretty sure that you can make runways landable East to West but I am not positive. I thought there was something you could do but once again I am not positive.

C. Don't remember what i was going to say

EDIT:Forgot to add a describtion to C

Your right thats a buccanner... (its another one from the set thats got the Tornado)

As for East-West.. I spent long enough testing etc... AI can take off but just wont land. Its a known bug.

Well first pics of the new control tower.

ChivTwer.jpg

The interior and exterior have yet to be joined, but as you can see this is a rather hefty building.

The windows will externally be blacked out, this is on purpose as its the case with the real one (except up at the tower section itself).

Internals are fiction, I never been in this one, in fact 99% of the buildings on the map will be fictional inside.

this is compelling me to make a base now   smile_o.gif

looks the doggs mate.......

Cannae wait cap'n! Like Swift said, this looks the dog's danglers! biggrin_o.gif

Heres a request for what else will be needed for to make this map look very good. Ideally from the mid 80's period as this is what the map is based on, although now is just as good)

RAF Troops in uniform (Blues) (NOT regiment but standard RAF)

To be used for guards at front gate and other duties.

RAF Landrovers

Yep those nice SWB and LWB with that yellow strip down side sayign Royal Air Force (I might be able to do this one if I get hold of the models and do a minor repaint)

RAF Crash & Rescue vehicles

I got no plans at all, cant even do a basic mock up

RAF Fuel Tenders

Same as Crash...

Any help greatly thanked

Heres a request for what else will be needed for to make this map look very good.  Ideally from the mid 80's period as this is what the map is based on, although now is just as good)

RAF Troops in uniform (Blues) (NOT regiment but standard RAF)

To be used for guards at front gate and other duties.

RAF Landrovers

Yep those nice SWB and LWB with that yellow strip down side sayign Royal Air Force (I might be able to do this one if I get hold of the models and do a minor repaint)

RAF Crash & Rescue vehicles

I got no plans at all, cant even do a basic mock up

RAF Fuel Tenders

Same as Crash...

Any help greatly thanked

well if photos etc come my way i could help you with models, so if you want some items to be made... i can help out. Plus UKF are making landrovers which could maybe used as well as possible RAF regiment troop

Looks like this is the perfect setting for soem of Footmunches work, keep it up mate and you'll have an amazing map.

Yeah, noticed that...

Was quite handy.

Swift how about that fire tender???

I spotted the crests too, but I could do with with a colour version of the RAF Chivenor Station crest if anyone happens to have one lying around somewhere (book I have on Chivenor has it in Black and white :-()

Good news...

I just got a rather handy book.

'Encyclopaedia of the Modern Royal Air Force'

In this case its the 1984 version...

It has a number of pictures (and some plans) of the vehicles that would be seen on a RAF base.

Intended vehicles will so far include...

Truck, Fuel Servicing. Aircraft, 4-ton, 4x4, 1,000gallon, Air Transportable Mk5 (another words Bedford Mk refueller!!)

The following in English!

AEC Mammoth Major 3000 gallon Fuel Truck (6x4)

AEC Mk3 Recovery

Scammell Mk 10 Firefighting truck.

There will be others but the above are one for which I do have plan views of (if you wish to make any, contact me and I can scan!!)

Anyone have information regardign Scammel Mk 10 Crash Tender.

I have a basic model done but have no idea what to do for the inside of the cab...

I like it I just think you should close half of the dors and make them solid, that thing is gonna lag like a mother effer. Looks quite awesome i must say. Good work.

Total Poly count for all 4 sections of the control tower is only 7000, the most intense section has 3500 faces.

Lag is not a problem on my 1600 with this tower, and if it works fine on mine then I am taking to work fine on most others (especailly since my setup is over a year old now).

I will only be filling a couple of specific rooms, I will leave the rest for mission designers so it can be used as they want it.

Anyone have information regardign Scammel Mk 10 Crash Tender.

I have a basic model done but have no idea what to do for the inside of the cab...

No joy so far, can't even find a picture of one sad_o.gif

Dont worry, I found little also, apart from this

http://www.raffireservice.co.uk/vehicles/crashand.htm

The one I am doing is the Mk Xd, which means although almost 20 years old is STILL in service.

I think I am going to have to make the internals up..

Its a pity they closed the local RAF base near to me and the guys got posted elsewhere, I knew some of the firecrew and that would be handy now sad_o.gif

This it?

101kb that ok?

titlean3.gif

32.jpg

f3front.jpg

hosereel.jpg

roofmonitor.jpg

PHYSICAL DATA

Overall length

8.48m (27ft 10in)

Overall width

2.54m (8ft 4in)

Height (top of monitor>

3.34m (10ft 8in)

overall weight

Laden

16,170kg (35.650lbs)

Unladen

12,570 (27,710lbs)

Sweet...

I love the ability of broadband and an experienced researcher...

Thanks Kev, its a newer sub mark but 99% the same, seems I can see enough of that cab in the head on shot to get a reasonable internal.

I'll be going to the RAF Cosford airshow on Sunday so I'll keep an eye out for one.

I did encounter their crash tender when I was working up there in February but I was too busy trying to get the van I was driving out of it's way to notice what it was.

I have a limited release version of the Alpha version of this map from around year ago if anyone is interested.

As said its Alpha, that mean that there are many many unfinished bits, and some experiments. Most buildings are being replaced with ones of better quality. All ground textures are being replaced with better high res ones.

If your interested contact me through PM and I will give you the links.

I will take messages from this for around 24-48 hours then remove the links (to reduce the effect on bandwidth)

Hopefully in next few weeks I will have the next alpha ready with new buildings, all depending on ground texture work.