Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

But he's too busy answering everyone's questions in all the other threads smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (skypine27 @ Jan. 21 2005,10:38)

Hey, how tough would it be to replace the damn XM-177S in EECP with something else? I hate that gun! Looks silly too.

I keep forgetting to do this. I just put it on my to do list for 0.5.

Thanks. That gun sucks!

I suggest using the MP5 from laser's weaponpack. Its a good weapon for tank crews to use.

No it's not. IRL the US tankers are armed with one m4 per tank. The rest of the team is armed with m9 sidearms.

No it's not. IRL the US tankers are armed with one m4 per tank. The rest of the team is armed with m9 sidearms.

That's somewhat true.  Its not uncommon to see each tanker carry both his M4 (or M16) and M9 into the vehicle, given the complexity of the mounted manuever warfare in MOUT environment.

Many of the crewmen who died in Iraq lost there lives to small-arms fire, not RPGs.  The tank commander and the loader can both engage targets (especially close soft-targets) with their personal weapons while their hatches unbuttoned.

Basically, if Kuri uses CBT crewman, for simplicity, just ensure that each soldier carries the M4, instead of assigning one rifleman to the mix while the other members carry sidearms.

TA-50.

Just change the POS scoped XM for something fun/interesting. Im playing thru the PFC Fury campaign now with EECP, and that scoped XM is terrible.

Change it to something that would make the campaigns fun. We've allready given realism a BIG rest, as to what different sides were armed with in 1985, so dont worry about that. 1985 armament is not what makes EECP an improvement over Flashpoint.

If we're suggesting possible weapons to include, how about the excellent Jah's SG551 ?? My all time favourite all round weapon... Billed as a sniper rifle, but it's really more of a variable zoom silenced G36... I use it whenever possible for black-op missions in preference to the usual UZI/HK options...

Well modelled and textured, good stopping power without being over-the-top, it's great... (and you can get it here)...

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4446

I might even have a go at including it in a modded config once I figure out how to do it...

Meantime - looking forward to the latest version... the waiting is actually fun... gives me something to check in on every day... the anticipation is killing me (and everybody else)

biggrin_o.gif

Bushlurker...

First of all Kurayami, I honor you for the huge work you've done with EECP 0.4.4

No bugs, no errors - very good (and I know how much work is

needed to make it so stable. I was the one who inofficially merged the DR config and the INQ config, both from OFPEC's ECP site, for the first time about 1,5 years ago.)

My question: On which version of ECP did you base your EECP config? On 1.071?

Do you plan to update the EECP config to the the newest ECP 1.075 config?

In particular I care very much for the new AI join scripts.

]

The answer were 1/2 pages before

The actual version of E:ECP ( 0.4.4 ) is using the actual ECP 1.071

Kurayami , being a member of the ECP team now is working on the future E:ECP that will use ECP 1.075

This future version of E:ECP should be available some time after the release of ECP 1.075 (as replacing, testing, re-testing, fixing problems that will popup, losing some more hairs in front of those damned problems will require those some extra time smile_o.gif ).

So you have all the time you want to enjoy the actual E:ECP 0.4.4 using the actual ECP 1.071

The answer were 1/2 pages before

The actual version of E:ECP ( 0.4.4 ) is using the actual ECP 1.071

Kurayami , being a member of the ECP team now is working on the future E:ECP that will use ECP 1.075

This future version of E:ECP  should be available some time after the release of ECP 1.075 (as replacing, testing, re-testing, fixing problems that will popup, losing some more hairs in front of those damned problems will require those some extra time smile_o.gif ).

So you have all the time you want to enjoy the actual E:ECP 0.4.4 using the actual ECP 1.071

Thanks for answering.

Sorry, I didn't find this comment of Kurayami 1/2 pages before although I read the whole thread.

If I was wanting to use Kegetys Hires Skys with this mod how would i do it, as HiSky runs as a Mod itslef, is it possible to run them both at the same time?

