Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Triumph:  I'll tell you how I fixed the "updated" Everon.  It took me about 1 hour.  First I created 2 folders on my desktop, one titled updated, the other titled original.  I copied the original eden.pbo (Everon) from the OFP CWC CD and put this in the folder titled original. Then I put the updated eden.pbo in the updated folder.  Then I opened 2 WRPTool windows side by side.  In one window I had the original Everon, in the other window I had the updated Everon (it gets kind of tricky to keep them straight).  I compared the updated Everon to the original and removed extra trees and buildings that had been added.  Especially important are the trees close to the main runway.  After all the problems were removed, I saved it and copied the new file back to the OFP/Worlds folder.  There maybe some more bugs that I haven't found yet, I will just have to play around with it some more.

Also I love the new Longbow replacement.  Does it have one-hit-one kill radar guided Hellfire 2 missiles instead of the crappy BIS Hellfires? Well if it doesn't I guess that is a mistake of the addon maker not you Pappy.

well heres the thing with the longbow

its the BOH model, with helifreaks teaxtures, and BIS config

now if you can tell me how to fix that one hit one kill on the hellfire's i will be more then happy to do it

In order to create one-hit-one kill helfires you either need to create a new hellfire addon (that is essentially the same as the BIS model only with altered settings) and replace the BIS Hellfires in the config, or add the new Hellfire addon into the updated apac.pbo file.  If you know of anyone who makes addons, this shouldn't be difficult for them to do.  There is no 3-d modeling or texturing involved just tweaking properties...

Also about the guy who said just disable the ECP scripts to make the gamesave feature work... Doesn't that defeat the point of having an updated OFP with inhanced effects? I guess the only answer to this problem is to wait for the next ECP release, which is suppose to address these problems. Also I heard a rumor that the next ECP will have the improved night vision goggles that I have been begging for!

In order to create one-hit-one kill helfires you either need to create a new hellfire addon (that is essentially the same as the BIS model only with altered settings) and replace the BIS Hellfires in the config, or add the new Hellfire addon into the updated apac.pbo file.  If you know of anyone who makes addons, this shouldn't be difficult for them to do.  There is no 3-d modeling or texturing involved just tweaking properties...

thats me! im teh tweaker. how do you think this mod got so far tounge_o.gif

thats about all i can do really. is config tweaks. ill look into it. shouldnt be too difficult i would imagine

I love the super config mod. I tried the old CWC campaign last night and it was like playing a whole new game.... the only problem is that I can't load from saved games... oh well I'm sure ECP will fix this problem soon. Keep up the good work!

@Unhappy Customer

Any chances to download this fixed islands? Maybe send them to ofp.info.... Try to contact with someone that made them. About ECP, in my computer i have to turn off nearly all ECP effects becouse of lag. I have to buy strongest computer to play with them. I thing that this troubles with saves, are to big prices for nice explosion. If i even have better PC i woudnt use them...

I have advice to peaple that have lag in Y23k config. Turn off blood. Its very laggy ,especialy in huge combat. Before i turned off blood i coudn't play most missions. Now i can play even battlefieds with verry little lag.

@Pappy

how about changing default West crew, with BAS crew? Here you have screens of another Russian soldiers. But for me ORCS airborne are the best ones. Especialy new version with green camo. And their recon troops are perfect for spectanz....

@Unsatisatisfied customer

Any news about that islands changed by U? You FTP server?

I have advice to peaple that have lag in Y23k config. Turn off blood. Its very laggy ,especialy in huge combat. Before i turned off blood i coudn't play most missions. Now i can play even battlefieds with verry little lag.

@Pappy

how about changing default West crew, with BAS crew? Here you have screens of another Russian soldiers. But for me ORCS airborne are the best ones. Especialy new version with green camo. And their recon troops are perfect for spectanz....

@Unsatisatisfied customer

Any news about that islands changed by U? You FTP server?

you mean the BAS soar crew? i dont remember them making a tank crew crazy_o.gif

sdoc_02.jpg

im likeing this alterative. assuming i get enough "votes" to use these as russian infanty.

personaly i like it the way it is. less downloading hassel the units look half decent in game. so yea. but whatever you think

forgot to mention the AH64 Longbow has a neat lil case eject script (from boh) that i forgot i left on there.

i took the open door actions out cuz its pointless and it messed up the config the first time i tried to do it

i dont think i like those units as RU infantry, they are just BIS units retextured, the ones we have atm look the best.

Who cares? They're the newest.

Earl and Suchey's aren't normal units. Neither is the VDV pack.

You should add in the XM8.

i was thinkin about givin the piltos and tank crew back rifels. and assinging them the XM8 carbine. . .

but i fear the "it isnt in circulation yet" argument.

i like this idea. . . but this really isnt for me anymore heh. its for you all smile_o.gif so its up to you

PSSSSHT, not a valid arguement, the M4 is the standard weapon yet many U.S Army Platoons are left with M16A2's. AND THE FORMER WAS THE M16A4! We are going for the latest here, put in the M-8.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Anyway...

About the XM-8.... The US Government has a nasty habit of spending millions (sometimes billions) of dollars created highly advanced weapons... and then cancels them right before they enter service (a good example is the Commanche scout chopper which was recently axed by the Pentagon).  This is something to keep in mind before you concider including the XM-8 or the OICW.  Also if the military does go with the XM-8 and/or OICW, word on the street is that these weapons may be rechambered for the new 6.8mm SPC in place of the weak 5.56mm that is currently in use.  Barrett (makers of the famous M-82 .50cal sniper) is already making an M-4 carbine (officially named the M-468) that is chambered for the 6.8mm cartridge, and holds 25 rounds in a magazine.  Now you may think that it is a disadvantage to have 25 rounds instead of 30, but keep in mind that even with body armour, the 6.8mm is expected to take a person down in 1-2 shots instead of 2-4 for the 5.56mm.

