Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

second get food (rather be eating pussy but ill settle for a fish sammich with fries)  tounge_o.gif

LMAO

OT. looking forwards to the Bradleys in game biggrin_o.gif

re-binning the configs.

changes so theres no missing addons error wihtthe bradly. also the amo crates and vehicals now have RPG7, RPG16, Jam_at4 and INQ m24 ammo for thier respective sides

will update the 1st page and my site as usual. you will need replacmentpbo.rar and the config of your choice WHEN READY

ill let you know when (will be tonight)

alright config and replacmentpbo updated. download links on page one of this post have been removed. but are however on my site underdownloads section

and if for whatever reason you live in a cave and didnt catch the M2A2 release. the download link is ALSO on my site tounge_o.gif

OFP: Y2K3 Site

Needed for release 4.4:

*Rudedogs Bradly Pack

*Config.bin (of your choice)

*replacmentpbo.rar (contains m2a2.pbo)

Note:

*M2A2ODS in nato camo is now the current OFP bradly vehical.

*Name changed in editor to M2A2ODS IFV

*some scripts and animations retained

--Random Numbers script refuses to work. im sorry ive tried everything.

--recoil on main gun works. and so do the otehrs afik. if they dont i cant resolve the problem and i applogize

*speed increased from default 35 to 66

*armor increased from 200 to 400 as rudedogs config states.

--this will give an unfair advantage in mp but at this point afik my users are good, honest players and wouldnt cheat anyway. so i fear this wont be a problem. besides ive noted that the "majority" settings are the default. so if 3 have a normal config. the bradly has normal settings

Edit: if you would kindly excuse my i have some seahawks to work on smile_o.gif

BUG! On the New bradley, the gunner and driver stick out of the bottom, and the Bradley acts like INQ's M113

BUG! On the New bradley, the gunner and driver stick out of the bottom, and the Bradley acts like INQ's M113

hmm ill look into it right away

hmm ill look into it right away

Thanks Pappy.

problem solved:

its on your end

you seem to have 2 different BIS type M2A2's in your addons folder (one in each folder perhaps)

Facts to support this:

you claim it acts like INQ's M113.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles: All{};

class static: All {};

class building: static {};

class strategic: building {};

class Land: AllVehicles{};

class LandVehicle: Land{};

class Tank: LandVehicle{};

class APC: Tank{};

class M2Base: APC

class Bradley: M2Base

the default M2A2 is classed as an M113. in my change i classed it as an APC (2 completly different classes) therefore no M113 effects should carry over

2: gunner and driver animatoin problems-

i replaced all the default BIS M2A2 animations with rudedogs animations (only renamed them to the BIS orginal name to overwrite them)

which means that you have 2 M2A2.pbo files in 2 different folders (perhaps one in res one in normal) and the game is reading both and combining both. it does that sometimes. had the same problem with the INQ weapon pack once

Wait, I did what you said, but it still does exactly the same thing....and another curious thing is that whan you get in the bradley from behind you are below the chair, not completely, just a little bit. This happens with all my Bradley replacements except for Rudedogs.

Wait, I did what you said, but it still does exactly the same thing....and another curious thing is that whan you get in the bradley from behind you are below the chair, not completely, just a little bit. This happens with all my Bradley replacements except for Rudedogs.

well when i experianced this problem before release i noted that the "below proxy" problems were due to the animations which i then replaced with the ones rudedog made. check all your mod folders make sure you dont have a second M2A2.pbo

thats the only thing i can figure out here. becuz on my side it works perfect. mabe try moving it to your regular Addons folder

Edit2: you said 'all my bradly replacments' that means you have more then one in your folder correct? take out ALL replacments except for rudedog's and my M2A2 replacment

then try

also in the next update (later on)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3375

say hello to the new East MG ^

Edit: uploading change now for the east  MG replaced by Kord

Pappy, Americans have now very strong APC, that can stand one shoot from RPG wihout any problem. How about replacing Russian Bmp2 with PSC BTR-T. It woud ballance back west and east....

because that would mess with the mp compatability im tryin to keep  smile_o.gif im only replacing some models for better ones. and others with jsut retex's. i cant make a giant leap form a shilka to a tiwn gun 8 barrel missel launcher. or an armored APC with large gun to a small apc with mg.

no offense. i apprcate the ideas and suggestions but im maintinaing a ballence with the current vehicals by replacing them with better looking versions of themselves or in the kords place i replaced the entire model/weapon due to the said complaints.

ok taking a break from this mod as i have just decided to overwhelm myself with other projects.

