Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

What do you thing about replacing def BIS pilots with that one that come with new Cobra (this from screen that you showed us)?

BAS Soar pilots(that ones, wchich use in Appache, and UH-s) have M4. How about changing original UAZ with Kamaz? And original Civilians with that one made by Singapure defence forces? So many ideas....:D

Edit: Are you sure with this new cobra? I compared how this Cobras look in game, and BOH one rather win in this compedition. It has better textures, nicer camo and new model. I am not sure, but it seems that this "new" cobra is only BIS retextured model....

Edit2: I tested this m240 and i am surprised. When i was watching screens, i was expceted something great. But 240 from this pack is just ugly:(. Other guns are OK, but INQ made better ones. On the other hand they have nice sounds. So if you want to do something with machineguns, change sound for M60. Or change machinegun to INQ_M249. Or leave M60 with new sound, and create new class of soldier wchich will be M249 machinegunner...

first off as i said befor ethe M60 sound is as realistic as u can get. its real. no matter what you ay think. its the real life sound

no im not changin the civis. their fine

orginal usaz changed with csla's

boh cobra has a weird green thing goin on. and most of hte textures show up black up close. the model is the same for both. this one says US Army thou

all the helos have soar pilots. stayin this way

tiawan workshop M240B (iron sight) it is then

no sense in making a new "soldier class" when u download an addon it does that for you tounge_o.gif

currently working on the mg problem for the H-60s

Its not that the M60 sound is wrong, its that it is completely lacking in low end so that it almost sounds like its suppressed or something (I know that's not possible). Not a big deal, but the M60 has been out of commission for a while now anyway.

You mentioned that changing the "goggles down" bug would be easy. If you get a chance it would make things better -when there are a lot of choices in the options menu its nice not to have extra stuff.

Don't mean to sound critical - I think the project is fantastic and makes OFP much more immersive. I just have to find a way to avoid the crashes I get fairly frequently now with all the extra addons.

I made an spelish mistake. I want said Ural not UAZ:D. Here you have link to kamaz, Link

eh i like the current csla ural

Version 4.2:

alright folks the results are in and im currently re rar-ing the entire mod (racist watermelon launcher left out  tounge_o.gif )

Machine Gunner -> M240B by tiawain workshop type peoples

UH60 -> grey MH60 Pavehawk with M134 and rockets (sorry left in for compatibility)

UH60MG -> euro-camo HH60G Pavehawk with M134

West Tank Crew -> BAS_SOAR crew (i cant change the airborne patch sorry)

east and west tank crews have thier rifels back.

replacementpbo.rar and OFPY2K3.rar will both have the new resistance everon edited by our wonderful "Unhappy customer" type fella  smile_o.gif

changes are final for this version and currently non negotiable as i will soon be uploading. estimate that by 1am EST the mod should be ready for redownload. will post when its ready thou

edit: @triumph- will fix for next version. it might or might not be as easy as once thought

Version 4.2:

alright folks the results are in and im currently re rar-ing the entire mod (racist watermelon launcher left out  tounge_o.gif )

Machine Gunner -> M240B by tiawain workshop type peoples

UH60 -> grey MH60 Pavehawk with M134 and rockets (sorry left in for compatibility)

UH60MG -> euro-camo HH60G Pavehawk with M134

West Tank Crew -> BAS_SOAR crew (i cant change the airborne patch sorry)

east and west tank crews have thier rifels back.

east(pkt) and west(M240B) hvy machine guns carry 200 rounds

replacementpbo.rar and OFPY2K3.rar will both have the new resistance everon edited by our wonderful "Unhappy customer" type fella  smile_o.gif

OFP: Y2K3

OFP: Y2K3 (No eXploding Bodies)

Entire Mod Pack (226MB)

^

| all the Addons, the Config(4.2), the Animations, Everything!

all 3 updated

Needed for this update:

-US MG Pack

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3664

-COG AH1

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2481

So to run the entire mod do we just run it like a mod folder??

Thanks for your awesome work.

When I play single missions, the machine gunner is still armed with the M60. Should the m240 have completely displaced the M60?