FYI: another cool rifle Barrett is making is the XM-109 payload rifle.  It is a modified M-82 that is rechambered from .50 cal to 25mm!  It fires a 25mm anti-tank round... the purpose of this rifle is to quote "Engage and DESTROY ARMOURED TARGETS out to 2000 meters"..... I want one.  Magazine is said to hold 5 rounds.  Recoil supposedly is only slightly higher than a standard M-82 thanks to an improved muzzle brake.  It should be able to penetrate/disable/destroy light armour such as a BMP.  Also another new rifle which is entering service, the M-107, which is basically an improved M-82.  Military is said to be buying the M-107 in place of the M-82.

As for the updated Everon that I fixed.... All I need to do is get in contact with the original maker of this island, and ask his permission, then I will upload it to OFP CZ or OFPEC.  Also I was thinking about updating Malden with resistance trees/bushes, but there just don't seem to be enough mediteranian style trees/bushes in Nogova to make an updated Malden work.  Although I wonder if I could try adding some foliage from the Tonal island, or one of the Vietnam islands?  I'll do some experimenting in my free time and get back to you guys....  I'm kind of busy so don't expect a new Malden anytime soon....

Also I don't think pilots should have Carbines or rifles. At the most small submachine guns like an MP-5 or UZI. Another idea is to make the choppers carry a rifle or carbine in cargo, so that if you do have to crash land, you can grab a rifle from the storage compartment of your wrecked bird. Does the Longbow Apache carry Stingers? I guess I'll go play with it and find out.

i didnt add them in due to no stinger missel launcher modeled into the helo. uses default BIS weapontry with the case ejection script on the M230

i looked into the BAS soar crew being used as tank crew. they look surprsiingly. .realistic crazy_o.gif as soon as i tak to BAS and find out what the hidden slection name for the friggin airborne armpatch it i might include this change in the next version

personaly i think the M8 looks pretty decent for the tank crew

but its up to yall

And what about the black CH-47 that TJP made a while ago? It has the same textures than the one from BAS and with the BAS crew, it would be a nice change from the CH-47 from BIS.

Also, I think it would be great to include the sound (from BAS or the Bell 206 from Martin) that the turbine makes when the helo starts, I whish all helos in ofp had this sound.

Why not changed the scesnna with the textures of Silesian?

I'd personnally like to see all the Weapons replaced with the M-8 Series.

Also, Unhappy Customer, They canceled the Commanche because it costed too much money and wasn't a valid replacement for the Apache. The M-8 will NOT be canceled, as the Government plans on using it as a Carbine, much shorter than an M16 and more Reliable because EVERYONE knows an M16/M4 gets jammed easy in sand and water.

About the 6.8mm Cartridge: This is an Experimental bullet, It does have some deficiencies such as slower velocities and less distance. But this is irrelevant.

The M-8 is the next weapon for the U.S Army and possibly Marine Corps. It should replace the M16 in Y2K3.

Also, please....PLEASE don't give the armor crew Uzi's or SMG's, the Army doesn't use them, Armor Crew get M4's and Beretta's.

And what about the black CH-47 that TJP made a while ago? It has the same textures than the one from BAS and with the BAS crew, it would be a nice change from the CH-47 from BIS.

Also, I think it would be great to include the sound (from BAS or the Bell 206 from Martin) that the turbine makes when the helo starts, I whish all helos in ofp had this sound.

Why not  changed the scesnna with the textures of Silesian?

the CH47 is the ONLY bis mad vehical that looks decent.

big

ugly

shity green

thats the chinhook. ugly but functional. so im not chagin that one. . sorry blues.gif

cessna stays due to teh fact that if your using sis' reskined one. ..then you dont have the option now do ya? wink_o.gif i personaly like having a red and yellow versoin.

oo i know. i could replace it with my blue piper! biggrin_o.gif lol yall would kill me if i did that

M8 if used at all. will be assigned to west tank crews. pilots still only have a pistol

east would then get their AK's back.

its still under concideration and isnt final yet.

the use of the SOAR crew as tank crew has been tested and does look very nice. therefore once the airborn patch is removed form his arm (need the hidden selection code) then that will be in the next version

omg...so many new suggestions, i really hope you don´t loose track of your own work pappy. take it easy and don´t release to many versions, that´ll just confuse people wink_o.gif

personally i do not like the sdoc russians, imo sucheys naval infantry is still the best to the job- until rhs infantry pack is released.

in your replacementpbo.rar, what changes were done to the su25 and the vulcan ?

i already use sils ah-64 and won´t change it to boh-helifreaks one.

i guess g36.pbo is inquisitors and the bmp2 replacement is still by csla ?

About russian federation infantry in a short while RHS will be releasing a Motorized Infantry pack = current day regular infantry. Feel free to use them.

That Motorized Infantry pack looks real nice! I vote for it to replace the current russian infantry. But, keep the current weapons that you gave them. wink_o.gif

@Pappy

what do you thing about replacing current LST with Hawk Carrier?

@Mr Burns

Current Vulcan is made by Inquistor. Its completly diffrent than orginal. The only change i noticed in Su 25 is Russian Red star. For me Su 25 made by Silesian is better. And Appache now is black. Your choice. Why less new versions? More new versions = more testers = less bugs(they always will be, nobodys perfect). Am i wrong?