Sign in to follow this  
Peter_13

Vdv pack v2.0 by orcs

I have one complaint about these units; Why oh why doesnt every unit have a helmet on? I dont know how many of you have been in the army, but cirtainly, officers, medics and grenadiers do have to carry their helmets on their head as everyone else(when in combat or in the field) !!

well you are right until some point ... every infantry soldier has to carry a helmet

but as was also said SF think its to much of a burden (just pick up a kevlar helmet and feel its weight) thereby comes that a helmet block your field of view in some cases (put a helmet on and try to watch up/right (left) with your eyes)

the rules state that they carry them but most SF guys dont.

as fot them carring helmets in iraq and in afghanistan they are on a differant role there (police) and are in urban terrain thats why they carry them there

getting back to the vdv pack GREAT WORK !!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif but i cant seem to get it working with the wargames addon somehow ?

Hi all. thank you for your comments.

About helmets. All US (NATO) Soldiers & officers, as i heard, must wear helmets & all equip at war 'cause of ensurance laws... In russia, on a real war, soldiers prefer lighter hats - helmet will not save your head from a bullet, but it weights pretty enough))) If you want, i can show you some real photos, that you will see it yourselves))

Where can I find them in the editor?

I put the files in flashpoint/res/addons folder.

Deleted exacly what I should.

And nothing.

Neither in east/men or anywhere else.

that may be true cause I have lightly speaking 2GB of addons.

Yeah that's one myth alot of people have about kevlar helmets. Very few kevlar helmets produced today are capable of stopping rifle rounds if any. I know for certain that the standard issue PASGT Kevlar helmets that the US Army issues does not stop bullets. It may deflect them or stop some bullets depending on the angle they hit, but a square hit to the front or to side by an 5.56mm round at least will go straight through it. Helmets are primarily designed to protect the head against shrapnel.

But as someone else said, they also screw up your field of vision as well as your hearing (the helmet acoustics play tricks on your ears).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Personally i think, that if you get a bullet in your head, when wearing a helmet, that will be a very hard trauma... Impulse & energy of bullet or a shrapnel piece are very high... )

denorc could you give us links to photos plz?

It's not that i don't trust you ,I just want to see some pics about those units IRL.

My knowledge in infantry is quite limited.  biggrin_o.gif

2 Kuba

Not absolutely so.

Only paratroopers (VDV) have blue berets. Black berets - marines. Red - special forces of the Ministry of internal affairs (MVD). Berets a unusual occurrence in RF Army. In the Soviet Army too. smile_o.gif Berets - a symbol of elite.

Usual (regular) soldiers/officers do not put on them. Without dependence from a rank.

2 Jonstyle

I was the officer in Russian Federation Army. I express the point of view of my colleagues about it. The helmet is used only in intensive fights (with application of artillery, for example). At recon operations (or tactical landings) the helmet prevents. Helmet (cevlar/metall) will not protect from a bullet (a neck will break in any case). What for a superfluous cargo?

The acustic thing was one thing that made me leave the helmet behind as a recon squadleader. Second thing was that the bloody thing got caught up in the rucksack and forced my view to be more or less only my own feet.

There were also alot of "officers" around that were more interested in that you wore the regulated kit then that you acctually had logical equipment on you.

Here are some photos of Russian forces in Chechnya.

cecenija_9.jpg

cecenijoje_rusai10.jpg

cecenijoje_rusai13.jpg

chechnya349.jpg

chechnya_russia30.jpg

chechnya_russia37.jpg

chechnyamilarms07.jpg

chechnyamilarms09.jpg

chechnyamilarms39.jpg

The more I play around with this pack the more I like it.

Spasibo Orc Studios. smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

to fill at least one slot for west, here´s a pic of a GI (or UK) sniper w/o helmet:

ig_sniper_hr.JPG

@Void False

Becouse there is many models. I can use one model for default machinegunner, another for medic, and another for grenadier. Becouse of this game looks more realistick. Another reason, they look verry good as default soldiers. I was wondering about LSR Naval Marines, but they camo were to yellow. Camo of RF airborne is perfect....

edit

I use one of the recon airborne as specnaz...

