Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

@triumph: make sure u have the boh addon from the misc pack. the AH1 textures are from there

@the wolf: most of these bugs are either unfixable or unknown. theres no such thing as a bugless addon or mod. even BAS and DKM have buged addons. im doin the best i can with what i got

Be nice to see WGL compatibility added in sometime.

I know WGL are currently working on a fix for v4 so maybe once that comes out smile_o.gif

Be nice to see WGL compatibility added in sometime.

I know WGL are currently working on a fix for v4 so maybe once that comes out smile_o.gif

considered it but read entirely too many complaints about that mod the "rubber bullets" the bad armor changes. and like i said id like to keep this MP compatable as possible. . . but if u want to combin the effects yourself i cna unbin their config for u and set it up with al the nessacary defines for u to be able to work on it.

the AH64 is near completion. 2 minor bugs to work out of it now. . . once its released updates on the mod will be finished. and the project is a public work. . any further changes that you would like to see will be done via your own changes. just credit me with the orginal setup and the project is all yours. . . after the AH64 ill see if my assisacte can fix the lack of ECP effcts. . . thats the last thing id like to do

Don't mess with your ammunition values or dispersion or whatever else. Definitely easier to stick with the default BIS stuff or JAM than it is to do the research, setup the configs, and then try to convince naysayers that it's far more realistic. Hell look at us, we have dozens of people to back us up including a cadre of US Marines (past and present), US Army (past and present), government contractors, and civilian researchers backing up the WG configs yet there's still some people who don't go for it. To each their own I guess.

hey nice thing this SUPERconfig.

and that are really the best ADDONS choosen for it.

but. I have a problem: it always tells me this:

Script \OFPEC_Blodd\blood_init.sqs not found

and how this error says. there are no ECP blood effects on the units. I use ECP 1.071. does the config work with this version rock.gif

perhaps anyone has any ideas. thx benus

I've a message error when I open fire on a tank before that it destroy it give me a message error with many numbers !! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

hey nice thing this SUPERconfig.

and that are really the best ADDONS choosen for it.

but. I have a problem: it always tells me this:

Script \OFPEC_Blodd\blood_init.sqs not found

and how this error says. there are no ECP blood effects on the units. I use ECP 1.071. does the config work with this version rock.gif

perhaps anyone has any ideas. thx benus

once again. you need the ofpec blood addon. theres a download link in the list of addons

wolf: ill look into the tank thing but i havnt experianced this before crazy_o.gif

lol..let pappy have at least 5 mins with freedom tounge_o.gif hes working hes ass off

sry. didn't want to make you angry

but I had the addon list from atwar.com and couldn't find the OFPEC blood addon in the list.

BUT really THIS IS THE PERFECT CONFIG. thx a lot for your work.

2 questions: the exploding bodies.from effect pack from the russian guy .so the comments regaurding his effects should be directed toward him.

is there any change to disable it in an easy way (config change rock.gif)

and you said some posts before: there are problems with ecp effects. for me most things work fine. only the timed grenades won't work. is this one of this problems? or is there any chance to change it yet. thx

Hi pappy. I managed to solve the problem with the loads. I just reverted the campaign to the begining of the mission and saved using the new config. It worked like a charm smile_o.gif

Now I have a little question for you. Is the BIS blackhawk replaced by the BAS one?? Because during the missions with it in 1985 campaign the blackhawk is the original from BIS, not the BAS one. Is that a problem with the config?

PS.: The Cobra, Hind and Mi16 works fine. (all replaced by new versions)

Thanks in advance.

@netwalker   only the blackhawk with the MG was replaced. (as far as I know)

@pappy hey what you said about the effectspack and those body explosions. can you perhaps give me the name of the author,  because at the moment I am changing some .sqs for my personal use, but if you or someone else is interessted.

well it makes this effect a bit more realistic.

well I finsihed changing the EXPLODING BODY effect now. and it works rellay good for me. i changed the color so it is close to the ecp/ofpec_blood color. the radius the limbs can fly is much smaller (depends on the explosion)... and the blood fountain isn't as big as one soldier anymore. well it looks according to the effects OFP offers ...well realistic.

