Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

Drow, you seem to sound like that guy was trying to offend you, but read his post and take it easy next time.

No knocking your work and no offense intended.

1. So you are not gonna realease just the island, correct?

2. Why does everyone wanna reinvent the wheel? I mean is it an ego thing, ie WE/I made this whole mod, weapons and all.

3. How many friggin M16's, of all types have been made for OFP...50...75...100

4. Personally, I am perfectly happy with SEB's troops and weapons, the armor would have been nice but....

5. Good Luck, looks like alot of work. I would have loved to have your Island smile_o.gif

Well, I am not.

There are barely few decent M-16.

one decent m-14 and it is not a 60-70 version

What about m1 carbine?

As you may not know Nam started without M-16 to begin with this dispute.

I just don't want to start what the Charlie had in their weaponry.

What about bunkers?

And the whole lotta other stuff.

dude, u been here since 2002, and only posted 12 times ?

Yep and it's answers like yours started out and the one by Gordy that are the main reason I don't post more smile_o.gif

On a positive note, good to hear about your plants pack.

As far as reinventing the wheel, hey whatever floats your boat. I just see so many people redoing the same thing in OFP. Seems like a waste of time and talent. Me I've been working on the same two Nam Missions for over a year. Might get em done before OFP2 comes out. I just need TOW to finish their CH34 biggrin_o.gif

Peace blues.gif

For some odd reason he has this weird temper thing, he thinks people are always after him wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif

but seriously,

the Sebnam pack is severly outdated. When we release this BFV_plants thing, youll get to have fun untill all the new toys are ready... sorry for being mean.  

o and man, so u know, not everyone readily gives permission to use their addons, so you are forced to make alot that are already out there, because youre not allowed modify the textures and config or whatnot so they fit within your mod...  sad_o.gif

really someone point me to a good lookin m16a1? As for reionventing the wheel?!?!?! Tell me where I can find early Vietnam War US marines, prefrablly for operation starlight, ya know not many flak vests and shit? But hey what ever floats your boat eh, wasted talent? We'll let the community be the judge of that. And just writing "no offense" doesnt mean shit, no offense.

I personally use the IER pack M16A1 (letaest version IER).

I edited the pack so that the first LOD is the same as the pilot LOD. The pilot LOD's in the IER are really REALLY good. The first LOD's are however crap an lack a lot of details.

I've been using that ever since.

I´m a little frustrated so I just had to get this of my chest:

Its bad that you , Unsung, doesnt have full access/permission to sebnam-pack. That will "kill" the wonderful sebnam because if I must choose one nam-mod I belive yours will be better... And thats a waste of already nice work. It would be better to see sebnam get a rebirth in your mod...

But I know this is offtopic in this thread AND that its not your fault about permission so I stop here.

Keep up the good work. I´m really looking forward to your mod.

yea, its too bad, but as u say, we dont have permission.

however SelectThis was nice enuff to let us use his Spec Op huey... thats pretty nice of him and we appreciate it.

I just think that if he wants to hold on to the sebnam pack for a possible resurrection, it will be too late by the time he gets the chance (to put in work on the project, but who am i to assume how much time he has on his hands :P).

newskys1.jpg

newskys2.jpg

newskys3.jpg

newskys4.jpg

newskys5.jpg

newskys6.jpg

Been doing some work on the new sky/water addon lately, thought we would show you.

Should release soon.

Drow, your mod is looking so tight dude. I can't wait for its final release date! Not to mention I can't wait for this TIGHT ASS SKY/WATER PACK!! crazy_o.gif

How about some pics from the water, or its going to be the same as the first released version?

It was good enought for me, and stil its.

regards.

@cero.

They look great smile_o.gif

You don't have any obvious cloud formations you would have noticed both infront of you and behind you, which is great.

So they are 1024x1024 pxl's?

They look great smile_o.gif

You don't have any obvious cloud formations you would have noticed both infront of you and behind you, which is great.

So they are 1024x1024 pxl's?

yea theyre not perfect, but theyre pretty good, best i come up with yet.

yes theyre 1024... wink_o.gif

*whistles*ThEy ArE PeRfEcT*whistles wow_o.gif

na I believe they are though lol...they are beautiful I swear! Could we use em possibly?

well thanks for the comlements but as everything with OFP it could use some polish, however,,, its pretty much ready to rock.  smile_o.gif

what is changed:

- Keg's (moving) clouds edited,

- Keg's Rain textures edited (alot),

- New main sky textures (obviously :P)

- Status_cz's dark blue water texture (edited to be brown)

looking good fella.

I had a brain spark yesterday, and I moved all the files from the Namsky to my Nam mod folder, good job that the DTA folder files wasn't the same to what was in the mod folder biggrin_o.gif so it works as a charm. I don't need to put two mod lines in the same shortcut, only runing one single mod folder now for the Vietnam addons and the Nams sky.

LOL, I didn't thought about that before, I can be brainless when I want to. crazy_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Hey, when you will be releasing the skies and water, you will probably make a bat installer.

Remember to make two versions of it, one working with Win 2k/XP and one working with Win 9x/Me (and test them both on all systems). That will save you many "help me" letters.

These two system branches have several differences in the console, therefore I remember that Kegetys hisky pack bat installer was written for 2k/XP and was not working in 9x/Me.

Great work as always. This is my favorite mod in Op Flashpoint, and it aint even out yet.

Just looking at the screenshots give me giggles at oh wmuch fun I'll be having.

just please, for the love of god, release a Campaign with the mod.

just please, for the love of god, release a Campaign with the mod.

Dont u worry, we wouldnt put all this work into something noone could play, or into something people will just mess around for 5 minutes with in the editor...

you will see a campaign.