I have one complaint about these units; Why oh why doesnt every unit have a helmet on? I dont know how many of you have been in the army, but cirtainly, officers, medics and grenadiers do have to carry their helmets on their head as everyone else(when in combat or in the field) !!

Well, as far as I recall, recon units never wear helmets, because they are an extra burden.

Same goes for paratroops, because they are supposed to be able to move around quickly. Sure they have the option to wear helmets, but they normally don't.

Umm... no.

All airborne troops wear helmets when they jump. They're all supposed to wear helmets in combat too. Look at pics of Iraq and Afghanistan right now - all troops, airborne/marine/whatever are wearing helmets in combat. Even SF guys wear helmets in combat. Nobody particularly likes wearing them until they get shot at. I know I hated wearing mine.

Hellfish,

You can not do a para jump in a standard helmet, because there is too much of a risk for your neck to be broken in the process. US paratroopers deploy helmets that are specially designed for safe landings.

Russians currently don't use such a helment, that's why they jump in tanker's soft hats.

Peace,

DreDay

Well what else could i say than: AWESOME WORK everything superb and as it should be, im really amazed.

Yeah, nice work, i'd love to see this in WG Addpack.

-ZiRo

Just wanted to say THANKS for a great addon! Kudos to every one in the ORCS-team....

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Well, as far as I recall, recon units never wear helmets, because they are an extra burden.

Same goes for paratroops, because they are supposed to be able to move around quickly. Sure they have the option to wear helmets, but they normally don't.

Umm... no.

All airborne troops wear helmets when they jump. They're all supposed to wear helmets in combat too. Look at pics of Iraq and Afghanistan right now - all troops, airborne/marine/whatever are wearing helmets in combat. Even SF guys wear helmets in combat. Nobody particularly likes wearing them until they get shot at. I know I hated wearing mine.

Hellfish,

You can not do a para jump in a standard helmet, because there is too much of a risk for your neck to be broken in the process.  US paratroopers deploy helmets that are specially designed for safe landings.

Russians currently don't use such a helment, that's why they jump in tanker's soft hats.

Peace,

DreDay

I was Air Assault, not Airborne. smile_o.gif But nevertheless, they still wear helmets, don't they?

Good point about the tanker helmets, though. I forgot the Russians used them.

Lord of the rings Orcs....I hate em. These Orcs....I would have their babies LOL.

Another superb upgrade for my favorite russian unit of all.

I would like to have west and east units fighting side by side to fight a real enemy of the modern world....Terrorists.

PH

Lord of the rings Orcs....I hate em. These Orcs....I would have their babies LOL.

Another superb upgrade for my favorite russian unit of all.

I would like to have west and east units fighting side by side to fight a real enemy of the modern world....Terrorists.

PH

Parker Hale i love you!!! I dont love you as gay but i love what you are saying!!!

Denorc, how about those v1.20 VDV's, with animated helmets? I was wondering why did you remove this feature at v1.5 and 2.0?

Jon

These are pretty darn good. I do miss the armpatches though, they seem kind of empty with out them.

The only problems i've noticed are two...

1. The PK's tracers should be green.

2. The rpg16 is insanely overpowered. It can destroy Sigmas T90s and abrams in one hit, and not only that but it flips them wow_o.gif

I shot Sigs T90 with it and the thing fliped not once, not twice, but thrice. If you tell me it is capable of destroying the said tanks in one hit, well ok but it shouldn't send the rolling head over heels across Europe.

By the way I really like the AKs in this pack. I almost always replace the weapons in a unit pack right away with the JAM versions of Earl and sucheys Marine pack weapons. I like the ammo for all my units to be interchangeable, though this time I'm torn. The AKs sound great in this pack. That and its cool to actually have the red fiberglass magazine version of the AK74.

Maybe ORCs, Earl, Suchey and JAM should all work together on a new JAM3 with new weapon models and sounds?

These are pretty darn good.  I do miss the armpatches though, they seem kind of empty with out them.

Actually, there ARE armpatches... they were not added to units by default. I'll make armpatch list here shortly... stay tuned smile_o.gif