Are you sure you don't want to include this chinook:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2189

nope. if the mission makker assigns you an M60 you have an M60. if your the "default" machine gunner you have an M240b

same thing with the AT4, the RPG's. this is to keep it MP compatable. as well as to add "options" so you have a larger varatiy of weapons  smile_o.gif

Edit: and yes im sure. regular Army doesnt use spec opcs helos on a "regular" basis. sorry

i have considered it several times thou

I love it. it's getting better everytime. I disagree about replacing the Chinook. If anything should be replaced it's the BIS OH-58 Kiowa Warrior. BAS made a really nice OH-58 pack. I wish I could say replace the OH-58 with the DKM RAH-66 but the Commanche was cancelled in real life. DOH!

Also a few bugs. I don't see a UH-60 with rockets anymore, only the Pavehawk with minigun. It seems the Pavehawk with minigun replaces both the rocket UH-60 and the MG UH-60.

Also on the Cleansweep 1 and 2 missions, my soldier is still carrying MP-5 mags even though he is now equiped with an M-4 SD. He still has 4 mags for the M-4 but then the rest of the slots have grenades and MP-5 mags. Not sure if there will be more serious problems in any other BIS missions. Maybe a better idea would be to replace the M-4 with an MP-5 mounting an aimpoint sight (like the BAS MP-5), and capable of using the standard BIS MP-5 SD mags.

Also how come it takes 2 M-136 hits to destroy a BMP? I thought the M-136 was guaranteed to destroy light armoured vehicles in one hit? Also if you want to modernize the West AT soldiers, give them a Javelin (to replace the Carl Gustav) like the one that comes with Suchy + Earl's Marine pack. Their Javelin works pretty good although from what I hear the real-life Javelin is also suppose to have a secondary anti-aircraft capability that is not simulated by Suchy+Earl's Javelin.

Also in my personal opinion the pilots should have the same M-4 used by the tank crew, and the M-4 that is used currently by the pilots should be reserved for Spec Ops. Also INQ's acog M-4 should replace the XMS.

Other then these minor complaints, the Mod is one of the best yet. My reason for saying so? Because we can actually play missions with this mod where as other mods you download a ton of addons from them, wait for them to release some missions and campaigns (which they never do) and then the fall apart and break up before they can finish their work. So I applaud Pappy for putting all these cool addons together, and making a mod that completely changes the original OFP for the better. YYAAAHHHYYYY!!!

Oh and I think that I fixed the crash to desktop when trying to load a saved game problem. I just went into my ofp/users/playername/saves folder, and deleted a bunch of old mission and campaign saves that I wasn't using anymore.

I love it.  it's getting better everytime.  I disagree about replacing the Chinook.  If anything should be replaced it's the BIS OH-58 Kiowa Warrior.  BAS made a really nice OH-58 pack.  I wish I could say replace the OH-58 with the DKM RAH-66 but the Commanche was cancelled in real life.  DOH!

Also a few bugs.  I don't see a UH-60 with rockets anymore, only the Pavehawk with minigun.  It seems the Pavehawk with minigun replaces both the rocket UH-60 and the MG UH-60.

Also on the Cleansweep 1 and 2 missions, my soldier is still carrying MP-5 mags even though he is now equiped with an M-4 SD.  He still has 4 mags for the M-4 but then the rest of the slots have grenades and MP-5 mags.  Not sure if there will be more serious problems in any other BIS missions.  Maybe a better idea would be to replace the M-4 with an MP-5 mounting an aimpoint sight (like the BAS MP-5), and capable of using the standard BIS MP-5 SD mags.

Also how come it takes 2 M-136 hits to destroy a BMP?  I thought the M-136 was guaranteed to destroy light armoured vehicles in one hit?  Also if you want to modernize the West AT soldiers, give them a Javelin (to replace the Carl Gustav) like the one that comes with Suchy + Earl's Marine pack.  Their Javelin works pretty good although from what I hear the real-life Javelin is also suppose to have a secondary anti-aircraft capability that is not simulated by Suchy+Earl's Javelin.

Also in my personal opinion the pilots should have the same M-4 used by the tank crew, and the M-4 that is used currently by the pilots should be reserved for Spec Ops.  Also INQ's acog M-4 should replace the XMS.

Other then these minor complaints, the Mod is one of the best yet.  My reason for saying so?  Because we can actually play missions with this mod where as other mods you download a ton of addons from them, wait for them to release some missions and campaigns (which they never do) and then the fall apart and break up before they can finish their work.  So I applaud Pappy for putting all these cool addons together, and making a mod that completely changes the original OFP for the better.  YYAAAHHHYYYY!!!

