Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

looks and works great we need a ww2 version smile_o.gif

just wanted to point out not sure if its a bug you have under air x2 listings for the UH-60L

car x3 listings for the M925

Yeah, that's not a bug. The UH-60L replaces both the UH60 and UH60MG classes, so I didn't see a need to differenciate between the two of them.

The same goes for the M925. Since I'm using Marfy's covered model for both the closed and open classes, I gave them the same name. It wouldn't make much sense to call it an open truck if it was covered. tounge_o.gif

Eventually I intend to replace the M925 with something different. I believe that I read that the CBT team was working on one. I'm hoping to eventually be able to replace all US land vehicles with Combat stuff.

Really Amazing work, ive been playing the Cmpaigns ever since i got this mod and they feel and look sooooooooo much better.

Are you going to Update the Resistance Units as well at a later date?

But i have one gripe, where is the M21 sniper rifle? rock.gif

Once again Amazing!

Warden.. unclesam.gif

First, I'm really liking eecp. I've stopped playing the latest greatest games out for this.

Ural and skoda errors are gone with v0.4.4

Getting a "No entry 'config.bin\CfgWeapons.JAM_M72LAWLauncher'."

?

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem as Airbourne Alcoholic but I was hoping to see more info before I asked my questions but he seemed to have fixed his without additional help.

BTW I have GOTY ed.

When I start up the game the screen goes to black with the countdown has begun and the drive is working for a few seconds. It the changes to Please Wait and then the screen clicks back to the desktop and I get the same error he gets.

I am not really mod savy so I'm not sure what that -nomap meant but I normally can figure out my own problems with extra files etc but not this time. Can anyone help another OFP n00b?! crazy_o.gif

Thx

Thanks for the nice words.

[quote name=If anybody's willing to provide a more permenent mirror' date=' I'd be happy to update the links to include it.Another mirror

[/quote]

Exellent work biggrin_o.gif Another mirror HERE courtesy of OFPBase.com

Hi ,

A field which interests me much, it is the calculation of the values

of the hit, hit ranges, the values of armor, and the recoil, that

would be very interessant in this field, and to try to

innovate while being based on the data of MOD WGL or FDF to try to approach the realism more

the values of JAM seem to me very ridiculous and incorrect, the weapons don't have their effect of authentic recoil,

the sounds are similar

that would be interessant if the EECP would be occupied now of

calculations in CPP to approach the realism more, now that the

replacement of the units was carried out successfully, it would be time to reinforce the realism

here're some interessant web - sites

Tank Protection Levels

Armour Penetration

Armour Values

LAW's, MAW's & RCL's

Hi,

I just installed v0.4.4!

Now I'll always get this errormsg when I destroy an BMP (the BMP is just an example)!

I'am using the Y2k3-Mod and just I overwrote the ECP-Addonsfiles! Could this be the problem?

Thx and greetz

- Duerr

First, I'm really liking eecp. I've stopped playing the latest greatest games out for this.

Ural and skoda errors are gone with v0.4.4

Getting a "No entry 'config.bin\CfgWeapons.JAM_M72LAWLauncher'."

?

I don't really have a suggestion for this one. The only references to JAM are for models. No JAM classes are used.

Try loading up the game using only the required addons. If that solves the problem (I think it should,) you can work backwards from there to figure out what exactly is causing the error.

I am not really mod savy so I'm not sure what that -nomap meant but I normally can figure out my own problems with extra files etc but not this time. Can anyone help another OFP n00b?! crazy_o.gif

Thx

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/trouble/cantmemory.htm

Thanks, but that's for the buggy 0.4.3. tounge_o.gif

Any way you could update it to the current version?

replacement of the units was carried out successfully, it would be time to reinforce the realism

I agree. It's something to look forward to for the future.

However, I don't think that armor can really be improved upon. Sigma-6's system is about as good as things are going to get in OFP 1. There's only so much that can be done on that front. In order for things to be truly realistic on that front, you'd need to be able to specify not only armor values for very specific parts of the vehicle, but the type of armor (ex: ERA will stop HEAT very well, but it isn't going to do much of anything against APFSDS (unless the Russians' claims about Kaktus are true, but that's neither here nor there for OFP.))

I don't think that much more can be done than already has. Various parts of vehicles are basically assigned "hit points." Various weapons can be assigned values for direct or indirect hits, but you can only specify the damage level of the weapon, not its type.

I'm hoping OFP 2 improves upon the whole armor simulation.

As for smaller scale weapons, there's still room for improvement there. I know I've said it a lot, but there will be new recoils someday. I've messed around with CfgRecoils a bit, but it's very time consuming and takes a lot of trial and error to get things to feel right. Even when things do feel right, they'd have to be run by somebody that actually has experience with the weapon in question (or at least something like it) in order to ensure that it is actually an improvement.

Basically, it's just a really lengthly procedure. tounge_o.gif

It will happen someday, though.

Hi,

I just installed v0.4.4!

Now I'll always get this errormsg when I destroy an BMP (the BMP is just an example)!

I'am using the Y2k3-Mod and just I overwrote the ECP-Addonsfiles! Could this be the problem?

Thx and greetz

- Duerr

I'd say that is almost certainly the problem. Always do a fresh install of anything related to a config that you haven't used before.

Hi there

EECP rocks smile_o.gif Top marks on another stirling update Kuriyami!

Quote[/b] ]Quote (thunderbird84 @ Jan. 07 2005,23:43)

I agree. It's something to look forward to for the future.