Yes it is possible

instead of using in your OFP - E:ECP shortcut

-mod=@ECP

use

-mod=@ECP;hisky

(of course change the words @ECP and hisky if you have changed the name of your mod folders are differents, the default folders are @ECP and hisky if you have touched nothing)

Just how hard is it to change the SIG M1A2 to the new one by inq et all? I know Pappy's got a snippet for the config to do it, but that's for y2k3. Forsee any complications using that snippet in EECP?

As E:ECP does not use the eventhandlers from inq version of sigma tank you should just have to change the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> model="\SIG_MN\M1A2.p3d";

into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> model="\INQ_M1\INQ_M1A2.p3d";

and you if you notice hidden selections problems ingame you should search for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class m1_abrams:Tank

{

};

and change it to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class m1_abrams:Tank

{

sectionsInherit="Tank";

sections[]={"BS1","BS2","BS3"};

};

then add in the Abrams class definition too

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hiddenSelections[]={"BS1","BS2","BS3"};

If you notice some problems with the hidden selections ingame.

But notice in the E:ECP config, for i don't know what reason Kurayami have a second model="\SIG_MN\M1A2.p3d"; in the class turret of the Abrams.

In one of my private config, i don't have the model defined 2 times in the Abrams definition, and so the replacement is just easy, but for this case i am not sure.

And remember that E:ECP use the sounds of the SIG pbo file , not the INQ .pbo file, so change them too or do not delete the SIG .pbo

Can someone host a working cpp for the latest version. Everytime I try to make one from Binviewer I get multiple errors BEFORE I even try to edit it.

Hi K.

Totally enjoying your latest work, So's you know  tounge_o.gif

A question: Would you be able to make a config, (or whatever it takes) to make Bn880's tracer script a common effect in your mod?  It's a hassle to put it in every unit on large missions.  And it's such a beautiful show with your unit loadouts.

Thanks for any consideration.

You should read Bn880 tracer thread (end of 1st page and second one) , he explains there how to introduce his tracers in an eventhandler for config replacements.

Then , you can port yourself his tracers in the editable config of E:ECP

I like Sanctuary's config but I also like the EECP config as well. I decided to edit the EECP config and add/change a few things to gear it more towards the USMC. I looked at other configs as examples but I have very little experience with them. Everything was going smoothly. I tried to make only one unit change at a time and then checked to see if it worked.

When I tried to replace the JeepMG with Wilco's latest LAV however I ran into problems. Could someone take a look at it for me = Sanctuary? Kurayami? anyone? and tell me what I'm doing wrong and how do I correct it? Suggestions are also welcomed. I saved the file in rich text format and color coded my changes. Red are things that worked. The green is the changes I made for the LAV.

http://www.badkompany.com/OFP/helpconfig.rar

Before anyone gets in an uproar - I have NO intentions of releasing a finished product to the public. I doubt very seriously I could keep up with updates etc. or put the time in to make it bug free. Just wanting to personalize my OFP for me and a few friends and try to learn more about OFP editing.

Thanks.

edit - Error when making bin is Error on property - JeepMG:Jeep - CfgVehicles

I tested in one of my private replacements (using a debinarized BIS config.bin, not using the complete config i posted in the addon discussion forum) and if i let the config in a .cpp state,testing ingame : the LAV replace the Jeep MG and all seems to work very well.

But as soon as i try to use cpp2bin to get the config in a .bin (as i don't use the complete config.cpp i need to have it in .bin to avoid the handgun problem) form i have the exact same error message .

I don't understand what can be the error, and unfortunately as you use the E:ECP config as a basis (and not the BIS complete config) you will need to have a bin version of it , and after testing several things (transforming the "true" in 0 , making the weapon and ammo default Browning etc...) i can't find a solution sorry.

If you find no solution , my only suggestion would be to redo your config work from scratch using the complete config you can find here , at least this one does not need to be put in .bin version for a bug free usage.

But you will have to put the ECP eventhandlers yourself in the config, as this complete config is only using BIS settings.

You've got a comment in your JeepMG class wich is the wrong format

From the cpp2bin readme:

Quote[/b] ]

It ignores comments in source only if its after // - double slash. Comments

closed in /* */ are wrong.

simply delete this part and it works fine

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

/* Animation class end */

or if you think you need that comment just put the double slash infront.

Always a pleasure to help, Locke@Germany.  wink_o.gif