Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

@Pappy

what do you thing about replacing current LST with Hawk Carrier?

@Mr Burns

Current Vulcan is made by Inquistor. Its completly diffrent than orginal. The only change i noticed in Su 25 is Russian Red star. For me Su 25 made by Silesian is better. And Appache now is black. Your choice. Why less new versions? More new versions = more testers = less bugs(they always will be, nobodys perfect). Am i wrong?

@ hawks Carrier: nope. a supply ship doesnt compare to an aircraft carrier

Su25: the one by inq (has better interior textures)

Vulcan: INQ's

G36a: inq's

BMP2: csla

AH64: is the AH64D Longbow using helifreaks textures (which technicly speaking is sisealins textures thier only darkened.

Edit: the BAS soarcrew as tank crew. as long as you arent too picky about it works. just i cfant get rid of the airborne patch on the shoulder which is barely noticeable anyway.

Hey pappy is there anyway that I can send you the updated Everon and Kulgujev wrp files?  If you really want to update the old CWC OFP then these improved islands are a must have. Is there anyway you can give me your e-mail or something in a private message so that I can send them to you?

Edit: the BAS soarcrew as tank crew. as long as you arent too picky about it works. just i cfant get rid of the airborne patch on the shoulder which is barely noticeable anyway.

If someone is really desperate about that "airborne" sing, he can always change it with another texture. File is in bas_soar.pbo in folder "ptd". Texture name is "apatch.paa". Of course its possible with ODOL explorer make new model of BAS SOAR CREW without this sing...

Whats about that AH64D?

Is it the BOH one or has someone finally made a "single addon" of the AH64D?

MfG Lee rock.gif

Whats about that AH64D?

Is it the BOH one or has someone finally made a "single addon" of the AH64D?

MfG Lee rock.gif

BOH model with heli freak textures

map function doesnt work

but it is "standalone" meaning it doesnt require the BOH pbo

the config is in cpp format so feel free to rename parts of it to make it standalone

This question is probably more for INQ than anyone else.  It is my understanding that the G-36 and XM-8 have two gunsights built into the carry handle.  One sight is a longer range 3 or 4 zoom I think, and I think that the other gunsight is a no zoom reflex sight for close in work.  My question is this.  Is it possible to have the scope view when the rifle is set to semi-auto (for long range work), and have the reflex view gunsight when the rifle is set to burst or auto (for close in work).  I thought this would be possible because of the M-203 which has a normal m-16 gunsight when set to semi or burst, and then has a grenade sight view when set to grenade.  Anyway I was just wondering if it's possible, and if it is, someone should forward this info to INQ.

Oh and also I compressed the updated Everon and Kulgujev into a rar file. The file is 3.67megs. I should be able to e-mail it if anyone wants it.

i PMed you.

ill include the islands in the replacmentpbo.rar file

will be updateing the OFPy2k3.rar file soon as well mabe tonight along with a new release

cogcobra.jpg

BOH pbo will no longer be needed as i like this AH1 instead  smile_o.gif

XM8 will be put off a release or two until im absolutly sure that 99% of yall want the US tank crews to have it

for now the tank crews east and west will receive thier rifels back

Edit: it might be possible. but that would require editing of the weapons pack and yea. . way too much work tounge_o.gif actuaoy the uploading and forcing yall to downlaod a 25 meg pack would be wrong of me

oh and yall have 4 hours to reply to this one:

what do you think about giving the Machine Gunner an M249 from suchy and earl instead of the M60?

PK ammo would be increased to 200 rounds to be fair. but i fear it may prove to be an unfair advantage in MP.

change it or not? yall got 4 hours to get back to me on it

Give them an M240, it is the Official replacement for the M60.

oh and yall have 4 hours to reply to this one:

what do you think about giving the Machine Gunner an M249 from suchy and earl instead of the M60?

I think its time to retire "the pig" and switch to the 249 SAW. I don't really like INQ's m60 and it sounds more like an automatic paintball gun than a machine gun.

Although the chinook is rarely used I still think it should be changed 'cause the BIS one is more than ugly - the textures are drab and washed out.

@Pappy

If i were you, i woud stay with M60. Another option is M240 with 100 ammo. Gunners will be to powerfull in some missions. Considerable is making 2 configs, one for SP and one for MP. I allso advise you to give grenadiers less ammo. 24 is definitly to many. When i was playing battlefields with your config,( as grenadier) i managed to destroy most of Russian forces ALONE, becouse of good using grenade launcer. Abrams and Bradley survive. I advise you put 6 grenades in vest, maybe 8....

