Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Bible code? i'm sorta alarmed

Hmm to get back on 2012... Isnt somewhere around  may 2012 the date that all the planets in our solar system are aligned? I could be way off here ,but i recall something about that date period. Somebody with an astronomy program care to check?

Bad astronomy. tounge_o.gif

Hmm to get back on 2012... Isnt somewhere around  may 2012 the date that all the planets in our solar system are aligned? I could be way off here ,but i recall something about that date period. Somebody with an astronomy program care to check?

inner.jpg

outer.jpg

A good read smile_o.gif

Planetary Alignments in 2000

Quote[/b] ]The planets align in May, 2000, and the world will end – or so many people will say. Anyone involved in educating the public about astronomy will be involved. It will be the Jupiter Effect and Nostradamus all over again, but on a global scale. These planetary alignments will be, for many people, the most significant astronomical event of the next decade.

Theres a american (of course) guy who has devoted quite some time on the matter of bible an dinosaurs, evolution and such stuff. Im not saying he is right in everything, but he do have a few good ones

Dr Dino

dont come and kill me if you find something wrong in there smile_o.gif

[edit] ehh... strikes me that Im pulling the tread off topic again, sorry smile_o.gif

Hmm i have heard so many "the world is ending in <insert date already past>" things, that i dont believe any of them anymore

Hmm i have heard so many "the world is ending in <insert date already past>" things, that i dont believe any of them anymore

So................................. which ones did you believe until now? rock.gif

im gona guess its the same people who said that the world was comming to a end in 2000. so im going w/ BS

no, that was nostradamus

True Christians know that no one knows when the end times are comeing. Jesus even said that not even he knew when the end time comes. But if you read the bible in Mathew you will see the signs to watch for.

The end of the world,it's funny anyone cares imho.

When it ends,everything should be gone,destroyed,undone,kaput.

There will be none to mourn the death of you or your loved ones,none to witness the destruction and the carnage (for long),because everything and everyone will be gone.

It'll most likely be inevitable,and if it isn't,we'll need a real,scientific warning (like knowing that a meteor is on a crash course with earth in _months) to do something about it,prayer will not make the end of the world avoidable.

So there is really no reason to be concerned about these matters,it'll come when it comes,and we'll have little to say in the matter.

Oh,and please,don't start about living a 'proper' life to be granted acces to 'heaven' when 'the day of judgement' comes *heavily emphasises the quotation marks*

Imho,the idea of 'heaven' and 'hell' was just a tool to get people to accept their miserable peasant lives and not question the authority of the church and the aristocracy (who handily were direct descendants of god,or appointed by divine right) =dark ages,the past,dated ideas

But that's just my opinion,being the ignorant heathen  smile_o.gif

Jesus is coming back soon, and sooner then we think! It is true we don't know when and we will never know. It is meant for us not to know. Now the 2012 thing that probaly isn't true. But let me tell you all, Jesus is coming, and the question is are you prepared? If not you should prepere for him. He wants you to accept him in your heart, will you? rock.gif

Jesus is coming back soon, and sooner then we think! It is true we don't know when and we will never know. It is meant for us not to know. Now the 2012 thing that probaly isn't true. But let me tell you all, Jesus is coming, and the question is are you prepared? If not you should prepere for him. He wants you to accept him in your heart, will you?  rock.gif

Stop preaching please - I'm certainly not waiting for him!

mad_o.gif

And we evil agnostics will burn in a fiery lake reserved for infidels and sinners, oh well.

