Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

North devon terrain

its nothing like where i live! We dont have factories.. or big rivers.. or.. assault courses :P

or many military base lis tounge_o.gif

Stubid Victoria

Me.. about 25 miles from the above map, would take about 40 minutes to drive to Fremington Camp.

Lis @ June 06 2005,22:49)]where are you at? :o

Near Bendigo wink_o.gif

Or I know of is Pukapanel

Just found out that in the time period my map is set the Power Station had been stripped of all its boilers and gengerators leaving a very big empty shell, I will ensure that it is suitable for use as a 'base'

Looks apsolulty sweet CBFASI!

The map looks beutiful. Cant wait to have ago at teh assault course. Will bring back memories of those things.

Lis @ June 06 2005,22:49)]where are you at? :o

Near Bendigo wink_o.gif

Or I know of is Pukapanel

well.. i live in devon north, also known as north devon.. hence why i said it looks nothing like where i live! :P

What do you see thats wrong (consider I know the map region rather well)

looks pretty accurate to me... granted i only inhabit the area around Barnstaple (woody bay to be exact) but looks right to me rock.gif

hehe, sorry ;)

same place name, different continent

Well its not a great piccy (weather didnt help, I have had to adjust the brightness considerably) but here is an image taken on 15th June on the way back from Barnstaple.  (yes the date stamp is wrong)

Everything you see is within the map region!!

PIC_0001.JPG

100kb+ version on this link.

http://www.ironfoot.co.uk/~cbfasi/picscbf/PIC_0001b.JPG

You can just make out the roof's of the hangers right in the middle left of the picture.  You can also make out the town of Braunton just to the left and behind the RAF Base

aye even though the rm presence is very small ive herd they can be very touchy, about pics taken of bases

aye even though the rm presence is very small ive herd they can be very touchy, about pics taken of bases

Its not just the RM's that are touchy, but all the services and MOD are also aware that its very very very very hard to stop anyone.

I actually have much better pictures of the camp itself in a book.

As for the RM Presence, I fortunately have enough information to know how much has changed so I am aware of what to back date on my map so its not the current base, and believe me a lot has changed.

I've only ever seen that area in OFP and I instantly knew where it was  smile_o.gif

So then where am I standing (OFP grid ref please!wink_o.gif

I've only ever seen that area in OFP and I instantly knew where it was smile_o.gif

So then where am I standing (OFP grid ref please!wink_o.gif

Somewhere in G7 looking NW?

It's the fields in on the hill that I recognised smile_o.gif

YIPPPPEEE your right (which means I got it right too!wink_o.gif

Moving along I think is the best way to descibe the current status.

Currently repalcing all the 'old' runway textures with a set of temporary ones that will aid me in settting up the taxiways and also to finalize some of the building placements on the field.

For those wondering why I am replacing with temporaries, it comes down to the old ones being 10m out from the new postions and also the old ones are based on a overhead photograph, the news ones from plans. Also the new temporaries are 50% reductions (256's) of the base level (pre detail) textures for the new 512's under construction. The other advantage will be once the old textures are replaced the associated pbo can be dropped reducing the number of pbo's by 1.

Thought I would also let you know that this North Devon Terrain will no longer be jsut that, its develpoing into a mini mod with vehicles under construction that I have had an interest in over the years. These included ground, sea and air..., maybe even a few people..

I will keep this topic updated as I have pictures worthy of showing.