Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Gta san andreas

"October 19th, October 22nd and October 28th.."

What about PC and XBOX?

~6-12 months later smile_o.gif

Mafia didn't win any design awards... GTA VC won plenty... although i do love Mafia  smile_o.gif

Awards dont mean much to me, and imo Mafia was underated, it had a fantastic plot and cinematic feel, great music, neat graphics and textures, very interesting "jobs" and missions, very good characters and voice acting, etc...it was also very well put together and it really shows that alot of hard work had been put into it, i remember some of its great firefights and being chased by dogs or how we could take the train to move around the city, its a game that left me good memories smile_o.gif . GTA is within the same genre but on a more simple minded, relaxed and fun perspective. It lacks atention to detail and overall quality and it got boring fast, it didnt come close to my expectations and the PC conversion is also a very poor one has it didnt took advantage of PC's full potential, they could/should have improved its textures and models or found a way of getting rid of all those frequent  respawning people and stuff. I just dont have high expectations for GTA San Andreas smile_o.gif .

Gta didnt deserve any design awards seeing how poor achievement it is compared to Mafia...

Mafia was indeed a brilliant game, i own both of them... but it was GTA that started the Genre, it was the birth of such games. o say GTA had no plot is wrong, it had a plot, and always did - yes Mafia had a better and more obvious plot, but it was very very linear - GTA you could do the missions when u liked, or just drive around being a hoodlum on the way to the mission start.

GTA VC did deserve a design award, because it recreated so perfectly, down to advertising, music, clothing, architecture, the 80's - hence why it won a design award - yes, so did Mafia, but it wasn't nominated

as for voice acting - they had half the soprano's in for Vice City doing the voices, and some of the godfather lot as well... it was very good acting, just as good as the stuff in Mafia - Mafia pipped GTA only in realism in my eyes, the charachter models were much better, and realistic - and a stronger plot involved you.

Great music in mafia? there were 3 tunes that i remember, very very annoying at that - GTA VC won on the music front hands down. To also say GTA lacked attention to detail is naive... just stroll around the city for a while and you'll see how much attention tod etail they put into it, and the quality of the game...

my only quarrel was the PC playability - they, like u said, didnt convert the game properly to PC - objectives were far to easy because you had a mouse and could aim properly - spawned card that would dissapear when u turned around also annoyed the hell out of me...

otherwise, they are both very very good games - and GTA San Andreas can only get better

Great music in mafia? there were 3 tunes that i remember, very very annoying at that - GTA VC won on the music front hands down. To also say GTA lacked attention to detail is naive... just stroll around the city for a while and you'll see how much attention tod etail they put into it, and the quality of the game...

I meant that Mafia actually had its own soundtrack and it did add to the game's retro 30's/40's feel, why should GTA get credit for Mr. Mister or Michael Jackson beats hell outa me rock.gif

But it wasnt so impressive to move around VC has it was in New Heaven, the graphics quality and rendering capacity showed in Mafia were incredible, not to mention the looks of the interior levels that were also incredibly detailed, GTA was not so linear but that was a big part of its uninteresting side, go here, jump there, RC plane over there, follow waypoints around there, etc. It wasnt interesting, there wasnt nothing to capture player interest and to keep the game going.

Detail wise GTA was big and with much detail but it was still ugly and poor looking, the firefights have no comparison either in gameplay, weapons or the situations and levels itselves. The quality of the game is what sets both these games apart, Vice city lacks quality in many aspects, its like they built a large low rez pink city and forgot everything else, Mafia is alot more complete has a game imo. Im sure Mafia2 will not be made for the masses or exploit violence and sex in such a obvious way but it will beat the crap outa San Andreas for sure smile_o.gif .

GTA games will never beat the Postal games because GTA games are so scripted.....but that doesnt mean it isnt gonna be fun to hire gang members and beat the living crap out of old ladies  wink_o.gif

Mafia 2? now i didnt here about that.... deffinatly another one for the must buy list smile_o.gif

Mafia 2? now i didnt here about that.... deffinatly another one for the must buy list  smile_o.gif

Last time i went to their forums ive heard it was under development but these games always take very long time to build smile_o.gif .