@OH58. been considering it. will do  smile_o.gif

@"I don't see a UH-60 with rockets anymore, only the Pavehawk with minigun." yea you didnt read my reply  tounge_o.gif  it has rockets due to compatability. its a "ghost weapon" im sorry i know its dumb. but you need to use a lil imagination for this. i did this becuz i wanted 2 completly new H60s. so it has a functiong M134 too. but it had "hidden" rockets for compatibility issues. forgive me but it was the only logical choice at this point. it looks nicer too.

@mp5 mags: in the mission the maker "assigned" the unit with extra magazines. thats why. normaly he would have 3 satchels charges there

@pilots m4: look thats the BAS soar pilot. unedited unchanged. i refuse to touch thier pbo cuz im personal freinds with deadmeat and im not about to piss him off  tounge_o.gif

@mp5aimpoint: INQ has an aimpoint one, but everyone complained the mp5 is for close range not for long range stuff to give them m4's. so i did

@javilin: never thought about that. is that the "standard" army issue thingy? if so. then consider it done (will be assigned will NOT replace the default weapon)

@the positive feedback: yall have no idea how many times ive wanted to post and say "here thats it im done updateing" and i see a comment like that and its just. . . makes it all worth it. and now that ive learned not to force myself to make updates every 3 seconds. slowdown and take it easy. its much easier. especialy since its a one man operation. .i should get overtime pay. . . oh wait im doin this free  tounge_o.gif  aw well just seeing more people happy and pleased with the work and effort is pay enough.

INQ's scoped M4 replaces the XMS, thats his choice came like that with his mod

--------------------Changes For NEXT Verson-------------------------

*new OH58 in next update

---replaced the 3d model with BAS'

*West/Men/AT Soldier has Javilin launcher from suchy&earl. this is final unless someone complains.

Note: AT4 weapon will still be available. only default placed default armed soldiers will have the weapon changes.

INQ rifels are the only thing that replaces the default (as far as weapons go) the M60, law, rpg, at, ect, ect will still be availble to be assigned to your soldier

Pappy what do you thing about incerasing default soldiers hit-points? In real life wounden to killed relation is smaller than in OFP.

Edit: Why using BAS Oh-58? Silesian one is more prettier....

Here is the link:

http://www.ofp.bmj.pl/retext....id=http

Edit2:

Dont use Javelin. AI is to sputid to shoot with it:( AI just crouch and aim, but dont shoot....

Edit3:

how about replacing default russian pilot with this one.

Link:

http://bkm.ofpr.com/Downloads/Bkm_JSO.exe

Quote[/b] ]@javilin: never thought about that. is that the "standard" army issue thingy? if so. then consider it done (will be assigned will NOT replace the default weapon)
Note the fact that the AI can't fire it AAAAND it has to be aimed up and targeted for the missile to hit.....

hey pappy... found some little probs

1. when using a RPG-soldier (only as player) in editor the game crashes.

when starting a game in the editor with a second soldier with an rpg launcher it works but when looking in your little book with the plan and the equipment, and want to see what your second soldier has in his pockets it crashes.

class SoldierELAW: SoldierEB

{

displayName="$STR_DN_RPG_SOLDIER";

nameSound="missileSoldier";

cost=80000;

accuracy=1.500000;

weapons[]={"AK74","SUCHRPG16d","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"AK74","AK74","AK74","AK74","SUCHrpg16dAT&am

p;amp;amp;quot;,"SUCHrpg16dAT","SUCHrpg16dAT"};

the strange thing is i can use the RGP soldier when using the soldier from the marine assault pack.  i changed the config for me now but perhaps you have an idea.

FOUND IT: SUCHrpg16dAT for me this was wrong (if it works for you it is ok, perhaps i have a different MARINE ASSAULT PACK....are you using the normal one or the jam compatiple one rock.gif) well for me and that is how it is written in the readme the MAG name is                   "SUCHrpg16dHE".

2. when using a crew unit (west) it is a BAS soar unit with a M1a1 as far as good. the sight of his gun is the INQ one... but now the best thing. the unit has a WHITE (not textured) CUBE between his legs (short over his boots). looks like a model part at the wrong place. If that are probs you don't have I did something wrong if not perhaps you have time to look over it.. thx

Oh crap! I forgot that the OFP AI is too stupid to launch the Javelin. Yeah you better leave the Carl Gustav, otherwise this will screw up a lot of missions.

Also I changed my mind about the MP-5. Most special forces have ditched the MP-5 in favor of the M-4 thanks to the prolifiration of body armour. However I still have a problem with the fact that in some BIS missions (such as Clean Sweep 1 and 2) you are forced to carry MP-5 mags that you can't use.

