Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

I know it would probably be a pain in the A** to release an alternative with BIS heads (had a go with LSR's V2 Rangers and head substituting - I may know my configs - a bit - but I quickly discovered I Ain't a modeller  sad_o.gif

I also think it would be great if their was a bis head version of this brilliant addon! The new acu units are brilliant.I have replaced most of my west unit's in my own custom mod replacment and have added the line-this exec {\facestex2\basefaces.sqs}; to their event handler.I have also added the class animations-class Fset

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.01;

selection="Fset1";

axis="Fset2";

angle0=0;

angle1=1;

}

}   Ok they work fine apart from when their is a unit in a tank or apc,then the units face is screwed up until i order him to dismount then get back in,then his face is ok with the fasetex head! I havn't changed my helicopter pilot that is still lsr one with old bis head and that face is always screwed up no matter what i do.I havn't altered this units event handler ect! To cut a long story short the lumminas head is good, but is to buggy implementing it to a conversion config! It would be fantastic to see bis head version!

sigym7.jpg

is there anyway to make these new units ECP compatible ...? iam using an ecp slx mod with the fantastic cameron macdonald dsai extention but the units will not talk at all , btw i ask because i think these units are fantastic really great texture work , the best out there in my opinion,

Great Work HYK. Love the new units man, nice to see your still working on them.

I've been reading the posts about the Llauma heads, I too would like too see BIS heads back, there are already a wide array of US units using the Llauma head, and it ain't multiplayer friendly.

Quote[/b] ]Ok they work fine apart from when their is a unit in a tank or apc,then the units face is screwed up until i order him to dismount then get back in

I also experienced this problem, With my config (tried FP US infantry).

Quote[/b] ]I havn't changed my helicopter pilot that is still lsr one with old bis head and that face is always screwed up no matter what i do.I havn't altered this units event handler ect!

This is because the US pilot calls in eventHandlers from the Basic US soldier (unless there is already a init EH for the pilot). Try this on the pilot EH.

Class EventHandlers {}; = This will call in no EH's what so ever.

HAHAHA Awesome Time to kill some RHS infantrymen...

Very coooool addons hyk.

guess i can hold up a little bit until 505 releases AA!

much thks hyk!!

@Big roony,thank's fella for getting me to look at the event handler of my pilot! Don't know how this happened but with all the copying and pasting implementing these new unit's the event handler for my pilot vanished crazy_o.gif Anyhow thank's to you i've put it back. Now alls fine and dandy(at least with my pilot) biggrin_o.gif

sigym7.jpg

I love HYK units and have been using them for a long time. Also glad to see HYK add the ACU's. However, there are a large number of faults with the ACU texture.

How do I know...Well, I wear them everyday, so that might explain it.

Color - The color is wrong. ACU's arent grey. They're tan with two shades of green. The early experimental versions were grey, not the ones we wear today.

Ammo Pouches - We're issued ACU pattern ammo pouches with Molle gear. No more camoflauge pattern.

Camelback - Black or ACU pattern camelbacks OR MAYBE green (but rarely). Also the Army issues the Camelback MULE, not what HYK modelled.

Arm Patches - The US flag should be on the flap of the arm pocket. Not on the patch part. Also, all soldiers wear a unit patch on their left arm, with a combat patch on their right (if you've been in combat, that is).

Aside from that the texture iteself is very high quality and I'm impressed at the amount of detail put into the models. Good job, HYK, but would love to see you come through with the historical accuracies of the unit.

I can send you photos of my uniform for a reference if you'd like, or if you need a better understanding of the uniform layout. I also have tanker Nomex uniforms if you'd like (unfortunately NOT the ACU pattern ones....yet).

-LT

Amazing work as usual HYK! But i'm having the same problem as Blazin sad_o.gif - i cant use team leader or machinegunner because of this stupid .model error.... Can any1 help?

Amazing work as usual HYK! But i'm having the same problem as Blazin  sad_o.gif - i cant use team leader or machinegunner because of this stupid .model error.... Can any1 help?

Have you got the VERY LATEST version of Laser's Weapons Pack? It might be you have an older version of the weapons pack, and that the newest version has newer (extra) classes that HYK's units need.

I love HYK units and have been using them for a long time. Also glad to see HYK add the ACU's. However, there are a large number of faults with the ACU texture.

Color - The color is wrong. ACU's arent grey. They're tan with two shades of green. The early experimental versions were grey, not the ones we wear today.

Ammo Pouches - We're issued ACU pattern ammo pouches with Molle gear. No more camoflauge pattern.

