Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

I have a question, maybe stupid. How can i modify your config.bin, if i want add there addons choosed by me? I know that i can unpack it with pbo decryptor 1.3. But when i modify it, and try to pack with "cpp2bin" an error apper. Something like "destronyfriendly noexperience". I remove that line, and try again. Then another error, appear. I noticed that cause of error is number 429496, so i remove this number from file using "change" command. After that, packing file to bin is completed without any errors. But when i play game, soldiers cant move... Sorry for gramatic mistakes...

Well Pappy, I bet you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into wow_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

understatment of the year

LOL, Hopefully this will all pay off when this becomes the most widely used config. wink_o.gif

I have a question, maybe stupid. How can i modify your config.bin, if i want add there addons choosed by me? I know that i can unpack it with pbo decryptor 1.3. But when i modify it, and try to pack with "cpp2bin" an error apper. Something like "destronyfriendly noexperience". I remove that line, and try again. Then another error, appear. I noticed that cause of error is number 429496, so i remove this number from file using "change" command. After that, packing file to bin is completed without any errors. But when i play game, soldiers cant move... Sorry for gramatic mistakes...

download link is the regular one. theres no more 21vb chute version. pissed me off too much

download my config. in the rar is OFPY2K3.cpp that is an editable up to date version of my config. editiable by all and re-bin-able.

Thanks for answer, i am ashamed that i dont noticed it. BTW Great work, one of the best OPF modification ever made! If only resistance tanks woud have russian crew it would be wonderfull! Are You planning any updates? I suggest you replace russian specnaz with ORCS Airborne, russian soldiers, with LSR Naval infatry, Appache with one made by BOH and resitance soldiers by this from VITAPC pack. But rest of units is ideal..

Thanks for answer, i am ashamed that i dont noticed it. BTW Great work, one of the best OPF modification ever made! If only resistance tanks woud have russian crew it would be wonderfull! Are You planning any updates? I suggest you replace russian specnaz with ORCS Airborne, russian soldiers, with LSR Naval infatry, Appache with one made by BOH and resitance soldiers by this from VITAPC pack. But rest of units is ideal..

got the apache done cept got a lil pilot/gunner proxy problem where thier not sitting in teh actualy seat. . . i cant figure it out

i have no clue why res tanks have russian crews. i didnt modify that. heck i even left the default resistance tank crew solders the default BIS modeli figured out why the resistance tanks use the new modesl. its cuz they were merely BIS ones with hidden selections. . . and since i cant get inthere to edit model paths. . .im SOL

download link is the regular one. theres no more 21vb chute version. pissed me off too much

download my config. in the rar is OFPY2K3.cpp that is an editable up to date version of my config. editiable by all and re-bin-able.

I have another problem. When i pack your .cpp from the zip, and put in to ECP bin folder, OFP after loading crash on the deskop. If i put there bin from the zip, there is no problems exept that somethimes i get "flie.sqs missing script" or something like that. I am using cpp2bin. Maybe its wrong program... What do You use to pack your cpp to bin?

Edit: Sometimes it crash, sometimes it dont crash, its randomly....

can u please replace csla BMPs with other from wargamez for example cause those from csla realy suck. they looks like from 1960 but from waste plant and have really low precision with rockets.

I have another problem. When i pack your .cpp from the zip, and put in to ECP bin folder, OFP after loading crash on the deskop. If i put there bin from the zip, there is no problems exept that somethimes i get "flie.sqs missing script" or something like that. I am using cpp2bin. Maybe its wrong program... What do You use to pack your cpp to bin?

Edit: Sometimes it crash, sometimes it dont crash, its randomly....

make sure you name it config and remember the changes you make can cuase it to crash to. so yea if its crashin tahts cuz of your changes. i make teh config.bin from that and place both in the zip unedited form teh point of binning

What about some changes to the sniper? Remove the M82A1. It's not even on full deployment yet.

