Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

Ofp2 screens from pc powerplay magazine

Hello there,

I'm not quite in the OFP2 thingy, but Darknova just sent me thoose screens via msn. It's from an article from pc powerplay magazine, and it says it's OFP2. I've never seen those before so i guess you'll find it interesting :

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec/

That can't be real!? Can it? OFP2 can't be that far in development?! what?!

No way... It cant be! can it!?

If it is, Wow good work BIS!

If its not, who's got the nerve to toy with us in such a way!?

Quote[/b] ]If its not, who's got the nerve to toy with us in such a way!?

pc powerplay magazine

ofp2b.jpg

There are other pics but they are bigger then 100 kb.

EDIT: Can we get confirmation that this ISN'T a hoax?

EG, someone get that magazine and find those screens!

Bottom left pic kinda looks like half life 2, and the top right pic (the one in this post) looks like battlefield vietnam! And if you look closely, it looks photochopped!

The only thing i can say for my defense is that Darknova sent me the two pages where there was this little article (in the middle), so this stuff is definitly from that magazine... I dont see why he would have spend so much time editing images.

Now is that real OFP2 pics ? I dont know, but that's what pc powerplay magazine pretends  rock.gif

I reckon the pic with the gloves doesnt fit with the OFP ambience very well...

If you want to find it, here's the ref. darknova gave me :

PC power play issue number 99, may 2004, page 47 & 48

Oh, and the thrid picture is "photoshoped". He sent me two pages, and cuted everything not relevent to ofp2 and merged the interesting stuff in a single small image. I can post the full pages if you really want to...

These are not real. I don't know what the first one is from, but I can confirm for a fact that the second one (with the grenade) is a picture taken from the next Medal of Honor game. That exact same picture was prinited in EGM a couple of months ago with the color of the grenade pointed out in a MoH preview.

This is a hoax.

None of the facts they have about OFP1 are right... you didn't play the role of a single "magic" SpecOp, so I imagine the photos are wrong as well, or they're related to other parts of the article.

argh crazy_o.gif

Yeah that's definitly a hoax then... I'm gonna delete that news from the ww2ec site. sorry about that guys... sad_o.gif

From looking at those two pages I'd say its just poor layout in the magazine and those pics are randomly placed rather than being next to the info on the game they are from.

From looking at those two pages I'd say its just poor layout in the magazine and those pics are randomly placed rather than being next to the info on the game they are from.

Yep

wow u guys really got me hoping. GRRRRRRRRR

Beeing a OFP Fan is hard for the heart tounge_o.gif

its so HELL excited over all the cool stuff and romours etc

tounge_o.gif

CANT wait for OFP2!!!!

Im a fairly avid reader of PCPP and that read that article, thats a screenshot from MOH pacific assault which if you look closely is also desribed in detail within the same place as OFP. Poor editing though I agree.

I knew it was something fishey with that pic.

Why would BIS have planted a compass on the uper-left side of the screen when this is supose to be a realistic game,

and I think they would have put the hand somewhere else then right in the middle of your face.

People if you have been a truly fan of OPF you would have notice it  biggrin_o.gif

No just kidding, everybody could have been wrong.

PS: It's good to be back on the forum again.

This looks more like an action game than OFP, something like farcry.

I didnt say it looked like farcry. I said it looked more like a farcry type of game than an OFP type of game.

lol they are pics from the latest medal of honour game for pc tounge_o.gif

the thing reeks of revamped quake3 or a quake3 based engine.

Remove image tags when quoting please.

yeah lol it looked like a moh game or the shell shock game but no ofp biggrin_o.gif