Also I too experienced the RPG problem. When I try to use an RPG soldier in the mission editor it crashes to desktop. But then in BIS missions I can still pick up an RPG off a soldier and it works fine.

I fear that we have been giving too much attention to the west side, and not enough attention on the east units. I tried to do the CWC SP mission "Revenge", and first off I can't see the mission intro some kind of error about missing ammo. Then when I try to go through and see what weapons my troops are carrying in the mission breifing, my CPU freezes, and I have to do CTRL ALT DEL and force OFP to shut down. I think we all need to go through and do some testing on the east units and make sure we haven't neglected them.

Quote[/b] ]magazines[]={"AK74","AK74","AK74","AK74","SUCHrpg16dAT&am

p;am

p;amp;amp;quot;,"SUCHrpg16dAT","SUCHrpg16dAT"};

crazy_o.gif wtf?! that amp amp amp shit isnt suppose to be in there.

ill look into it

ummm

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class SoldierELAW: SoldierEB

{

displayName="$STR_DN_RPG_SOLDIER";

nameSound="missileSoldier";

cost=80000;

accuracy=1.500000;

weapons[]={"AK74","SUCHRPG16d","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"AK74","AK74","AK74","AK74","SUCHrpg16dAT","SUCHrpg16dAT","SUCHrpg16dAT"};

nightVision=1;

threat[]={1,0.900000,0.100000};

//ECP - Dynamic Range - 231

additionalSound[]={"\DynamicRange\People\mslsoldiermoving.wss",0.000003,0};

//

};

is what mine reads for both configs

edit: it apperes as if the forum likes to fuck up the code when we paste it

Oh crap!  I forgot that the OFP AI is too stupid to launch the Javelin.  Yeah you better leave the Carl Gustav, otherwise this will screw up a lot of missions.  

Also I changed my mind about the MP-5.  Most special forces have ditched the MP-5 in favor of the M-4 thanks to the prolifiration of body armour.  However I still have a problem with the fact that in some BIS missions (such as Clean Sweep 1 and 2) you are forced to carry MP-5 mags that you can't use.

Also  I too experienced the RPG problem.  When I try to use an RPG soldier in the mission editor it crashes to desktop.  But then in BIS missions I can still pick up an RPG off a soldier and it works fine.

ok i just tested. and your right when player is east rpg soldier it freezes.

looks like i either need to replace the RPG completly. or revert back to the normal RPG

i dont understand this it worked for me before. . .now why all of a sudden is it being like this  crazy_o.gif

Edit: if anyone has an older version like back around 3. something can u debin it and take a look at the rpg soldier perhaps paste the weapon and mag line into the forum since obviously not changing anything at all has caused a problem >_< crazy_o.gif

pappy  biggrin_o.gif  "SUCHrpg16dHE"   use this. HE in the end not AT it works wink_o.gif

but ... try to destroy a M1A2 with these HE rockets oh ..... that takes a while

and with the SOLDIERWcrew i don't get why the m4 doesn't use the c8c_usm m16 optics the path is the right one.

but what about this whiite cube rock.gif

pappy  biggrin_o.gif  "SUCHrpg16dHE"   use this. HE in the end not AT it works wink_o.gif

and with the SOLDIERWcrew i don't get why the m4 doesn't use the c8c_usm m16 optics the path is the right one.

alright ill try it.

althou the ecp compatable marine pack has the HE and AT rocket. and since these soliders are ment for anti tank and not for wastin baddies. i figured AT would be more suited

@m4 optics yea i assined him teh INQ m4. too lazy to get the OFP one

the white cube. . . make sure you have the latest SOAR version

I have the same problem. Change ALL content of "class soldierWcrew" with this:

Quote[/b] ]class SoldierWCrew : SoldierWPilot

{

nameSound="crew";

accuracy=1000;

model="\bas_soar\bas_soarcreww";

hiddenSelections[]={"Goggletex","bas_faceshield","goggletex1"};

displayName="$STR_DN_CREW";

weapons[]={"M4","EC_m1911a1","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"M4","M4","M4","M4","M4","EC_m1911

a1Mag","EC_m1911a1Mag","EC_m1911a1Mag

","EC_m1911a1Mag"};

wounds[]={"\bas_soar\crw\BODY1","\bas_soar\crw\BODY1d","\bas_soar\crw\leftarm","\bas