Yes but the developers are shy. So very little info has been released regarding Mafia 2. It has supposedly been confirmed. A second game is quite natural due to the success of the first game.

The fansite "Codename:San Andreas" Have posted a 2.15mb PDF preview of the game, excellent read, download it here smile_o.gif

Thanks for the link Placebo! Meh i really don't want to wait 6-12 months more to get it on PC. Bying a consol for a single game is not very hot.

Thanks for the link Placebo! Meh i really don't want to wait 6-12 months more to get it on PC. Bying a consol for a single game is not very hot.

Exactly, i really really really want to have the new the legend of zelda games but i'll have to buy a gamecube to play them and i don't feel like spending 99 euros on one (just so i can play 2 games).

Pretty damn irritating because the zelda series are by far my favorit games, especially the 3d ones. It's the only game that i really like and that never dissappoints me...

Zelda just kicks asssss big time!

DAMN now i want to buy GC again!!!!!!

Financial support is ALWAYS welcome!

I will buy it for the radio stations alone....

only 3 months away. usually something this awsome would require you to wait for at least 2 years worth of developing. VC only came out just last year and they are probaly about somewhere around 70% to 85% finished. they must have quite a number of people working on it to get that much done that quickly especially w/ all that overhauling they are doing to the engine. im surprised the PS2 could handle all that. no loading times, isn't that what the article said in Placebo's link? this weekend i better head on over to Gamestop to reserve my copy. too bad theres no mention on when the Xbox version will be out. im guessing months after when the PC version is realeased like how they did it w/ GTA III and VC.

I'm in the same boat, don't want to wait for the PC version, fortunately as I have a PS2 I won't have to wink_o.gif

im surprised the PS2 could handle all that. no loading times, isn't that what the article said in Placebo's link?

Only loading is done when entering a building, let's just hope that's not 10 mins of loading per building wink_o.gif

Man this game is gonna rock.....not as much as OFP but still rock. Placebo. good find. I wet my self. As i have a PS2. I'm gonna get it first day wink_o.gif

Placebo. good find.

It was posted on the Evo-Web forum (forum for Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution football). PES/WE & GTA Two games I bought a PS2 for smile_o.gif Hopefully the next Fight Night will be decent as well smile_o.gif

Placebo. good find.

It was posted on the Evo-Web forum (forum for Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution football). PES/WE & GTA Two games I bought a PS2 for smile_o.gif Hopefully the next Fight Night will be decent as well smile_o.gif

Are you a mod on these forums tounge_o.gif

Anyway nice article, thanks for sharing with us placebo smile_o.gif

Nope just a regular pleb like you guys, I remember when I first joined I gave the mods a lot of grief, wonder where I learned that from biggrin_o.gif

Nope just a regular pleb like you guys, I remember when I first joined I gave the mods a lot of grief, wonder where I learned that from  biggrin_o.gif

Looks away.... biggrin_o.gif

teehee ^^

Btw i read something in Gamespot about The developers registering three new GTA names: GTA: TOKYO, GTA: BOGOTA and GTA: SIN CITY.

May be old news but still interesting. smile_o.gif

Nope just a regular pleb like you guys, I remember when I first joined I gave the mods a lot of grief, wonder where I learned that from  biggrin_o.gif

Holy shit, i suddenly notice that placebo, the moderator that haunted all of us nice spammers back in the ol' days, is no longer a moderator! Well whadya know! The world is full of surprises!!!

...I bet i'm the last person to notice this...

oh well... i can live with that! biggrin_o.gif

GTA: TOKYO,

If that comes out then i will be the happiest man on earth ! biggrin_o.gif

What!!!! No GTA Australia. mad_o.gif I'm very angrey tounge_o.gifmad_o.giftounge_o.gif