Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Shortly after the next ECP release.

so does anyone then have any clue on when the next ecp will be out.

Also i nice thing to do with the new eecp if there will be one is to make an installer for it like ecp and y2k3 have wich just installs all necesary addons, config files, dta files, ecp core and all the dynamic range sound pbo's to save us having to download every single addon and when i was doing that i always had an error on a few downloads and couldnt find acorrect file until a few days later plaus it will save time.

Quote[/b] ]With more details I might be able to offer some suggestions

Okay i ecp core then eecp and started downloading all the addons there now all in my @ecp addons folder.

I then downloaded the config files, effects and so on it to the right place.

then i added " -nosplash -mod=@ecp -mod=@SANCANIM" that into the end of my ecp shortcut '@SNACCANIM' is santuarys animation pack that i use (the sound problem apeared before using this.

So when i first played it it all worked fine all missions loaded no error messaged apart from one ut i have that on original ofp

The error is "No entry 'config.bin/CFGWeapons.FLPM4A1S"

then after i havent played it for a few days and went to play eecp again i loaded it up and relised that the sound has gone i was wondering if it was my speakers but nope didnt work.

I then reinstall all the config files and other things apart from the addons still didnt work.

Then i thought i will reinstall the whole thing so i deleted the whole exitstance of ecp and eecp off my computer andreinstalled all adons the edp core and so on then when i went to play it this time it worked then the same problem happened again after a few days of not playing it.

Hope this can help you think of any sugestions Also it might be the sound files so would it be possible to play eecp with a sound mod i have installed

funny you should say that about an installer, i sent a PM to Kurayami about it, i made one for the clan i am in for the current version of EECP that installs all the needed addons, configs and shortcuts all within clicking next a couple of times.

Did you now Phil? Bloody hell! No one has said, send it over and I'll host it so that everyone can use it. biggrin_o.gif

Wait till I see the others... wink_o.gif

yh and be as quick as you can cause iv started to download all the addons and its taking a while so when would it be up

And also if there was to be a new release a few of the units should be changed like the black op's they dont where black they were a dark camo wich is rather un realistic and another great idea woulod be an eecp custom animation pack.

And y2k3 has like a life vest for pilots so if they have to bail out over the sea they can swim to shore but im sore eecp doesnt have this

Well the installer is 301mb, as it does contain everything you need.

It will take sometime, as I can only go as fast as Philly's upload and then after that I'll have to upload it to my server.. before y'all can download it!

biggrin_o.gif

so that includes all the files like the ecp core or just all the eec stuff thats needed plus i got confused with the dynamic sound config i overwrite that with the eecp one so its only the eecp config not the sound one so could that be the problem

I'm having a problem with the current release of EECP.

I did a clean reinstall, installing all my addons again, including EECP. Whenever I get to the menu in OFP, it has some error about not finding the DisplayNameMagazine of the M16GrenadeLauncher.

It's probably conflicting with an addon, but I have no idea which. If anyone could save me the time of going through each individual addon...

I just went over my stringtable and the pertinent parts of the config and couldn't see anything that should cause it.

From my stringtable.csv:

Quote[/b] ]STR_DN_EECP_M16203,M16A4/M203,M16A4/M203,M16A4/M203

STR_DN_EECP_M203,M203 Grenade Launcher,Lance-grenades M203,M203 Granatwerfer

STR_MN_EECP_M203,M433 HEDP 40mm Grenade,Grenade HEDP 40mm,M433 HEDP 40mm Granate

From the config:

Quote[/b] ] class M16GrenadeLauncher

{

displayName="$STR_DN_EECP_M16203";

Quote[/b] ] class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher

{

displayName="$STR_DN_EECP_M203";

Quote[/b] ] class EECP_M203_Launcher : grenadelauncher

{

displayName="$STR_DN_EECP_M203";

displayNameMagazine="$STR_MN_EECP_M203";

shortNameMagazine="$STR_MN_EECP_M203";

Those are all the references to strings as far as the M16/M203 is concerned (M16Muzzle in the M16GrenadeLauncher class inherits its name strings from the M16 class, but those check out as well.)

About the only other possibility that I can think of is that you're using an outdated version of EECP_RSC.pbo (though I'm not sure offhand if that would be an error related to the class name or string name.) Grab the latest core and try replacing the one you're currently using just to be sure.

If that doesn't work, try running OFP without EECP and playing a mission that uses the M16/M203. If you still get the error, you'll know it's caused by something else. If you don't, then it would appear to be an odd conflict.

If you still get it after trying those two things, maybe give me a list of whatever addons you're using that you know contain M16s. I'll take a look at them.