_soar\crw\leftarmd","\bas_soar\crw\leftleg","\bas_soar\crw\leftlegd","\bas_soar\crw\

rightarm","\bas_soar\crw\rightarmd","\bas_soar\crw\rightleg","\bas_soar\crw\rightleg

d","\bas_soar\cmn\brejle","\bas_soar\cmn\brejle_d","\bas_soar\cmn\helma","\bas_soar\

cmn\helma_d","xicht_a.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_b.paa&quot

;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_c.

paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_d.paa","xicht_a_zranen",&q

uot;xicht_e.paa","xicht_e_zranen",

"xicht_f.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_g.paa","xicht_a_z

ranen","xicht_h.paa","xicht_a

_zranen","xicht_i.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_j.paa",&

quot;xicht_a_zranen","xicht_k.paa"

,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_l.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht

_m.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xic

ht_n.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_o.paa","xicht_o_zranen&quo

t;,"xicht_p.paa","xicht_a_zra

nen","xicht_q.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_r.paa",&quot

;xicht_a_zranen","xicht_s.paa","xi

cht_a_zranen","xicht_t.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_u.paa&qu

ot;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_v

.paa","xicht_v_zranen","xicht_w.paa","xicht_w_zranen",&

quot;xicht_x.paa","xicht_a_zranen"

,"xicht_y.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_z.paa","xicht_a_

zranen","xicht_2a.paa","xicht

_a_zranen","xicht_2b.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2c.paa&quo

t;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2d

.paa","xicht_v_zranen","xicht_2e.paa","xicht_a_zranen",

"xicht_2f.paa","xicht_a_zrane

n","xicht_2g.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2h.paa",&quot

;xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2i.paa","x

icht_a_zranen","xicht_2j.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2k.paa

","xicht_a_zranen","xich

t_2l.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2m.paa","xicht_a_zranen&qu

ot;,"xicht_2n.paa","xicht_a_z

ranen","xicht_2o.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2p.paa",&

quot;xicht_2p_zranen","xicht_2q.pa

a","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2r.paa","xicht_e_zranen",&qu

ot;xicht_2s.paa","xicht_a_zranen",

"xicht_2t.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2u.paa","xicht_a

_zranen","xicht_2v.paa","xich

t_a_zranen","xicht_2w.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2x.paa&qu

ot;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2

y.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2z.paa","xicht_a_zranen"

};

animated=1;

class Animations

{

class goggles

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.5;

selection="goggles";

axis="axisgoggles";

angle0=0;

angle1=-0.75;

};

class ngoggles

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.5;

selection="ngoggles";

axis="axisngoggles";

angle0=0;

angle1=-1.9;

};

};

class UserActions

{

class Raisegoggles

{

displayName="Raise Visor";

position="axisgoggles";

radius=18100;

condition="this animationPhase {goggles} >= 0.5 &&

this == player";

statement="this animate [{goggles}, 0]; this

setObjectTexture [0,{}]; this setObjectTexture [2,{}]";

};

class Lowergoggles

{

displayName="Lower Visor";

position="axisvisor";

radius=18100;

condition="this animationPhase {goggles} < 0.5 &&

this animationPhase {ngoggles} < 0.1 && this == player";

statement="this animate [{goggles}, 1]; this

setObjectTexture [0,{\BAS_SOAR\cmn\visord.paa}]; this setObjectTexture

[2,{\BAS_SOAR\cmn\visor.paa}]";

};

class Lowerngoggles

{

displayName="Lower NVG's";

position="axisngoggles";

radius=18100;

condition="this animationPhase {ngoggles} < 0.5 &&

this animationPhase {goggles} < 0.1 && this == player";

statement="this animate [{ngoggles}, 1]; this action

[{NVGoggles}]";

};

class Raisengoggles

{

displayName="Raise NVG's";

position="axisngoggles";

radius=18100;

condition="this animationPhase {ngoggles} >= 0.5 &&

this == player";

statement="this animate [{ngoggles}, 0]; [this] exec

{\bas_soar\scripts\nvg_off.sqs}";

};

};

//ECP - Dynamic Range - 190

additionalSound[]={"\DynamicRange\People\soldiermoving.wss",0.000003,0};

//

};

@Kuba

I have the same problem. Change ALL content of "class soldierWcrew" with this.

have to go to bed now and have no time to change it because you changed the MAG names and so on. but can you perhaps tell me in detail how you solved the prob..... did you manage to ged rid of this white cube rock.gif