And we evil agnostics will burn in a fiery lake reserved for infidels and sinners, oh well.

hehe..........I'm still looking forwar to Mel Gibson's new film about the last hours of Jesus Christ though.

smile_o.gif

I guess he's already doomed in the eyes of many christian americans sad_o.gif

Jesus is coming back soon, and sooner then we think! It is true we don't know when and we will never know. It is meant for us not to know. Now the 2012 thing that probaly isn't true. But let me tell you all, Jesus is coming, and the question is are you prepared? If not you should prepere for him. He wants you to accept him in your heart, will you? rock.gif

Jesus tells his disciples that he will return before they can "go over the cities of Israel." Later (24:14) he says he will not come until the gospel is preached throughout the world. Well, his disciples went over the cities of Israel and then died waiting for the "return of the Lord." Now, nearly 2000 years later, and long after the gospel had been preached throughout the world, his followers still wait (matthew 10:23)

Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. 16:28

Jesus predicts the end of the world within the lifetime of his listeners. (matt23:36) (Mark 9:1)

Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, and stars, etc.) will occur within the within the lifetime of his listeners. (luke 21:32)

Cut the bible bullshit please, its a load of nonsense.

ROFLMAO! biggrin_o.gif Do you know how ridiculous you sound, please tell me you were being sarcastic!

The reason why I don't believe in the code is that for starters the author of the bible was not mastered by Jesus it was founded futher in the AD times well past Jesus's death and yet I'm not christan I would believe it because we are taught that all religions are the same and god has put us in different religions and places.

I don't know who wrote the bible but if Jesus has written the bible and fortold the future I would believe him.

I posted somewhere else and someone showed me some weird stuff about some planet "nibiru" causing cataclysmic things in the year 2012 too. Why is it always 2012?

http://www.apollonius.net/nibiru.html

Read Here

Of course its "always" in 2012 if you happen to pay special attention to that specific year.

So................................. which ones did you believe until now? rock.gif

None of them. Im Agnostic, so......none of the religious ones hold anything for me, and if the end of the world IS coming theres not exactly anything i can do anyway....

looky looky, a fun thread! wow_o.gif who woulda thought?

let me chip in:

the author of the bible code just wants to sell paper. his theories are not credible. he mentions every other character of history - even hitler, clinton, etc. - but never the central one of the bible: Jesus Christ. what does the bible code say about him? I for one wouldn't mind knowing.

the bible code attempts to read between the lines.

why not just read the book as is? rock.gif

the first three chapters of genesis don't discuss the scientific ramifications of creation in detail, because this would be beside the point. the bible deals primarily with sin, the foremost problem of man, and redemption, the solution to this problem.

biblical christianity deals with these points:

God made man good.

man has fallen by his own choice and became bad.

God desired to restore man.

to this end God became man in Jesus.

see Jesus - see God; hear Jesus - hear God; Jesus' acts are God's.

on the cross Jesus took the sin of man upon himself.

the cross was an altar.

Jesus hanging there was a sacrifice.

Jesus died and suffered in the place of sinners.

on the third day Jesus rose phyically from the dead.

everybody who believes this and calls on God to save him receives new life.

the believer is now spiritually born again and God lives in his heart.

when he dies he goes to live with God.

go tell this to all nations.

that in a nutshell is biblical christianity, that's what the book is about.

as to creation:

I believe the world is much older than 6000 years. but I believe God spoke it into existence like he said he did. a major refurbishing happened there several thousand years ago, and as a consequence the globe became hospitable to man.

then man was instituted as the "god" of this world, fell, and since the fall the devil runs the show. ( 2 corinthians 4, 4 ) . until Adam's lease runs out and the outfit defaults back to its original owner: God.

as to dinosaurs:

did men and dinos live side by side? unlikely. but read Job 41. God describes an animal in that chapter which - to me - looks an awful lot like a dinosaur.

...have to go. but I'll come back and say something about prophecy and the end of the world. (hey! send me 100 bucks and I tell you the exact date ;) )

the author of the bible code just wants to sell paper. his theories are not credible. he mentions every other character of history - even hitler, clinton, etc. - but never the central one of the bible: Jesus Christ. what does the bible code say about him? I for one wouldn't mind knowing.

I agree.

Quote[/b] ]

the bible code attempts to read between the lines.

why not just read the book as is? rock.gif

...Because its nonsense, because it's incredibly vague, contradictory and wooly, because there is no consensus on what it means, because it 'needs interpretation' by others (read: have a good spin put on it), because it plain lies on occasion. For starters.