What about some changes to the sniper? Remove the M82A1. It's not even on full deployment yet.

cuz i like big guns got damnit! tounge_o.gif

ok ok fine you have a point its not the ost widely used rifel. but its cool! *|crys|* lol i updated it. but i kept the M82 :P only made a special unit just for him

changed:

US Sniper equiped with-

M24SWS with 8 mags for it

Colt M1911

NVG

Added:

US Sniper M82 west/men/ Sniper (Anti-Material)

M82 Anti-material Rifel

Colt M1911

NVG

effects pack updated by benus  included in the file too

accidently found out the "AI join player" thing from ECP still works. which surprised me cuz its the first time that ive ever seen it lol. but i tested it a couple times and it works. so um go me?  biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

AK74 and PK sights changed to suchy/earl

AK47 sights left as INQ's

new file uploaded

Grab It Here

SORRY pappy but only one bug always's surviving !!! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

the vietnam crew in the m113

and the tank when it destroy...

i don't understand why ...give me just suggestions

here's the bug when i open fire on any tank

script scalar bool array string 0xfcffffefflies\flies_pause.sqs not found

please help pappy ! crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

I have few good suggestions for the next config ... smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

the rpg isn't realistic with the rocket inside the tube,I think that it'll be better if you try to put it outside the launcher...

and change the rpg's (BIS)optic with the suchy and earls's one...it'll be more than realistic...

add a script for the spetsnatz to can explose the bomb by their self

the M2a2 have 2 options in the menu like the inquisistor m113 (=>lower troop ramp and the erect trim van) I think that it 'll be better if you remove it... wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

and for the ak74gp25 you've done the suchey and earl's optic for the ak but not for the gp25... wink_o.gif

and what about inquisistor nvg?

and my bug please can you tell me how can i remove it?

I have few good suggestions for the next config ... smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

the rpg isn't realistic with the rocket inside the tube,I think that it'll be better if you try to put it outside the launcher...

and change the rpg's (BIS)optic with the suchy and earls's one...it'll be more than realistic...

add a script for the spetsnatz to can explose the bomb by their self

the M2a2 have 2 options in the menu like the inquisistor m113 (=>lower troop ramp and the erect trim van) I think that it 'll be better if you remove it... wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

and for the ak74gp25 you've done the suchey and earl's optic for the ak but not for the gp25...  wink_o.gif

and what about inquisistor nvg?

and my bug please can you tell me how can i remove it?

will look into the RPG optic.

cant change the tube thing. thats due to model special and the retards at BIS who classed the RPG as a law so u cant add in the speical effects without FUBARing the law

no scripting needed. jsut depbo the campaign theres a mission in there with a trigger to blow up those bombs

M2A2 im not fixin til rudedog releases his, cuz im gonna replace that too

not doin optics for it. mainly cuz they dont do anything anyway

tried changin the nvgs via config and it got messed up. so u need to do that manualy

your bug. the fly pause. you need the ECP effects.pbo from ECP. you need the ENTIRE ecp mod. ever pbo. all of them

Please make the Hind the regular camoed version, not the tiger striped "airshow" dito as now.

ok...

but what about the vulcan?

you can change the model to the inquisistor vulcan like the m113  rock.gif  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

I think that you can 100 times better the next config...with wgl effects ? why not ?? wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif because wgl effects are very good... smile_o.gif

and this bug how can I remove it crazy_o.gif

it comes when I open fire on a tank...

Quote[/b] ]script scalar bool array string 0xfcffffefflies\flies_pause.sqs not found

I'm glad you substituted the m82 with the m24, it got a little ridiculous on one of the sniper missions when about 50 enemies got completely vaporized, with splotches of red and bits of bone all over the map.  crazy_o.gif

BTW, is it possible to turn off that exploding body effect? I find it to be unrealistic and I get strange red swirls coming out of the ground sometimes.

@triumph

BTW, is it possible to turn off that exploding body effect? I find it to be unrealistic and I get strange red swirls coming out of the ground sometimes.

well this isn't the original EXPLODING BODY effect anymore.

It is a changed one and looks much more realistic than the original one.

"red swirls coming out of the ground sometimes": I don't know why it happens. I found that bug too after changing this effect, but I'm not sure if it is because of my changes or if it happend with the original too.  but for me this problem doesn't show up very often (but if it happens once on one body, it will be there with other exploded bodies I think, SAVE and LOAD the mission: that could help).

@pappy   can you give it a comment in the README that it is a changed EFFECTPACK.pbo just for the case that someone isn't happy about it.

well pappy .. I found the authors homepage and wrote him a mail. perhaps he understands it (I hope) and gives you permission to use it.

I'm sure that pappy boyinghton will make a very good config realistic and without bugs with new things !!

he've made a good work and he can do more better ! wink_o.gif

good luck !

all french and arabic people from my forum encourage you and kurayami