in helping extraction with his seahawks and jawhawks. . . i have decided that since i really enjoy the USCG Jayhawk that we need a cutter too. so in recent discovery the RAN FCPB is almost exactly the same as the USCGC WPB-110. so as soon as i get a buddy with o2 who wouldnt mind applying some textures for me. im gonna retexture (and release with permission) the USCGC Block Island so we have a USCG vessle. and who knows if i get gutsy i might even ask trenchfeet if its ok if i get someone to modify his destoryer model i got and make that into a cutter with helipad smile_o.gif (sorry im on a USCG binge now)

Hi! just downloaded the latest config and addons for it.Only one problem this time--no entryOFPK2K3NXB.bin/cfgWeapons.KORD please could you help

Yet another question, do i put the bis replacement addons in the operation flashpoint addons folder or res addons addons folder or both? It's just that i have put them in both addons folders and now i am geting no entry blaa blaa when i play the normal cwc or res games

I get a error when I shall play with machin gunner .. get modelspecial error sad_o.gif just as u know smile_o.gif

this is a bit embarrising to ask bout whole the time tounge_o.gif

but have u found out what the Magic error is ? blues.gif

Figured out the problem, this is not compatible with WGL, because it's Bradley conflicts with the M2A2.pbo, causing it to mix them.

-edit-

Also, you should replace (in the config) the groups that use an M113 and make it a M2A2, It works just the same way.

do you know which addon the missing file "BAS_GAU2B" comes from? (I'm guessing its a BAS addon  smile_o.gif )

My advice is... you should use -mod folders instead of using ofp\addons or ofp\res\addons folder.

They've solved all conflicts and errors i used to have before.

Different addons can generate conflicts with an other addon/s when loading them at the same time.

For example when i had all BAS addons in ofp\addons folder and started fdfmod i used to have weird animations errors like AI units suddenly sitting on mid air for no particular reason... and so on... minor problem but annoying.

After removimg all BAS addons from ofp\addons folder to ofp\bas\addons -mod folder i got rid of those weird anim errors. Ever since i have used several -mod folders for different mods... bas, fdfmod, wgl, csla, roc3.0, sebnam2 and so on...

Pappy, change weapon for Bradley. Now he can destroy abrams in one:one.....

I have a new idea.  I'm not sure that you all will like it, but what if we did this....

split the mod up into 2 mod folders.  One for Y2K3 online and the other for Y2K3 offline.  This way you could have a ton of replacement addons in the offline version (ie MI-28, BTR-T, BMP-3, 2S6 TUNGUSKA, ADATS) but still have an updated OFP that you can play online with minimum conflicts....

Just an idea.  All you need to do is copy all your addons from the Y2k3 mod folder into a Y2K3 online folder, and then have a seperate config file, and shortcut for the online version....

What do you guys think?

There's a bug with new version. Normal soldiers (rangers) are appearing instead of SpecOps in the solo missions that we use them. The rangers doesn't have the satchels charges either, but well, it's so unrealistic. Please pappy see what u can do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

There's a bug with new version. Normal soldiers (rangers) are appearing instead of SpecOps in the solo missions that we use them. The rangers doesn't have the satchels charges either, but well, it's so unrealistic. Please pappy see what u can do to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

thier not normal soldiers thier the BAS_Ranger. rangers are special forces and are more likely to be assigned to the roles that the default "spec op" is assigned to.  the satchel charge problem ill look into

BAS_GAU2B: its in BAS_Airweap came with the pavehawks

model special for the machine gunner: which one? west, east, or resistance?

Edit: looked into it. found out the problem with the no satchels on the balck op. will release fix later on.

East machine gunner uses vitpkm.pbo make sure you have it

West machine gunner uses usmg.pbo (with the m240) make sure you have it

Resistance machine gunner uses INQ_RPK this im sure you have or else you wold have more problems tounge_o.gif

AGAIN RANGERS ARE NOT SF!!

Green Berets and Delta Force are SF.

Rangers are basically Elite Infantry.

SF are the ones going behind lines and blowing stuff up.

Special Forces (SF) — De Oppresso Liber. Special Forces soldiers receive training in a variety of individual and special skills. These skills include operations, intelligence, communications, medical aid, engineering, and weapons. SF soldiers train, advise, and assist host-nation military or paramilitary forces in a variety of conventional and unconventional warfare techniques. SF soldiers are highly skilled operators, trainers, and teachers. Regionally oriented, these soldiers are specially trained in their respective area’s native language and culture.

Rangers — Rangers Lead the Way. Providing a responsive strike force and fighting primarily at night, Army Rangers rely on elements of surprise, teamwork, and basic soldiering skills to plan and conduct special missions in support of U.S. policy and objectives. Having taken part in every major combat operation in which the U.S. has been involved since the end of the Vietnam War, they are capable of deploying rapidly by land, sea, or air to conduct direct-action operations.