Sign in to follow this  
stu

Some c&c stuff

I've allways loved the tiberium story line and thats why i wanted to make a C&C mod.

And why i chose OFP cos of the size of the maps & units to play with plus the civilian element.

I've seen the c&c stuff on ofp.info is that mod still going.?

it looks like thay where doing a Renegade style mod.

Great to hear that you are still working on that project, stu!  smile_o.gif

Very nice models ... Keep it on!

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Woah, that sure brings back memories. C&C was how I fell in love with computer gaming in the first place, and I really loved the tiberian series (Kane, anyone?).

The recon bike was my fave unit. I think you can add rockets to a bike using PSY MCAR's method. That should work.

Thanks for comments

Yeah still working on it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]newiy Posted on Oct. 21 2004,03:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The recon bike was my fave unit. I think you can add rockets to a bike using PSY MCAR's method. That should work.

Hey newiy thanks for the idea.

Small update.

Power Plant

Advanced Guard Tower

I've also gave my site a facelift

I actually did like Tiberian Dawn the best. I loved playing that on my 486 back in the day. The units were a bit more believable also. I remember from the cut scenes and stuff what they based their units off of.

(Some of these have been mentioned before)

GDI:

Medium Tank: M1 Abrams

Hummer: Hummer (duh)

APC: M113

Air Strike: A10s With napalm

Transport Chopper: CH47 Chinook

NOD:

Light Tank: M2 Bradley

Buggy: Marine FAV (Is that what they're called?)

Apache: Apache (duh again)

The plane that dropped off their newly bought vehicles at the runway: C5 Galaxy

I also remember a cutscene in the NOD campaign when you lost one of the missions that showed a soldier from each side. In it a NOD soldier (urban tiger stripe cammo with a boonie hat) is walking along when all the sudden a GDI soldier pops out (Gulf War era chocolate chip pattern desert camouflage )and fires three shots into him with what appeared to be a M16. Maybe that'll help you out with deciding the uniforms and weapons.

I had the original version of the game and the gold windows 95 version later. Each book if I recall differed on the Riflemans weapon. They original one said they had a 5.56mm Mini gun (that's absurd) the gold edition simply said 5.56mm rifle. What ever you choose, GDI should get the modern gun (M8 if you choose). Reason being NOD bought all their weapons cheap off the black market and went for quantity over quality.

I like c&c (mostly red alert since i love it and my story line for linking everything is, red alert "the alternativ wwii". kane takes over the russian stuff, the allies sees the need for a GDI group and kane has his Nod, this is when TD starts, and TS contine.. then EA (electronic arts) comes in and ruin everything with RA2 that had great gameplay but really shouldn't be anything with c&c..

also don't like the fact of a red alert mod, td whatever if they are more focus on "m16, desert units, m1a1" i mean it gets more a of desert storm "feeling" somehow.

and then i wasn't sure if i should make like blue and red soldiers (like you see it in red alert) or make like you see them in the cutscenes..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....mod.jpg

did some building as a sideproject one day (mostly made some small config and the ones that was already made)

would like to help, but can't really now (too busy), but if you want the service depot (tricky model i know ;) ) you can have it, or the radar dome what ever..

I think the Red Alert blue and red thing would be more unique since we already have guys in the real camo.

uhm guys there is already a c+c MOD, its about Tiberian Sun, STU you could ask the leader if you can work there im just texturer (look sig)

gimme a PM if youre interested, then ill give you the mail and hompage

greetz

A bit OT but anyway: I think some units from the Generals series would be interesting too.

build a kirov airship

Good idea. Make them huge and give them 20 bombs, twice as powerful as the LGB's.

Hey all

The only reference material i've got is from the cut scenes & manual.

Thats what i've been baseing my models on.

Quote[/b] ] Sputnik Monroe Posted on Oct. 26 2004,19:58

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually did like Tiberian Dawn the best. I loved playing that on my 486 back in the day. The units were a bit more believable also. I remember from the cut scenes and stuff what they based their units off of.

(Some of these have been mentioned before)

GDI:

Medium Tank: M1 Abrams

Hummer: Hummer (duh)

APC: M113

Air Strike: A10s With napalm

Transport Chopper: CH47 Chinook

NOD:

Light Tank: M2 Bradley

Buggy: Marine FAV (Is that what they're called?)

Apache: Apache (duh again)

The plane that dropped off their newly bought vehicles at the runway: C5 Galaxy

Yeah i was thinking of using some of thous Thanks for the ideas.

