Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Dkm-mod updates

Uh,  download vit apc 1.4 is still corrupted. Also patch from 1.3 to 1.4 says it's "not found".

Just downloaded and installed and tested the new APC pack, all working fine.   smile_o.gif

Truly one of the best collections of Addons ever made for Flashpoint IMESHO.

This isnt a tank... its a giant smoke machine biggrin_o.gif or thats what i use it for atleast blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]Uh, download vit apc 1.4 is still corrupted. Also patch from 1.3 to 1.4 says it's "not found

file downloads just fine here, but the 1.3 to 1.4 link was broken indeed, fixed it.

And this voices .... sweet!  tounge_o.gif

Glad you liked them. If only we knew where they came from. Maybe we'll never know. Oh well, it'll remain one of life's mysteries crazy_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

very nice

put 4 cahllengers against 8 bmp3s the bmps lose 4 almost instantly then the other bmp3 start shooting but dont do much dammage then the bmp3s run away tounge_o.gif

Challenger vs Black Eagle ?

Outcome:- Challenger lost everytime (I was in the BE LOL)

PH

Quote[/b] ]Uh,  download vit apc 1.4 is still corrupted.  Also patch from 1.3 to 1.4 says it's "not found

file downloads just fine here, but the 1.3 to 1.4 link was broken indeed, fixed it.

Still corrupted. WinRAR 3.20 says unexpected end of archive. I've d/ld from home and work without success, and have d/l'd the Challenger with no problems.

FYI: Windows file size 15.9 MB (16,715,776 bytes)

right, now im done with this mess. its a self extracting rar archive again, no BS about winrar versions...

try again and use the built in extractor.

Challenger is way too weak and inaccurate for engagements at 2000 meters. Four RHS T-62's at 2100 meters annilated four DKM Challenger 2 DU tanks while both at combat.

One T-62 was destroyed another disabled, other than that the British tank looked during several rounds like an APC coffin. sad_o.gif

Improve the power and accuracy of the 120mm Sabot for the Challenger 2 and increase the minimum distance for the tanks to know if a target is enemy.

However, the smoke functions and the map were quite helpful and much enjoyed using it.

CR2 was designed to blend in with default BIS units, power and armor wise, doing what you say would mean ppl will HAVE to use other 3rd party addons to counter the might of cr2

It would be a complete mismatch to BIS vehicles and would feel like some ubertank when ppl would even try to do so.

Stop comparing it to something it wasnt designed for and use it against black eagles or standard T80's/T72's.

I dont know the specs of real life T62, but i think a present day Cr2 troop need only point their guns vaguely in the direction of a T-62 squad to make their crew bail out and surrender. (correct me if im wrong)

So i wonder; since it is SO obvious this tank wasnt designed to combat that T62 you are speaking of, why does this remark keep popping up???

Why shoul we conform to what someone else thought were correct values for a tank? did it ever occur to you that maybe the t62 may be at fault here? unless ofcourse, the t62 was designed more like real life data, in which case our tanks are a mismatch.

Quote[/b] ]Challenger is way too weak and inaccurate for engagements at 2000 meters. Four RHS T-62's at 2100 meters annilated four DKM Challenger 2 DU tanks while both at combat.

you automatically put the blame at our latest addon, and say it as if it is a fact. just think about that, and how ppl like us would reaceive such a 'verdict'

Sure we could make the cr2 match up to rhs t-62, but then others will damn us for not making it playable against t80's, because the cr2 would completely butcher them.

so, once and for all: the challenger, black eagle, tunguska and all other stuff we released so far were and still are all intended to be used alongside vehicles with values like the BIS vehicles.

btw, we are gathering information to make a 'second line' set of addons, and we will make them as realistic as possible.

a present day Cr2 troop need only point their guns vaguely in the direction of a T-62 squad to make their crew bail out and surrender. (correct me if im wrong)

the Chally 2 is arguebly (although not much of an argument) the best tank in the world... bare with me here

generally because of its new chobain armour plating and its main gun an incredible range... as far as a i remember, a M1A1 wouldnt come into firing range before the C2 opened fire acuratly..

its an awesome piece of kit... DKM, im glad you've decided to make it work with current BIS units... means better gameplay... otherwise whats the point?