However, I don't think that armor can really be improved upon. Sigma-6's system is about as good as things are going to get in OFP 1. There's only so much that can be done on that front. In order for things to be truly realistic on that front, you'd need to be able to specify not only armor values for very specific parts of the vehicle, but the type of armor (ex: ERA will stop HEAT very well, but it isn't going to do much of anything against APFSDS (unless the Russians' claims about Kaktus are true, but that's neither here nor there for OFP.))

I don't think that much more can be done than already has. Various parts of vehicles are basically assigned "hit points." Various weapons can be assigned values for direct or indirect hits, but you can only specify the damage level of the weapon, not its type.

thunderbird84 and Kuriyami - perhaps have a look at this thread where there is ongoing discussion about this very topic

Common Armour Values System : ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION

There are some of us who feel that Sigma's system is great - but that there is potential for improvement, and for creating a framework (CAVS) for helping addon-makers create compatible vehicles. That improvements can be made is evident with the work done by the Lost Brothers with their excellent middle-east IDF v Egypt armoured combat work.

Re WGL and FDF - these are both excellent but WGL had an ecrypted config.bin AFAIK and FDF are not keen on people capturing and using their values (recoils for example).

One issue that crops up is - "well - if you make a new standard, how is it going to work with BIS stuff?" My answer to that is (and this is something I intend to raise with Kuriyami) is why not work with a 'CAVS modified EECP' as the base . . . after all, EECP is used by most realism keenbeans and is so much better than the vanila game.

Anyway, we are rolling on with some testing of a system proposed by SPQR - an advisor to Operation Frenchpoint.

There has been input from members of:

* Carrot Studios

* DKM

* Operation Frenchpoint

* Lost Brothers

* UK Forces

* Swedish Forces Pack

* Pappy of Y2K3

So it has been a lively discussion!

Feel free to join in!

TP

hi everyone

everytime I try to start OFP via my new ECP shortcut, it crashes, and I get a nice error message that tells me about my screen resolution, my refresh rate etc. etc.:

"Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (AIW 9800 SERIES @ 9800 (http://softmod.techpowerup.com)) Fullscreen Resolution 1280x1024, format X8R8G8B8/D24S8, refresh 85 Hz.

Error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY"

Can anyone of you help me?

I wanna play this damnit

I can play all other games, including the non-ECP Flashpoint.

Jules17 welcome to the forums, please read the rules, we operate a "search before posting" rule, if you'd searched the troubleshooting forum for OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY you would have found numerous threads telling you to use -nomap smile_o.gif

(If for some strange reason that doesn't fix it then by all means post further information smile_o.gif)

new problem...I read the FAQ but I don't think it's helpin me...

The game crashes to desktop everytime I want to play a mission...the only thing working is the 1985 campaign training.

TermiPete ; I read this interessant thread, and I learned much, I approve the idea completely to create a common system of values while basing on calculations of the various parameters, has my opinion, best would be to cooperate with MOD WGL and MOD FDF, because it is those which improve the details of the realism.

Concerning MOD EECP, the prospect 'll be very interessant and very

instructive to conduct a campaign in the field of the realism, I am

ready to contribute the share necessary there to try to give a beautiful final improvement of realism to MOD EECP .

smile_o.gif

Just two things that bug me:

1) The posture of the player model. I preferred the Y2K3 anim to the original OFP one. But I guess you can't ask for everything  tounge_o.gif

2) Also referring to Y2K3, the sprinting anim on their mod is better and more realistic. (competition)

Anyway, just two tiny issues I have (havn't been out a lot lately  crazy_o.gif ) but nothing major.

Still LOVE this mod!

Just two things that bug me:1) The posture of the player model. I preferred the Y2K3 anim to the original OFP one. But I guess you can't ask for everything tounge_o.gif

2) Also referring to Y2K3, the sprinting anim on their mod is better and more realistic. (competition)

Still LOVE this mod!

Here's a solution for you - go to Y2K3 home page - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/site/index.html - and click the downloads link. There's all you need - the New Animation Pack. Just download it and install - and that's all.

Happy playing ;)

voodzia

Quote[/b] ]

The game crashes to desktop everytime I want to play a mission...the only thing working is the 1985 campaign training.

anyone?

Quote[/b] ]

anyone?

Are you sure you did not forgot to download and install an addon ?

The only crashing problems i had were when i missed one of the required E:ECP addons.

Quote[/b] ]Just two things that bug me:

1) The posture of the player model. I preferred the Y2K3 anim to the original OFP one. But I guess you can't ask for everything tounge_o.gif

For the animation pack question, download the Dreamy Knight pack (search this forum), y2k3 is using his animation pack .

So if you want the same one you know what to do (or if you are smart enough wink_o.gif just copy the Anim.pbo that can be found in your ../y2k3/Dta/ folder to your .../@ecp/Dta/ folder , easy smile_o.gif )

Oh, and be carefull Anim.pbo is the one to use, anims.pbo is the one that contain the different islands intro cutscene and have nothing to do with the player animation

Thanks, but that's for the buggy 0.4.3. tounge_o.gif

Any way you could update it to the current version?

Damn that i uploaded the wrong version  crazy_o.gif Anyway new version is uploaded  smile_o.gif

With two of the mod files required for EECP by RHS ive noticed the RHS T55 pack1.20

there is a RHS T55 1.21 fix for it availabe for download

as there is also one with the RHS crew 0.51 there is a RH crew 0.52 fix

Should we use these fix files?

i wonder, why not change the M151 for the M998 HMMWV (thats the standard HMMWV)

i know it would make it 3 versions of HMMWV´s, but the M151 isnt used today afaik...

so the standard hmmwv would be a better choice i think.