Sorry to thous that want Red Alert units but i'm only sicking to Tiberian dawn units.

Quote[/b] ] .granQ. Posted on Oct. 28 2004,00:02

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....mod.jpg

did some building as a sideproject one day (mostly made some small config and the ones that was already made)

would like to help, but can't really now (too busy), but if you want the service depot (tricky model i know ;) ) you can have it, or the radar dome what ever..

Yeah i did'ent like RA2 much.

Thanks for the offer Nice models i'd like  service depot if you don't mind i'll give full credit if i use it.

Quote[/b] ] Ville-Valo666 Posted on Oct. 28 2004,09:08

gimme a PM if youre interested, then ill give you the mail and hompage

I did'ent know there was a c&c mod i'd seen some models that looked like they where for a C&C Renegade mod on ofp.info.

Nothing personal, but im convinced this mod will die out as quick as it started.. look at that other C&C mod for instance.. i havent heard anything new from them for ages

Maybe but even if i'm still working on it when OFP2 comes out i'll just convert it for ofp2.

I'll not stop working on it even if it's just me. cos i in joy it to much & put to much time on it to just give up. smile_o.gif

I'll not stop working on it even if it's just me. cos i in joy it to much & put to much time on it to just give up. smile_o.gif

thats the spirit m8 smile_o.gif

Small update.

GDI Power plant by: ILkhankane

NOD Flame Tank

GDI Orca

powerplant3.jpg

powerplant2.jpg

FTank2.jpg

FT.jpg

orca3.jpg

would anyone  like to join or help me on the mod, even if it's just alittle help like finding reference material or helping with configs, scripts, textures

any help would be graet. Right now it's just me and ILkhankane working on the models.

Thanks for offering to help. If you can do basic configs that would help alot, as it is i'm spending days on the one config, where as i'd like to spend more on modeling. smile_o.gif

Also thanks for the link, although i can't access the mod teams site, the pictures of the Flame Tank, Recon Bike, Harvester, Mammoth Tank, will come in handy for reference material.

have you got a contact e-mail.?

you might want to contact Sole.

He has a great-looking Orca. It's far from finished, but perhaps he's willing to donate it to you to finish it.

Stuff is looking very nice

I think the laser isn't impossible , i have a ufo wich fires some blue laser rounds biggrin_o.gif Hey if you need mission ideas or missions made i could be willing to make some, but i can't do any fancy cutscenes or write any super cool scripts but there are some really good stuff out there at ofpec site for mission editors to use smile_o.gif

For an Obolisk laser you could make a loooooooooooooooooong red muzzel flash.

That way when it fires, the muzzel flashes which follows the

bullet to the target. wink_o.gif BTW nice looking stuff, keep up the

good work.

Thanks for comments all

Quote[/b] ]Cpt. FrostBite Posted on Dec. 02 2004,14:15

you might want to contact Sole.

He has a great-looking Orca. It's far from finished, but perhaps he's willing to donate it to you to finish it.

Stuff is looking very nice

Sole gave me his Orca ages ago i've been using it as reference, he did give me permission to use it.

I don't know if i should use it or not.  His is way better looking than my one  smile_o.gif  If i do use sole's ofcours i'll give sole full credit.

Quote[/b] ]Commando84 Posted on Dec. 02 2004,14:25

I think the laser isn't impossible , i have a ufo wich fires some blue laser rounds   Hey if you need mission ideas or missions made i could be willing to make some, but i can't do any fancy cutscenes or write any super cool scripts but there are some really good stuff out there at ofpec site for mission editors to use  

Hey Commando84 id be interested in taking a look at that ufo addon if thats ok?  Also be great if you would like to join the mod as mission designer, although we're not ready for mission just yet, But we do have a map thanks to ILkhankane.

If you've got any mission ideas id sure like to hear them, and as you said theres lots of fancy and cool scripts and stuff at ofpec site.

Quote[/b] ]Drill Sergeant Posted on Dec. 02 2004,14:31

For an Obolisk laser you could make a loooooooooooooooooong red muzzel flash.

That way when it fires, the muzzel flashes which follows the

bullet to the target.   BTW nice looking stuff, keep up the

good work.

Thanks for the idea i'll have a play about with the muzzel flash and see how it looks.

I've  redesigned the obelisks heres some pictures.

ob2.jpg

ob1.jpg

Small update

Orca by: sole

Con yard by: ILkhankane

orca8.jpg

orca6.jpg

conyard1.jpg

coninside.jpg