Camelback - Black or ACU pattern camelbacks OR MAYBE green (but rarely). Also the Army issues the Camelback MULE, not what HYK modelled.

Arm Patches - The US flag should be on the flap of the arm pocket. Not on the patch part. Also, all soldiers wear a unit patch on their left arm, with a combat patch on their right (if you've been in combat, that is).

Aside from that the texture iteself is very high quality and I'm impressed at the amount of detail put into the models. Good job, HYK, but would love to see you come through with the historical accuracies of the unit.

I can send you photos of my uniform for a reference if you'd like, or if you need a better understanding of the uniform layout. I also have tanker Nomex uniforms if you'd like (unfortunately NOT the ACU pattern ones....yet).

-LT

Welcome, Mike. Always nice to have a vet who knows what they're talking about here. smile_o.gif

Where do you get we are all issued the MULE? That is not accurate at all, it just depends on what unit you're in... I'm guessing you're not an 11B

Quote[/b] ]Have you got the VERY LATEST version of Laser's Weapons Pack? It might be you have an older version of the weapons pack, and that the newest version has newer (extra) classes that HYK's units need.

Thats right, thx alot Jackal notworthy.gif

Now im finally able to enjoy the new ACUs in full throttle yay.gif

Where do you get we are all issued the MULE? That is not accurate at all, it just depends on what unit you're in... I'm guessing you're not an 11B

Actually I was issued one at Benning, and a friend of mine was issued one at Carson.

He's 11B and I'm 19A.

[quote name=I love HYK units and have been using them for a long time. Also glad to see HYK add the ACU's. However' date=' there are a large number of faults with the ACU texture.

Color - The color is wrong. ACU's arent grey. They're tan with two shades of green. The early experimental versions were grey, not the ones we wear today.[/quote]

Need I say anymore about the ACU pattern. Thank You MikeAP smile_o.gif

Just to state that according to information I have found, there is green in the pattern. I'm not an expert at all but I did run into this info a while back ('official' colour names):

Universal Camo

[*]Desert Sand 500 in the pattern or Sand 503 solid shade fabric

[*]Urban Gray 501 in the pattern or Urban Gray 505 solid shade fabric

[*]Foliage Green 502 in the pattern or Foliage Green 504 solid shade fabric)

It's from: MilitaryMorons.com (in the camouflage section).

I know there are more detailed information on the net but just thought I'd help. Not sure this is up to date or if there have been refinements to the Universal Camouflage Pattern it self.

xmas_o.gif

Edit: Edited for clarity

Not an expert at all but I did run into this info a while back:

Universal Camo

[*]Desert Sand 500 in the pattern or Sand 503 solid shade fabric

[*]Urban Gray 501 in the pattern or Urban Gray 505 solid shade fabric

[*]Foliage Green 502 in the pattern or Foliage Green 504 solid shade fabric)

It's from: MilitaryMorons.com (in the camouflage section).

I know there are more detailed information on the net but just thought I'd help. Not sure this is up to date or if there have been refinements to the Universal Camouflage Pattern it self.

xmas_o.gif

....Ok, well I just told you I wear the uniform every day. If you'd rather base your information off MilitaryMorons.com, than a first hand source thats fine. Just giving my two cents here.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not implying that my information is in anyway better than your first hand knowledge. Just trying to high light the fact that there is green involved in the print and the 'official' name of the colours used. I am all for using first hand information from the 'horses mouth' so to speak. Just tried to help with a little information I found on the net. Like I mentioned above the information might not be up to date and there might be better information out there, but I am still learning about the camouflage scheme and still have a lot to learn.

I have been searching for information on ACU:UCP tests to see it's effectiveness and particularly pictures of ACU:UCP in different environments under different conditions, though with little success at the moment. As I am not a serving US soldier like yourself, I have not been able to see the effectiveness of such a pattern in action. Hence I found Military morons (which though not scientific tries to apply test to products and come up with interesting conclusions).

I understand that you are able to post information and pictures about your ACU:UCP kit. Though I would love to see close up pictures of this in action (i.e. dirty, wet, and in actual action (ooh er missus!!! )) I doubt you would be able to supply the same pictures of the same image from different distances, something that would be very hard to do outside of it being staged in some way in controlled settings. My search and research continues.

No offence or insult to your experience was intended.

xmas_o.gif

I can do that. Give me a day on it. I have a wad of photos sitting around. I'm extremely busy today, but I'll do my best to get them uploaded before I leave for exodus leave this weekend.

I have photos of ACU's dirty, wet, dry, faded, etc. Will get them uploaded.

-LT

Are you critising or suggesting, because it looks like HYK spent alot of time doing this.