Quote[/b] ]

the first three chapters of genesis don't discuss the scientific ramifications of creation in detail, because this would be beside the point.

They don't discuss the scientific anything at all, because it is a creation myth written by a nomadic tribe several thousand years ago.
Quote[/b] ]

biblical christianity deals with these points:

God made man good.

man has fallen by his own choice and became bad.

God desired to restore man.

to this end God became man in Jesus.

see Jesus - see God; hear Jesus - hear God; Jesus' acts are God's.

on the cross Jesus took the sin of man upon himself.

the cross was an altar.

Jesus hanging there was a sacrifice.

Jesus died and suffered in the place of sinners.

on the third day Jesus rose phyically from the dead.

everybody who believes this and calls on God to save him receives new life.

the believer is now spiritually born again and God lives in his heart.

when he dies he goes to live with God.

go tell this to all nations.

that in a nutshell is biblical christianity, that's what the book is about.

No, this is biblical christianity in a nutshell:

All seeing, all powerful, perfect god creates imperfect humans (!) with his omniscience already knowing what they will do.

Is surprised when they do what he knew they would do. Punishes humans for doing exactly what he knew they would do.

Creates son to solve problem he foresaw already and created in the first place. Kills own son (quite cruelly). Decides problem is now solved. Spends rest of his time manifesting in bakery products in mexico and ignoring prayers for help. Also likes creating tornados and making miracles happen by killing thousands but leaving one human alive, so that rednecks can scream 'ITS A MIRACLE! GAWD SAVED OUR BABY!'

Quote[/b] ]

as to creation:

I believe the world is much older than 6000 years. but I believe God spoke it into existence like he said he did. a major refurbishing happened there several thousand years ago, and as a consequence the globe became hospitable to man.

Which is demonstrably utterly wrong.
Quote[/b] ]

then man was instituted as the "god" of this world, fell, and since the fall the devil runs the show. ( 2 corinthians 4, 4 ) . until Adam's lease runs out and the outfit defaults back to its original owner: God.

as to dinosaurs:

did men and dinos live side by side? unlikely. but read Job 41. God describes an animal in that chapter which - to me - looks an awful lot like a dinosaur.

THE BOOK IS MADE UP.

shhh..... It is what you want to believe, right or wrong. Do not tell some one NO if you believe they are wrong!!! it is rude unkind and unperfessional. Any ways the author over looked the fact that the bible was written buy hundreds of people. *I* believe this guy is full of it or it is satan at work just creating fear and disorder. If what the "in between" the lines scares you do as that dude says and actually read the lines. In revelation I think (i hardly ever go to church) It says the second coming he will come like a thief in the night, a.k.a. ITS A SUPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well thats just my idea.

shhh..... It is what you want to believe, right or wrong. Do not tell some one NO if you believe they are wrong!!! it is rude unkind and unperfessional. Any ways the author over looked the fact that the bible was written buy hundreds of people.

1) I don't believe.

2) The two options are not equally likely. The earth is not flat, no matter what some nutjobs think. The earth was not created in days by an invisible bearded fairy, no matter what some other nutjobs think.

I don't think you get the point. The bible is not true. It is a mythical story, like all the other mythical stories you don't believe in: Roman, Greek, Norse, Hindu stories of creation/ gods/ etc.

Sheeeesh why is everybody so worried? You know, no matter what, one day we'll all be dead... All the time we spend thinking about that... is WASTED time smile_o.gif

Oh and i wouldn't mind if everybody would believe that we'd all be dead in 2012... Hell... that'd be a great excuse for me to quit school, get drunk, have fun, enjoy girls,... well... actually it would be a great excuse to do whatever i like doing!!!

Come on, it's not like my parents would say: No no nooo, you have to study well during the last 8 years of your life...

HAH!

I vote for armageddon!!!!