Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

Talk to me on msn wilco smile_o.gif

Once again the Unsung need s texture help, please we really need it. Anyone who knows any one who can texture and is interested tell them, anything will be appreciated. Everything that was giving to use last time went greatly appreciated. We really need your help to get tthis demo out the door. Thank you

Minorthreat

I have a question regarding the Namsky beta:

I installed it recently and it works for a few minutes, then suddenly the game will freeze for five seconds and when it unfreezes, there are some weird graphical issues.

The first time it happened, all of the character models disappeared, along with alot of the objects on the map such as huts and buildings. The only evidence of the soldiers' presence was their floating weapons.

The second time this happened, all of the objects stayed where they were, but whenever I turned in a certain direction, the screen filled with big, jagged shapes until I turned away.

Was just wondering if this was merely a beta issue, because I didn't see anyone else mention similar problems in the sky pack threads, and I'd really like to keep this addon running.

Quote[/b] ]The first time it happened, all of the character models disappeared, along with alot of the objects on the map such as huts and buildings. The only evidence of the soldiers' presence was their floating weapons.

I had this with very high video card settings and a lot of modfolders, i could kept the video settings by reducing number of used addons. Maybe a memory issue, but could be anything else too.

I have a question regarding the Namsky beta:

I installed it recently and it works for a few minutes, then suddenly the game will freeze for five seconds and when it unfreezes, there are some weird graphical issues.

The first time it happened, all of the character models disappeared, along with alot of the objects on the map such as huts and buildings. The only evidence of the soldiers' presence was their floating weapons.

The second time this happened, all of the objects stayed where they were, but whenever I turned in a certain direction, the screen filled with big, jagged shapes until I turned away.

Was just wondering if this was merely a beta issue, because I didn't see anyone else mention similar problems in the sky pack threads, and I'd really like to keep this addon running.

what could be the poblem is missing lods in few addons

becouse of hi-res sky your pc sudently started to render distance lods on models that dont have those finished, so thats why you get floating weapons, when distance lod has weapon proxie but no soldier model.

but im only guessing :-)

Thanks for the replies.

My video card settings aren't very high, and I was only running two or three addons in the mission.

I forgot to mention - in addition to the sky pack, I was also running the DMA animation pack and DXDLL (with none of the graphic functions running - I only use it for screenshots).

I have also tried two other sky packs and so far I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

i will give the vietnam addons i have on disc to anyone who wants them if it is confirmed that the unsugn is dead,

it looks that way but i am not sure, maybe they have been working on the addons... i just think its sad to see nothing has come of them, i worked on them for a very long time and would like to see them out there being played

i made vietcong/nva and marines that were 75 percent done at least to look at they were very close to being done.

is anything happening with the unsung? if not i will donate these to any vietnam mod that will finish them.

Ask Roger, I believe he has the updated units? And Korax has the most updated config too. I may have the latest units, I don't know.

I'm not sure but i think i saw a few new members for the Unsung join not so long ago. But hey your right, the forum has been down for some time now. Also the website hasn't been updated in a while.

But according to this (<---clicky) thread over at www.ofpnam.com, the Unsung mod should still be alive and kicking.

i am very interested in the vegetation, palms, bushes and the like smile_o.gif

i am using the bfv_gecko pack and like it very much, it has some issues with the alpha channel, i would like to know if i can fix them wink_o.gif