Slowly due to other commitments..

Will hav a few more things to show once I get more Falklands out the way

Guest RKSL-Rock
1) Are the married quarters enterable?

rofl.gif

(just me?)

rofl.gif

Love it! i hadnt seen that one notworthy.gif

I just noticed the jeep is driving on the left side of the road. Is this just an effect or have you actually got the units to use the left hand side of the road, and if so, how have you done it? Cheers, Dan.

The AI driving on roads certainly makes the round-abouts quite interesting..

The AI driving on roads certainly makes the round-abouts quite interesting..

Why do i get the feeling it'll be like that Simpsons episode, where they all visit the UK.

can i make a south devon map from your one

i want to recreate torquay as i live there

Everytime I check this out, I see fantasticly realistic settings, great work!

I cannot wait to fly arround on that map, doing some low level sightseeing and whatnot...  rofl.gif

EDIT

While I was thinking about flying arround in Tornado's it hit me, wow_o.gif there isnt a proper Hawk in Red Arrows colours arround! crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Hopefully I will see what I can do about some Hawks for the 2 Squadrons that used to be based at Chivenor..

Oh, that would be sweet! wow_o.gif

Just a small question, are you planning to have the map all the way to the edges seeing as it isn't an island, or will you make it like the French Anjou island?

Sounds brilliant mate.

Dont go overloading yourself with stuff to do if i where you. You'll get bogged down and stuff will take so long for it to start looking how you want it you may end up getting fead up and moving on. That would be a great loss if it ever happened.

Anyhow... looks great mate, really does.

Daniel @ Dec. 28 2005,20:03)]Oh, that would be sweet!  wow_o.gif

Just a small question, are you planning to have the map all the way to the edges seeing as it isn't an island, or will you make it like the French Anjou island?

The map does currently go right to the edges, although I suspect I will flatten the last lines to lowest height on the map.

Its pretty low on the priority list, there is much else to do before I start to worry about the cosmetic's.

Also its pretty unlikely I will give up on this or Falklands as especially in this case its near to where I currently live, although if it turns out the Armed Assault can take a terrain such as this I would shift focus up to that, but that all depends on AA release date and also the ability for me to buy it too.

I started it so I will finish it, I have many mini projects linked that are in most cases unknown.

Great stuff- I think this is DEFINITELY worth persuing. Makes me think of the phrase "He who dares, wins"

-Breaker Out

Quote[/b] ]Also its pretty unlikely I will give up on this or Falklands...

Good stuff, can't wait to see more British soil in OFP. smile_o.gif

Big advice to all...

BACK UP OFTEN

I just saved this project from almost certain death..

I had lost a number of large texture workign files (over 300mb each COMPRESSED!wink_o.gif

Foudnthem on a disk I will now duplicate for safety

Am now suspecting this 'side project' will not complete this year due to Falklands commitments but here a piccy of the real terrain..

Its worth noting the tides out and this IS represented using the OFP 5m tides..

I do odd bits on this terrain as and when I need a break from Falklands.

Anyway here the piccy from Google Earth..

(A good place to check on what you are actually facing on 'real' maps)

NorthDevon.jpg

Those who have tested my map may well recognize a few locations..

Also..

In the very near future I WILL release my building pack as an ALPHA.. so that other may use whats there, there is quite a bit with no changes likely to the dimensions now but many requires geo lods and decent textures.

The map itself will he held back to limited beta testers for the moment.

That's a shame that it won't be complete this year, but if it brings the Falklands Mod closer then I suppose its the best choice.

Keep up the good work!

I will try to get the areas that are currently started done as that will let me release an alpha as those areas will be quite playable, just the small issue of some 'plain' areas around them.

Work has more or less stopped, partly down to time spent with Falklands and also due to Armed Assault.

Some experimentation has been done to take the map slightly away from its real version, which will make it a little easier to deal with as the alternative is lots and lots of new builds for the map.

In its current from there are still lots of very very open areas which detract from the rest of the map.

Those that have tried the map have commented on this and its one big reason its not gone full public yet.

Another is the sheer time its taking to move the airfield textures to 512x512, along with all the markings etc..

I am currently heavily involved with a rl project outside of ofp and computers and should have that complete around 12 Nov, things may move again after that.

Advising all that recent news on how Armed Assault does it mapping means that this map might not be possible..

Lots of research will need to be done once the game is out to ascertain just how in particular the airfield can be made, in essence I dont wish to lose the uniqueness of this field.

As for teh rest of the map, many unknowns mean I no longer know where to go.

I am not keen on spending lots of time on something thats not going to port over to Armed Assault.. even if thats a few months away still..