Is the rpg-7 used in this config better than kegety's version?

@netwalker   only the blackhawk with the MG was replaced. (as far as I know)

@pappy hey what you said about the effectspack and those body explosions. can you perhaps give me the name of the author,  because at the moment I am changing some .sqs for my personal use, but if you or someone else is interessted.

well it makes this effect a bit more realistic.

well I finsihed changing the EXPLODING BODY effect now. and it works rellay good for me. i changed the color so it is close to the ecp/ofpec_blood color. the radius the limbs can fly is much smaller (depends on the explosion)... and the blood fountain isn't as big as one soldier anymore. well it looks according to the effects OFP offers ...well realistic.

@ benus: by all means hook me up with this updated pbo file and ill put it in the downloads pack (with the config) the author is some russian guy so its most likely he wont understand ur email anyway tounge_o.gif we'll just say "modified effects pack"

@ triumph kegs rpg7 is that of the poor ass back street livin in boxs type country. the rpg used is that of the rni from suchy/earl. a more modern rpg. althou the name remains the same in the editor/on screen due to the fact i got better things to worry about then messin with renamin weapons in the config. . . OFP dont like that too much. changin the LAW to an M136 was hell enough crazy_o.gif

hell when I open fire on a csla's bmp 1 or bmp 2 it give me a message error before it destroy,pappy try by yourself and you'll see it !!!!!

hell what's this problem crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

salam frero kabil merci pour le message laissé sous sjb sous gamezone

@pappy   finished changes of the effectpack (body explosions/ .pbo still contains all effects) now.  i only need your e-mail adr. I made a rar with .pbo, small mission and readme. 1,2 mb

one question: *US Soldier -> HYK soldier

(M16 and M4 optics replaced with suchy & earls USMC ones)

why aren't you using suchy & earls ones for the RUSSIANS too? They look much better !

found a little mistake: when using a RESTISTANCE T72 or T80 the crew members are Russian Crew units.

I have many bugs to signal to pappy !

but before to everybody,excuse me for my very bad english

at first, the m113 have vietnam crew

the t80 and t72 in the resistance camp look like russian tanks and with RUSSIAN crew crazy_o.gif

when I open fire with a law or with tank on another tank I have a long message error ...

explosion effects don't work on bmps(csla) (1 and 2)

sorry pappy but I don't know how did kurayami does to save ecp effects because your config have no ecp effects... crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Please help !

I have many bugs to signal to pappy !

but before to everybody,excuse me for my very bad english

at first, the m113 have vietnam crew

the t80 and t72 in the resistance camp look like russian tanks and with RUSSIAN crew  crazy_o.gif

when I open fire with a law or with tank on another tank I have a long message error ...

explosion effects don't work on bmps(csla) (1 and 2)

sorry pappy but I don't know how did kurayami does to save ecp effects because your config have no ecp effects... crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Please help !

the M113s have normal crews

i didnt change the resistance tanks

no idea what the law error would be never seen it

bmp1 and 2 exlode nicely on my pc

i got the ecp blood, plane/helo smoke, the tail rotor failure, buzzin flys ecp effects.

edit: looked at the resistance tanks. . . no idea how to fix that crazy_o.gif

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I get this error.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Script \OFPEC_Blood\blood-init.sqs not found

This doesnt happen in the intros though...

I have NO Explosions at all, NONE, can you help me out with this Paddy?

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I get this error.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Script \OFPEC_Blood\blood-init.sqs not found

This doesnt happen in the intros though...

a million times this has been answerd. you need the ofpect blood addon and the link is in the list of addons

@explosions: make sure u have ECP and gmr addons.

Well Pappy, I bet you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into  wow_o.gif  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

ok I'll try again with your config and I hope god that I'll have no bug ! crazy_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

good job pappy

Well Pappy, I bet you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into  wow_o.gif  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

understatment of the year

Ummm...the OFPY2K3 link on the first post doesn't work...neither do any of the "recommended but not needed" download links. It'd be nice if you could put all of these together into 1 or a few different packs instead of having us to click and click and click.