Give them an M240, it is the Official replacement for the M60.

i dont like the BAS 240 (only one out there)

@triumph

the M60 sound is spot on according tomy buddy Lee who carried the M60 for 4 years in the US Army blues.gif

ok people

i need you all to have just a lil tiny bit of imagination here with me on this one

the UH60 (with ffar) is going to be replaced with the UH-60G (the grey pavehawk from BAS)

with the minigun. . . and ffars. (they kinda shoot from above the cockpit)

the ffar's are left in due to mp compatability. and campaign compatability.

im doing this becuz i want a brand new model and texture to replace it. so im gonna need you all to have just a tiny bit of imagination for that

PS: i might bring back the MH60G pavehawk in euro camo for the UH60MG one because

A: had a few requests for that

B: it adds more color to the whole experiance

@Pappy

If i were you, i woud stay with M60. Another option is M240 with 100 ammo. Gunners will be to powerfull in some missions. Considerable is making 2 configs, one for SP and one for MP. I allso advise you to give grenadiers less ammo. 24 is definitly to many. When i was playing battlefields with your config,( as grenadier) i managed to destroy most of Russian forces ALONE, becouse of good using grenade launcer. Abrams and Bradley survive. I advise you put 6 grenades in vest, maybe 8....

thats the suchy&earl vest i cant touch it (due to copyright stuff)

besides its nice having that many. unclesam.gif

considered an SP and MP version but then cheaters may download the SP version and play online and ruin the whole experiance. so i turned that idea down and decided to go for a 99% mp compatable config such as this

Current Blakhawk is OK. Why changing it? If want new colours do like you said: change BAS Uh-60(there is some problems with gun), with Pavehawk....

Current Blakhawk is OK. Why changing it? If want new colours do like you said: change BAS Uh-60(there is some problems with gun), with Pavehawk....

im aware of this gunproblem and i seem to have it with all helos. i cant figure out why it does that. no matter what number i put in there for the axis

and why change it? cuz the UH60 model and textures suck default

BIS model sucks

so i need something to replace it all together. alot of you told me replace it and forget the rockets. i figure at least keep game compatability

@Pappy

ok i lied i found a decent M240. requires 2 extra megs thou (its a 2 meg mg pack. . . i could edit it to have only the M240 but yea tiawan workshop would kill me tounge_o.gif )

usmg_pack_3.jpg

(bottom one)

or we stick with our current addons and use suchy and earls M249

Is this from "Taiwan workshop"?

If yes, there is V2.0 available.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3664

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/usmg_20.zip

MfG Lee

yes i know. but thier 2.0 versoin didnt have a hosted screenshot tounge_o.gif

for the record id like to state i would prefer the use of the suchy&earl M249

ok i lied i found a decent M240. requires 2 extra megs thou (its a 2 meg mg pack. . . i could edit it to have only the M240 but yea tiawan workshop would kill me  tounge_o.gif )

(bottom one)

2 MB that isnt many. I woud vote to use this M240 instead old M60. Or at least change sound of INQ M60. What do you thing about replacing Earl and Suechs GL with INQ? His GL have only 6 grenades.

for the record id like to state i would prefer the use of the suchy&earl M249

I know it is a bit dangerous to say that here at the forum, but if you use it, please "delete" that highly unrealistic recoil values.

I don't want a gun, that you can shoot full auto from standing position and hit 200 rounds at a place not larger than ~5cm.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

@ grenades: i edited the BIS ones to only take one slot. so i can jsut as easily assign the soldier 6 "grenades" but its more fun having the vest

whatever thou its up to yall

ok i lied i found a decent M240. requires 2 extra megs thou (its a 2 meg mg pack. . . i could edit it to have only the M240 but yea tiawan workshop would kill me tounge_o.gif )

(bottom one)

2 MB that isnt many. I woud vote to use this M240 instead old M60. Or at least change sound of INQ M60. What do you thing about replacing Earl and Suechs GL with INQ? His GL have only 6 grenades.

ditto, The Taiwan Workshop (strangely ironic name...) has a great M240B in their pack. I vote for this one.

What do you thing about replacing def BIS pilots with that one that come with new Cobra (this from screen that you showed us)?

BAS Soar pilots(that ones, wchich use in Appache, and UH-s) have M4. How about changing original UAZ with Kamaz? And original Civilians with that one made by Singapure defence forces? So many ideas....:D

Edit: Are you sure with this new cobra? I compared how this Cobras look in game, and BOH one rather win in this compedition. It has better textures, nicer camo and new model. I am not sure, but it seems that this "new" cobra is only BIS retextured model....

Edit2: I tested this m240 and i am surprised. When i was watching screens, i was expceted something great. But 240 from this pack is just ugly:(. Other guns are OK, but INQ made better ones. On the other hand they have nice sounds. So if you want to do something with machineguns, change sound for M60. Or change machinegun to INQ_M249. Or leave M60 with new sound, and create new class of soldier wchich will be M249 machinegunner...

There is here link to TAIWAN WORKSHOP site.

US MG Pack No 2 had on Taiwans' Workshop site this pic :

usmg249.jpg

>>> but there are in this pack two versions M240 too (iron sight and optic) >>> iron sight version:

M240for.jpg

fighter

smile_o.gif