Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung - updates

Superb units smile_o.gif

Will you add Vietnamese voice acting? I guess it's pretty hard to find people who speaks Vietnamese but it would be great. Perhaps you could borrow some samples from older Nam games.

Also women and children would add alot to the atmosphere. A Nam without civilians doesn't feel quite real but you're maybe already working on them? I know you had an old man model ready.

Yea we'll be working on all that in time, right now we're focusing on the NVA and VC.

VC59.jpg

VC60.jpg

VC61.jpg

I dont know if this has been discussed before so please forgive me if it has. I very much hope that your weapons have high dispersion in them so that the fire fights feel like fire fights and not sniper duels. wink_o.gif

I dont know if this has been discussed before so please forgive me if it has. I very much hope that your weapons have high dispersion in them so that the fire fights feel like fire fights and not sniper duels.  wink_o.gif

High dispersion is the most annoying thing there is. Weapons are accurate. Better to solve it like FDF has with weapon sway and recoil. Then it will be up to the players skill if he hits the target or not.

Wow, bloody excellent  biggrin_o.gif

sim

how come most of pics you comment are in your opinion "bloody" ? there is no blood at all  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic4.jpg

Also women and children would add alot to the atmosphere. A Nam without civilians doesn't feel quite real but you're maybe already working on them? I know you had an old man model ready.

Dont add kids, it wont really add that much. I dont think anyway.

Dont add kids, it wont really add that much.  I dont think anyway.

I guess half of the population were kids so it would be strange if they were missing.

Ive been thinking about this, (no theyre not performing too bad right now) but we may want to make a low detail version for things liek "Protect the FireBase" missions, where we're spawning enemies and deleting dead bodies to keep an ongoing battle.

In this case it would be nice to have relatively simple east units that you can have alot of them on the map at once with no "lagg".  

On the other hand its pretty cool having these high detailed East units to PLAY AS!  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]High dispersion is the most annoying thing there is. Weapons are accurate. Better to solve it like FDF has with weapon sway and recoil. Then it will be up to the players skill if he hits the target or not.

Your missing the best point of the HD weapons there. They are an excellent way of being able to use higher levels of AI skill without making them hit you with their first pistol round at 300 meters.

Giving HD weapons to the player is annoying but they are best used to "tune" the AI.

Can you give us an idea as of now, of a comparable unit in terms of lag? Like maybe BAS rangers? Or ORC"S VDV?

it is too fast to talk about lags.

as long they are still under construction and optimalization...

Oh, I see, can u at least give us an idea of how polished they are? They look good enough to release but what percent of optimization has been completed so far?

well its hard to put my finger on that, these units are relatively new and still need a lot of testing.

That looks brilliant  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]how come most of pics you comment are in your opinion "bloody" ? there is no blood at all tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Lol, I'm british  tounge_o.gif

sim

we updated our website finally, sry for the lack of updates.

WEBSITE

Theres new music on the radio too wink_o.gif

rock.gif

Is it me or did that Nam radio suddenly turn nasty

tounge_o.gif

great stuff!

define nasty ;)

its underground (off base) radio, anything goes, esspecialy military edicate... right out the window  tounge_o.gif

edit - and if that shit on our radio is too harsh for you guys you better stear clear of our campaign wink_o.gif