Sign in to follow this  
Landwarrior87

Medium sized urban desert

will someone help me locate a nice medium sized (which means lag free) desert island?? Tonal was my first choice.. but i would never be able to make a complex mission cuz i cant place a single unit.. to much lag in the editor.. Tonali 1 would be ideal.. but then its too small, and not desert! Then i tried the pzfaust island which has a little desert in it.. and was kinda ugly with CWC trees and buildings in there. Just a nice Desert place even if its with Res buildings i would appreciate if anyone knows a good one. thanx.

I would but the thing is that...

A. I have no desert buildings

B. Using Tonals would make it so that I have to download Tonal

C. I Don't think they would let me (for a good reason, not because they are assholes cuz they arent)

D. I have six other Islands I have to do.

E. The resistance buildings (most) don't look good in the desert

F. There are very few CWC buildings that look good in the desert

G. I have no desert foliage

H. Reserved for next thing

There is a pretty good Afghanistan "island." Afghan island thread

Go by http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=islands

The Afghan island is on page 3, though the link appears to be dead. Ill see if I can dig it up, though a lot of people seem to preffer the earlier versions of the island.

There is a Somalia/Mogadishu BHD island on the first page and a number of others in the section. Akropolis on page 4 seems popular. Actually, those are probably the only desert islands worth bothing with there.

I don't see an Afghanistan island download source but they might update the Project Nomad homepage with the map. Also, relevant Nomad forum message on the island. Besides Tonal it's probably the best one.

RHS "Sandy Rocks" island is a very nice, small desert island...not all that urban though (maybe you could place more buildings yourself in the editor).

As stated above the BHD island and Catshitones Afghani islands are good too.

No to mention good old Desert Malden...(maybe a little dated now, but still nice)

someone should revisit those old cwc desert converted islands.

updae them and put them all on one map.

i wish i could do island editing.

thx for the help guys, ive got all of the Afghan Islands been playing it alot too... maybe thats why i think i need a change of scenery, Desert Malden just dont have all the urban feel to it. and ill cry seeing those STT Desert Troops again.. man thats bringing back the old days of CWC :-)

im downloading Sinai by Lost Brothers, screens look promising i think this is what ive been looking for.

In less than a week, my team will be releasing a nice desert island. Go to both the forums and the site to see some screenshots. We plan to release it by Saturday smile_o.gif

MadMan Webpage

I'm Pretty Sure PUKF were talking a while back about a Basra island, im not sure if its anywhere near completion but its definatly somin to look out for.

Last I heard they canceled thier Basra Project, cant remember why.

In less than a week, my team will be releasing a nice desert island.  Go to both the forums and the site to see some screenshots.  We plan to release it by Saturday smile_o.gif

MadMan Webpage

Interesting, so madaussie is finishing cat's afghanistan island? I remember that island had the potential to be best user made island ever, good terrain, awsome textures, all custom buildings and objects and many of them had interiors. It just wasnt finished, and Nomad seems dead for sure sad_o.gif .

I hope this turns out ok smile_o.gif .

thx for the help guys, ive got all of the Afghan Islands been playing it alot too... maybe thats why i think i need a change of scenery, Desert Malden just dont have all the urban feel to it. and ill cry seeing those STT Desert Troops again.. man thats bringing back the old days of CWC :-)

im downloading Sinai by Lost Brothers, screens look promising i think this is what ive been looking for.

Yeah you probably will like the Sanai island. It has a good mixture of urban enviornments as well as nice open desert areas.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm Pretty Sure PUKF were talking a while back about a Basra island, im not sure if its anywhere near completion but its definatly somin to look out for.

Yes it’s a shame we had to cancel due to lack of workers.

Yes it’s a shame we had to cancel due to lack of workers.

Do you need someone familiar with WRPtool?

There is enough stuff released out there if you have skills you can make one for yourself , if your just looking for urban envoirnments.

Ofcourse if you wanna wait for some REAL stuff wait for 3WX Mods release thy are building ME buildings mainly related to Iraq.

But as i said there are plnty of standalone releases out there for you to mix and match together to get a good map going smile_o.gif

You could try Jelallabhat island - rough/desert - urban - all's there.

Search thru the islands at ofp.info and you gotta find it.

~S~ CD

Ofcourse if you wanna wait for some REAL stuff wait for 3WX Mods release thy are building ME buildings mainly related to Iraq.

Our team is being allowed to use these buildings biggrin_o.gif. I don't believe first release of island will have 3WX's buildings because they are not finished, but future versions will include 3WX's ME buildings smile_o.gif.

Yeah, 3WX is off to a slow start because of RL issues, but expect big things starting in mid May. School is killing me right now, but Ag. Smith is still plugging away. We still have a few tricks up our sleeve! biggrin_o.gif