Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

found a FUNNY bug.

when playing a mission were you make a para drop with your team your team members/parachutes will explode and they are all dead. test it with the editor it works there too.

another little thing: texture bug with the Ural truck.

lie down and look at the bottom of the truck  WHITE (texture  

missing)

another little thing: you changed the Ak74 sights to earl7suchy ones biggrin_o.gif , but for the ak74 with grenades there is still the old one from INQs pack when choosen the grenade launcher

found a FUNNY bug.

when playing a mission were you make a para drop with your team your team members/parachutes will explode and they are all dead. test it with the editor it works there too.

another little thing: texture bug with the Ural truck.

lie down and look at the bottom of the truck  WHITE (texture  

missing)

LMAO that true.. LMAO BOOM ;HAHA biggrin_o.gif

Cann you make version with less scrpits? I cannot save in many missions, becouse i get this common save bug which occurs when to many scripst are in mission. When i remove some addons i can save in mission, but in editor i get many errors, i cant even place single infantry unit. Peaple, you dont have same problem that i have? And thanx for answer, config is working now without any problems.

Edit: Removing ECP addons solves problem, but i am not sure....

I get a no INQ SR 25 error message and all the troops are carrying the original BIS Weapons. Whats wrong?

i didnt even us the SR25 in this crazy_o.gif mabe try redownloading the INQ pack that i fixed? along with his SR25 rifel mabe i accidently added it to his weapon crate?

teh zil trucks. yes ive already considered it. thinking about replacing the resistance trucks with them as wel las the russian ammo and fuel

less scripts: no offense but i spent about 80% of my work on this thing gettin those damn things to finnaly work again. this is an ECP version. not an option sorry

exploding bodys: only happen when shot with M82, hit with a car, or inside a vehical when it explodes and i dont know about you but if im in a vehical when it explodes i dont think my body will be in one peice tounge_o.gif

parachute bug: i belive this to be an ECP problem. something about the parachut being clasified as a vehical. so when its "delete vehial" it explodes. . . no idea how to fix this. i noticed this problem too. but if u bail out of something it works. if ur "moved" into parachute ur fine. i dont get it

@ak74 with gp30. . . . yea its due to the "basic" sight for the nade launcher. not that big a deal but i can look into it for next release. id prolly have no sight at all for it since u cant aim with those things anyway.

@ changing the vulcan. you have no idea how much i would LOVE to do that. but the problem is i cant find the feckin thing. the model and stuff isnt defined in the config crazy_o.gif

unless. . . mabe it was a pbo added in later? rock.gif if so ill depbo and debin that and change that for next release.

about the AH64 dont get your hopes up too much im about to scrap the idea since it refuses to work right.

Pappy what about this bug?

"script scalar bool array string 0xfcffffefflies\flies_pause.sqs not found"

None of the effects from the effect pack work,they always give me this error

yeah i've this fu... bug too crazy_o.gif

it comes when I open fire on a tank...

please make a very good release

and thanks ! smile_o.gif

im in a good mood so im gonna skip fliping out this time since i explined it 8 frickin times

you get that error becuz you dont have the ecp_effects.pbo. you need that addon. it comes with the ECP core addons.

listen up everyone. you all need the ecp addons. all of the ecp addons. this is an Enchaned Configuration Project boost. this uses everything ecp does. im not answering that question anymore becuz this is the 8th time ive said it.

@pappy   can you give it a comment in the README that it is a changed EFFECTPACK.pbo just for the case that someone isn't happy about it.

well pappy .. I found the authors homepage and wrote him a mail. perhaps he understands it (I hope) and gives you permission to use it.

i mentioned it in the post but next release ill mention it in the readme. sorry i forgot that. it was late. but i did put it in the post and i apprecate your help on that ALOT. thank you smile_o.gif

@ the cammoed hind. . . . i gotta re d/l csla mod for the 18th time now. but ill try and find out which one it is.

Please make the Hind the regular camoed version, not the tiger striped "airshow" dito as now.

give me the name of which hind that is. hind A b c d e f g which one it is. ineed the name. and it has to be the one with the turret

what is causing this error:

"No entry 'OFPY2k3.bin/CfgVehicles/aamg/Turret.soundServo.'"

I am using the config.bin and don't have the OFPY2k3.cpp in the folder.

what is causing this error:

"No entry 'OFPY2k3.bin/CfgVehicles/aamg/Turret.soundServo.'"