I found the conflicting addon. It's Laser's Delta and Rangers pack. I can do without it for now.

Thanks for your help. smile_o.gif

so that includes all the files like the ecp core or just all the eec stuff thats needed plus i got confused with the dynamic sound config i overwrite that with the eecp one so its only the eecp config not the sound one so could that be the problem

it includes everything the orginial read me tells you to download.

Core, Dynamic Range and all the addons. everything you need.

it baiscly dose what the read me file tells you to do but in a couple of clicks.

conflict found

there is a conflict with the LSR delta rangers addon and EECP, will cause a config weapons m16grenadelauncher error when on the main menu.

great going t download tomororwwhen ive got a fesh daownload limit

so does anyone then have any clue on when the next ecp will be out.

Before too terribly long.

Quote[/b] ]So when i first played it it all worked fine all missions loaded no error messaged apart from one ut i have that on original ofp

That sounds like an issue with something else. I don't use that class.

Does anybody know what addon that might be? I'm not familiar with it.

Quote[/b] ]Hope this can help you think of any sugestions Also it might be the sound files so would it be possible to play eecp with a sound mod i have installed
I'm not really sure what to tell you. I can't see that you're doing anything wrong, but this is something that has never been reported outside of bad Dynamic Range installs. Something must be up somewhere, though.

You can't use another sound mod because the sounds in the config point towards the DR pbos. If they are installed, then there shouldn't be any problems.

I found the conflicting addon. It's Laser's Delta and Rangers pack. I can do without it for now.

Thanks for your help. smile_o.gif

Noted. I will take a look at it for the next update. I'll try to see if there's any obvious reason that this happens and if there's a way to fix it on my side.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]So when i first played it it all worked fine all missions loaded no error messaged apart from one ut i have that on original ofp

That sounds like an issue with something else. I don't use that class.

Does anybody know what addon that might be? I'm not familiar with it.

From the name it sounds like Flipper's M4 pack

An addon from the old time.

thankyou for that i think your right i knew it was talking about an m4a1 silenced that was it im going to reinstall it now

ceers

How about a link anyone i cant find it

How would you guys like an actual update? It has been a while.

This one should make a lot of people happy.

I'm in the process of getting things together for an official EECP installer. I already have the backing of RHS and CBT for this (and CSLA by way of their generous offer to allow me to include their models in my own PBOs,) so I'm just waiting on a few other groups. This installer will include up-to-date versions of everything and will periodically be updated.

There will most likely be a secondary installer for the EECP core, which would include things such as Dynamic Range and "Things That Cannot be Mentioned... Yet" just to simplify the install process for people.

I've also dispatched emails and PMs to several modders in the hopes of getting permission to borrow some of their models in much the same way that CSLA has allowed me to do. Considering that I only use a few models from certain required addon packs, this should help cut down download sizes significantly (by about 42MB as things currently stand.)

As for changes to the config itself...

Well... Let's just say that I hope everyone likes highly mobile infantry units frequently attached to APCs or lightly armored vehicles and the Glavnoye Razvedovatel'noye Upravlenie.

Sabots dont explode, you can take out an m1a1 with 1 sabot and if u fire just next to a unit it will not kill them unless its a difrect hit.

I do use my settings on high and i'm tryed it on normall but still the same.

bug or my problem?

Sabboted rounds shouldn't be exploding. While I don't have 0.44 installed to test at the moment, I do know that they didn't explode in past versions.

If you mean that they explode on contact with an object other than the ground, then I do know about that. I haven't worked out a fix for that.

What round are you specifically encountering this problem with? I'll check the config.

I know this isn't the topic to cry for help, but I often have the same problem, even when I'm running a clean-OFP. It usually occurs with custom tanks like Sigma's old tank pack (which is often used in total conversion mods like this one; to replace some of the Russian tanks) and sometimes with King Homer's M1A2 SEP.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but this is the first time I've seen someone else with my problem.

A sabot not exploding isn't a bug. In real life a sabot is just a shard of metal. Theres nothing to explode in it. BIS were incorrect when they placed explosive sabots in the original game.

apfsds.jpg

HEAT rounds are explosive, however. Hope that helps smile_o.gif

thats what i thought, but it is nice to have it exploding wow_o.gif

but still, managing to take an m1a1 out with 1 shot from another m1a1? crazy_o.gif

hnagon if the sabot round doesnt explode why would the M1A1 explode wouldnt the armour just kind of crush and everyone inside be crushed to death and yh its nice to have it to explode but ofp's about realism but if you seriously want it to explode add a grenade round to the sabot and yh with one shot to destroy a tank atleast make it 3 or 4