The vitapc_1_4.exe (or .rar) available from the DKM web site contains only a VITAPC.pbo file.

Possibly missing:<ul>

[*] An updated 1.4 readme detailing the changes

[*] A 1.4 VITAPC_config.pbo

My personal opinion is that making addons to match with standard BIS vehicles is inherently flawed.

I use addon tanks with other addon tanks. I do not use default BIS vehicles anymore yet I find it quite perplexing when addon authors match up their work with vehicles I don't even use in missions.

All we have now is unrealistically weak tanks that are not suitable for use within a mission.

Just my opinion but build a tank based on what you think is a most realistic representation of it's characteristics and let other addons fall into line and forget about standardizing with default BIS units which are no longer used in missions.

I use addon tanks with other addon tanks. I do not use default BIS vehicles anymore yet I find it quite perplexing when addon authors match up their work with vehicles I don't even use in missions.

but they arent catering for you wishes... there is a whole community besides you who may use these against BIS standard vehicles... I still use BIS units in missions... why? because it cuts down on downloads... i'm not about to use an addon for one scene in a cutscene... its pointless - why use a nicely textured, brilliant features M1A1 when u can use the BIS one for the same small clip...

anyways... maybe they might make a realistic one.. maybe other mods will (dont feel i should advertise in this thread) or maybe you could edit the config yourself and release (with permission) a more accurate version

sorry... that sounded like i was getting at you a little... what im trying to say is that DKm are trying to get an addon out that will balance all the views and wishes of the community... there are always going to be some things you may not like, but at the end of the day, you have a very nice tank to play with tounge_o.gif

just dpoed and pboed back vit apc pack with new file and its all good, it even works perfectly with ecp on, txs smile_o.gif

And about the so called Challenger "weakness" , i just watched (from a safe distance) 4 of them waste 6 T-21's + 3 BMD's...All the T-21's were disabled and all IFV's destroyed against 1 destroyed Challenger.

And i also agree that using BIS units as a platform makes a lot of sense, functioning as a "universal" platform (imperfect as it is) , 'cos if not diferent addon makers will use different values and thus rendering addons "incompatible" with other addons.

I guess if you make SP missions it makes no difference. I only make MP missions and I like both sides to have vehicles based on realism so that they are not disadvantaged because the author based the addon on BIS stuff, (the BIS t80 is no match for the M1A1 and players feel they are at a disadvantage). If the vehicles are based on realism at least you can say well that's what they are like in real life not everything is equal smile_o.gif

We'll leave it at preference. I prefer to use vehicles with realistic charactoristics. There are some other tanks by another author who is very good at what he does and those were what I was hoping to match the Challenger2 up with however that is not really possible in it's current state.

i know an very veyr easy fix for this..

stop using config.bin files for your add-ons and let people edit them to their taste and equal them up to other more real add-ons..

problem is that the data for the defualt BIS is completely wrong. so why base it on a wrong data.

just release a config.cpp file and let people do what they want.

i hate these config.bin add-on makers are using..

i know an very veyr easy fix for this..

stop using config.bin files for your add-ons and let people edit them to their taste and equal them up to other more real add-ons..

problem is that the data for the defualt BIS is completely wrong. so why base it on a wrong data.

just release a config.cpp file and let people do what they want.

i hate these config.bin add-on makers are using..

What you are moaning about, the .pbo is openable without problem.. you should allready know how to unbin a config, since it was discussed a hundred times before, if you don't.. try the search function.

@Lt_Damage: As we stated before there might be a second line of vehicles, which will fit then to the Sigma/RHS system, in the future.

@Rastavovich, well that's good to hear, the Challenger will join OGN's addon list at that time.

Cheers,

My personal opinion is that making addons to match with standard BIS vehicles is inherently flawed.

All we have now is unrealistically weak tanks that are not suitable for use within a mission.

Just my opinion but build a tank based on what you think is a most realistic representation of it's characteristics and let other addons fall into line and forget about standardizing with default BIS units which are no longer used in missions.

I am with you on this.

Never mind me, just having an attack of the stupids.

/swears to ALWAYS RTFM from now on

Challenger 2

Sorry DKM

Track sounds and load sounds are poo.

Did the troop have some spare Union Flag stickers?

mfdkm.jpg