Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Quote[/b] ]AGAIN RANGERS ARE NOT SF!!

Green Berets and Delta Force are SF.

Rangers are basically Elite Infantry.

SF are the ones going behind lines and blowing stuff up.

Special Forces (SF) — De Oppresso Liber. Special Forces soldiers receive training in a variety of individual and special skills. These skills include operations, intelligence, communications, medical aid, engineering, and weapons. SF soldiers train, advise, and assist host-nation military or paramilitary forces in a variety of conventional and unconventional warfare techniques. SF soldiers are highly skilled operators, trainers, and teachers. Regionally oriented, these soldiers are specially trained in their respective area’s native language and culture.

Rangers — Rangers Lead the Way. Providing a responsive strike force and fighting primarily at night, Army Rangers rely on elements of surprise, teamwork, and basic soldiering skills to plan and conduct special missions in support of U.S. policy and objectives. Having taken part in every major combat operation in which the U.S. has been involved since the end of the Vietnam War, they are capable of deploying rapidly by land, sea, or air to conduct direct-action operations.

Rangers are considered the "workhorse" of the Special Operations community (including Green Berets and Delta).  You are right that they are not Special Forces. However, since there are no green berets or delta force models (that I can think of), the rangers model will do!

It something like this

(Army "eliteness" rank (lowest to highest))

Rangers/Special Forces Groups (Green Berets)/1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (Delta Force)

(Army "eliteness" rank (lowest to highest))

Quote[/b] ]Rangers/Special Forces Groups (Green Berets)/1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (Delta Force)

Wrong it's:

Infantry/rangers/Green Berets/Delta/any group that "Doesn't" Exist

ok ok ok geeze crazy_o.gif ill change it back to a delta unit. the ranger unit looked much better. but ok fine ill change it crazy_o.gif

Rishon since when are you an expert on the US Army and it's special operations tactics?

Where did that come from? I just read alot of Military books and have no life. biggrin_o.gif

-edit-

Quote[/b] ]ok ok ok geeze ill change it back to a delta unit. the ranger unit looked much better. but ok fine ill change it

Thats ok, I was just correcting you, the Rangers do look MUCH better.

Quote[/b] ]Wrong it's:

Infantry/rangers/Green Berets/Delta/any group that "Doesn't" Exist

I did not include infantry because "anybody" can be infantry. It takes a hell of more stuff to become a ranger or green beret or delta.

Quote[/b] ]ok ok ok geeze   ill change it back to a delta unit. the ranger unit looked much better. but ok fine ill change it  

Totally forgot about those delta units.....(been using the ranger units to much tounge_o.gif)

Pappy, i tried installing your awesome mod for a friend and it doesnt work. I tried the regular ECP config and the game ran fine but when i used yours the game crashed to desktop when i started a mission. Any ideas?

dacksmax: your probably missing some addons. if you use the full mod downlaod you still need ALL BAS addons. ensure you have those. also make sure you use a mod folder to conserve memoryif someone wants to make an installer for this mod for me. by all means feel free to ofer

@ranger argument: i did some checking up. . .the army has "special forces" but out of 3 of their sites none of them specify waht the "special forces" are called. but i will say this much. im not about to walk up to an army ranger and tell them they arent special forces tounge_o.gif

i changed it back to the delta operator. they look a lil nicer. the ranger looked swet. but its back to the delta operator. (different from the orginal release)

uplaoding now. will be ready in 20 min

@ranger argument: i did some checking up. . .the army has "special forces" but out of 3 of their sites none of them specify waht the "special forces" are called. but i will say this much. im not about to walk up to an army ranger and tell them they arent special forces tounge_o.gif
"Special Forces" are "Special Forces," also known as Green Berets. Strictly speaking, there are no other special forces, but the term has come to mean "any highly trained and well-equipped unconventional fighting force" in most peoples' minds. There are specialized forces or unconventional forces, but there is only one Special Forces.

The Rangers are highly trained and highly mobile infantry. They are a conventional fighting force, not something like the SEALs or the Special Forces. They're essentially shock troopers.

Still no dice. Maybe it just needs a clean install then do the process for attaining your wonderful mod setup.

Quote[/b] ]"Special Forces" are "Special Forces," also known as Green Berets. Strictly speaking, there are no other special forces, but the term has come to mean "any highly trained and well-equipped unconventional fighting force" in most peoples' minds. There are specialized forces or unconventional forces, but there is only one Special Forces.

You forgot 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta aka Delta Force.   wink_o.gif

guys. . .its back to a delta force unit lol. we can kill the special forces argument

sorry i just dont want to turn this into a huge argument. it doesnt matter really. i changed it back to a delta. the new pack 1.55 has nice lookin delta units now. so i changed it everything is cool lets move on past this please unclesam.gif

lets jsut say the rangers arent special forces we will call them special people tounge_o.gif

Pappy i found a bug. When i am playing Retaliatian champaing, mission with Bradleys, i got error "missiong addons"cbt_m2inf". I dont get any errors in menu, only in missions. When i remove your m2a2.pbo evrtything is ok. Can you do anything about that?