I am using the config.bin and don't have the OFPY2k3.cpp in the folder.

third party addon. possibly the aamg addon tounge_o.gif usualy happens when soemthing is out of place in an addons config. i get a simaler error on extractions helos. nutin u can do about it

"@ changing the vulcan. you have no idea how much i would LOVE to do that. but the problem is i cant find the feckin thing. the model and stuff isnt defined in the config unless. . . mabe it was a pbo added in later?   if so ill depbo and debin that and change that for next release"

There is a "vulcan.pbo" in my addons folder. Could that be what you are referring to?

"@ changing the vulcan. you have no idea how much i would LOVE to do that. but the problem is i cant find the feckin thing. the model and stuff isnt defined in the config unless. . . mabe it was a pbo added in later?   if so ill depbo and debin that and change that for next release"

There is a "vulcan.pbo" in my addons folder. Could that be what you are referring to?

oo no wonder i couldnt find it in the config wow_o.gif ill change that later

@PAPPY:

Russian green camo Mi-24 is defined as replacement of mi24 in CSLA config. It is "CSLA2_hind.p3d" model.

The new Wargamer's pack 4.0 has updated night vision goggles.  They have a wider field of view, and all the crappy 1980's era NVG static is gone.  It makes a world of difference on night missions.  Perhaps you could "reverse engineer" the Wargamer's pack and "borrow" their modernize Night Vision Goggles....

Also even though I like the new M-24 replacing the M-21, I kind of miss the M-21, and it would be cool if you could keep the default sniper as the M-24, but I still want to have the option of placing an M-21 sniper in the mission editor. I.E. Keep the M-24, but still be able to place an "M-21 Sniper" in the mission editor, under West / Men.

Ok I have now got the INQ Weapons to work. But now all the BIS soldiers have:

script missing \OFPEC_Blood\blood_init.sqs

sorry for being critical but those geysers of blood that spray out like a fountain from exploding bodies is beyond hollywood. the explosions are okay but is it possible to tone down the 50 ft high red spurts?

Quote[/b] ]you get that error becuz you dont have the ecp_effects.pbo. you need that addon. it comes with the ECP core addons.

sorry but I already have it ! crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

and it doesn't work !!!!!! ghostface.gif

@ triumph  hehehe well well the blood fountain. it only happens with really big explosions and when playing OFP it won't happen often at all. but if you want, try to change it.

i tried it when i changed the whole thing, because I don't like this high flying parts too.

... ok I'm free for today perhaps I can figure it out too.

i realiized that there is only one part from every exploding soldier that flies soooooooo high. hm I'll try do change it again.

I DON'T GET IT I have no idea how to change that for that my knowledge about scripting is far to low.

but try it yourself if you want de-pbo the effectpack.pbo.

in the folder skelet you will find the .sqs files (KRANTY/KRANTYMAN).

the original pack can be found at the authors homepage: http://www.vitja3000.nm.ru/

Thanks for the headsup on the Mi-24 Maa. smile_o.gif

no problem, I'm ready for little helping to everyone smile_o.gif

@pappy hope it is ok that I post this: little change in your config

found something: why are you using OFPEC_Blood addon, when ECP_blood comes with ecp. and well it is more or less the same and it works (changed your config). or take ECP_blood and rename it to ofpec_blood ..works too.

UPS sry ECP_BLEEDING problem. hm

@triumph and all those who don't like the EXPLOSING BODY effect.

open the file OFPY2K3.cpp (with texteditor) that comes with pappys SUPERCONFIG, than search for the word EFFECTPACK.

you will find it 4 times rock.gif I think.

then delet exactly this:       [_this select 0] exec ""\effectpack\skelet\initman.sqs"";    (do not delet the " at the begining but delet the ; in the end.

then use the prog CCP2BIN  (http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=utilities     version 1.2)

and make a bin out of the cpp ... rename it into config and replace the originla config by pappy.

now OFP works with PAPPYS wonderfull config but without the EXPLODING BODY Effect.

@M21: "removeallweapons this; this addweapon "m21"; this addmagazine "m21";

the gun is still there for editor purposes. jsut equip a sniper with it like that

@wgl nvg: INQ's nvg is much better then anything out there. and id replace it with that except both wgl and bis have their model in the data.pbo so u need to change the data.pbo and data3d.pbo for that change to take place.

@hind: thanks maa will change that later i got to work totady so ill release somethin tomorrow

@ofpec blood: becuz i thought ECP used the ofpec blood addon with only a dying when bleeding script which i absolutly hate. name me the script patch to the ECP blood squirt.sqs and it can be arranged. like i said i need to manualy insert these scripts becuz ECP init refuses to work

welp i gtg to work now ill be back in about 9 hours and work on these changes then