Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

I can build some weapons for you friends or some jeeps I guess...I need some experience on jeeps...

wow_o.gif Nice. You have done a good job converting these models to OFP. Thumbs up.  smile_o.gif

that jungle looks fantastic! With the atmospheric sky and those ruins it might even surpass the Tonai jungle! Are there any bigger and higher trees on the island as well? (the three pics only show low trees...)

And another question: How big is the island? I hope you didn't exagerate with poly and objects count such as happend with Tonai island?

I appreciate that you keep to show us the progress of the mod... Keep it up!

final question: The Unsung mod... is there any cooperation together with the old sebNAM Pack (I mean does it include the old sebNam units) or will it contain completely new material? I ask 'cus I loved the SebNam Huey, its my favorite even about 2 years after its release!

funny u should mention that,

SelectThis woudlnt really give me permissions on the whole pack, but he did give me permissions for his black Spec Op huey, which is basically the huey slick in the sebnam pack with a different sound.

We're working on that now, and you can expect really cool things from it. Also, Cribban has decided to lend a hand and join the team, hes currently working on anims for the huey. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Some more eye candy, some of Uncle Sams Mean Green Fighting Machines, designed and built to kill Uncle Ho's little boys. So here they are still WIP but we need the communities ideas.

us1.jpg

us2.jpg

us3.jpg

us4.jpg

The troops look really good.

The only nitpick I see in those pics(and I dont know if this has been mentioned before) is that the forearms dont match up very well texturewise.

yeah i think we can figure a way to make that better wink_o.gif actually thats prolly the easiest things to do lol.

I don't know if anyones said or asked this because i dont really have the time to read through the whole forum but, In the Campaign any chance of getting aussie units in there? be great to have some Australian units in a campaign for once.

I believe someone is all ready making aussie nam units, search flash.ru for it i remeber seeing them there.

Just a quick question...on the M16A1's r u goin to alter the flash supressor to the tri point one instead of the default 4 way as seen on the Bis ones??

guys feel free to post your comments and tell us what you think about it, what it needs what you like, what you dislike, but keep in mind there are EARLY war marines not the ones you see in FMJ and other such movies.

no thats right the EARLY war marines dont have the M16 and gear that the ones in FMJ and Plutoon have

it have M14 and the gear that we got on our troopers allredy

Our new website is up and running and waiting to be viewed by the waiting public!

Check it out here

http://www.theunsung.ofpnam.com/

P.S. The website is still a work in progress so not all of it is finished and there maybe a few changes from time to time too. But its up!

There's already a topic about the website Killmore.

No knocking your work and no offense intended.

1. So you are not gonna realease just the island, correct?

2. Why does everyone wanna reinvent the wheel? I mean is it an ego thing, ie WE/I made this whole mod, weapons and all.

3. How many friggin M16's, of all types have been made for OFP...50...75...100

4. Personally, I am perfectly happy with SEB's troops and weapons, the armor would have been nice but....

5. Good Luck, looks like alot of work. I would have loved to have your Island smile_o.gif

dude, u been here since 2002, and only posted 12 times ?

go ahead and play SEB till the end of time.

mad_o.gif

edit -  we 're using quite a bit of stuff from around the community, we're not making everything ourselves... mostly everything from Vietnam war was used in at least one other war that has a mod going etc. read the thread a bit.

We're releasing a jungle plants pack... so other nam/jungle modders can make jungle islands for you while ours is in progress.

We're a mod thats pretty community friendly if you ask me.