Pappy i found a bug. When i am playing Retaliatian champaing, mission with Bradleys, i got error "missiong addons"cbt_m2inf".  I dont get any errors in menu, only in missions. When i remove your m2a2.pbo evrtything is ok. Can you do anything about that?

yea thats an easy fix. all i have to do is add cbt_m2inf to the preload addons section of the config. or you can do it too if you dotn feel like waiting for the next update

at the VERY bottom of the config it says "Class Preload addons

---

---

---

---

Class GMR:

{"addon","Addon","blah","cbt_m2inf"}

jsut add it in there and rebin smile_o.gif

@ May 09 2004,04:12)]doh, im going blind O_O

must be the wacky colors on my website and signature tounge_o.gif

What about strenght of this Bradleys? I know that this is realistic, but when i was playing Retaliation champaing 2 bradleys and M1A1 cut my 4 T-80 squad, and 4 bmps into pieces...I dont loose even one T-80, before you face bradleys. This is that mission when you are orderd to clear way for trapped mechanised infantry. There is quite lots of fihghting before facing bradleys.... Thanx for reply. Now i have same problem with cbt_misc smile_o.gif I delete all scripts from bradley config, before reading your post, and it solve problem with cbt_m2inf biggrin_o.gif. Do i have put them there back?

Where might "aamg/Turret.sound.servo" be located (it's missing).

search OFP.info for the aamg (resistance aa machine gun)

but. . .i didnt use it at all rock.gif for anything crazy_o.gif

Finnaly, after 3 years of playing OFP, looks like i got the will to register in the forum instead of just lurking.

I would love to say the devil made me do it, but the fact is that its this config that made me do it wow_o.gif

Been following the project since page 8.

Great work all around, Pappy.

Looking forward to see it has a final release........at least addon wise. tounge_o.gif

Got a little question here that has been confusing me a lot.

So afterall, what is supposed to be installed?

From what i can understand, i should only need the Full Mod + Bis replacement addons + an up to date config.rar

Now this makes sence, but is there something missing?

You then said we need all the BAS addons, but i tought these addons were allready in the Full Mod and BIS Replacements.

What gives? rock.gif

Then i see ppl missing specific files and geting errors because of them.

I'm getting quite confused here.

A little help is apreciated. smile_o.gif

Cheers.

Finnaly, after 3 years of playing OFP, looks like i got the will to register in the forum instead of just lurking.

I would love to say the devil made me do it, but the fact is that its this config that made me do it wow_o.gif

Been following the project since page 8.

Great work all around, Pappy.

Looking forward to see it has a final release........at least addon wise. tounge_o.gif

Got a little question here that has been confusing me a lot.

So afterall, what is supposed to be installed?

From what i can understand, i should only need the Full Mod + Bis replacement addons + an up to date config.rar

Now this makes sence, but is there something missing?

You then said we need all the BAS addons, but i tought these addons were allready in the Full Mod and BIS Replacements.

What gives? rock.gif

Then i see ppl missing specific files and geting errors because of them.

I'm getting quite confused here.

A little help is apreciated. smile_o.gif

Cheers.

addon wise im done tounge_o.gif trust me i hated having to add more and more. so im putting my rather large foot down now. no more addons will be needed

BIS replacment addons are not required however make the mod more realistic

yea i didnt include ALL BAS addons mainly due to

A: almost everyone has all of them

and

B: it would take the "full mod" install up to around 300+ megs and i didnt feel like getting killed by the 56kers tounge_o.gif

so thats why i just said "Get all the bas addons" instead of sorting thru and saying well you need this helo and this guy and this gun" ect ect.

I see.

So its all a very generalized requirement, to make sure everyone has all the nessesary BAS addons, wich trough the config makes the work easier for up to date changes within the allready avaiable addons.

Okey pokey, will do. tounge_o.gif

|H|(O)(O)/A\/A\

I got the same error, and traced it to the rfcar.pbo (armed Soviet vehicles.) Nothing to do with the updated config, as best as I could tell.

I got the same error, and traced it to the rfcar.pbo (armed Soviet vehicles.) Nothing to do with the updated config, as best as I could tell.

It's funny the game should show it as missing even though I have the uaz mg addon. I get CTDs and a number of missing file errors fairly frequently. When Pappy finalizes everything I will download the entire project in case I am missing an addon here or there and see if that stablizes things.

It's funny the game should show it as missing even though I have the uaz mg addon. I get CTDs and a number of missing file errors fairly frequently. When Pappy finalizes everything I will download the entire project in case I am missing an addon here or there and see if that stablizes things.

like i said. addon wise im done. no more addons required. none. zip zilch zero. the entire list is on my website smile_o.gif so sort out those and any future updates will be among those

anything from this point out is gonna be basicly bug fixin (if possible) certian bugs i cant kill so some we have to live with unfortunitly. but hey. like i say if it dont crash the game then it doesnt bother me. . . but if u feel differently ill try my best to solve the issue

my workload varys from extractions helos, to my own USN campain im makin for the midway island (USN+Brit navy vs soviets). plus hopefuly making a USCG cutter.