Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Bible code? i'm sorta alarmed

Sheeeesh why is everybody so worried? You know, no matter what, one day we'll all be dead... All the time we spend thinking about that... is WASTED time smile_o.gif

Oh and i wouldn't mind if everybody would believe that we'd all be dead in 2012... Hell... that'd be a great excuse for me to quit school, get drunk, have fun, enjoy girls,... well... actually it would be a great excuse to do whatever i like doing!!!

Come on, it's not like my parents would say: No no nooo, you have to study well during the last 8 years of your life...

HAH!

I vote for armageddon!!!!

That's the spirit! biggrin_o.gif

where in the bible does it say a bearded man made the earth and when in the bible did it say that one day was 24 hours? Hmmmm.... nowhere. You can believe what you want and you have no place telling somone its not true in any way. That may be your belief, good for you, this is mine. I respect your idea and maybe your right, but dont spit words out before you can back it up. Tell me where in the bible it says a day consisted of 24 hours and that god was a bearded man. Also theres even theories suggesting a greater power had to initiate the "big bang" that created us, so whos to say "god" didnt make that happen. See man your too over spoken sit back and learn something it might do you some good, and for pete's sake learn some manners and respect. You know no better than me and I no better than you, i repect that how bout you.

Let's see.

I believe in the Norse mythology, when the day of judgement comes, I will descend from Valhalla and fight alongside the gods.

But first I have to die an honorable death of course.

You can read up on the armageddon theories from every religion out there,in practice or not.

This all teaches you one thing, religions come and go, catholicism or anything else is still nothing more than a glorified sect.

If you worry about the things in a book that is thousands of years old, you're just wasting your time.

Hell, if I had meant what I said in the first paragraph, everyone would probably label me 'freak'.

Why is it that religions are labeled like this, believing in heaven is okay, but believing in valhalla or the elysian fields is not?

Criticizing people believing in the first is very,very wrong, because everyone can believe what they want, but people who believe in the second or the third are just freaks, pagans if you will.

Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

these forums will be long gone by then, maybe we will have OFP 5 by then with islands the size of the US and... and.... sexy looking animations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till 2012!!!!!!!!! and frissbe what the hell are you talking about?

las to creation:

I believe the world is much older than 6000 years. but I believe God spoke it into existence like he said he did. a major refurbishing happened there several thousand years ago, and as a consequence the globe became hospitable to man.

I believe God farted it into existence. Genesis should be rewritten to say:

After a week of feasting on souls, God had some serious gas. He couldn't hold it anymore and *BAAAAAAARRRRPPPP* all the trapped souls came flying out and landed here on Earth. The force was so strong, God himself was propelled out of the universe, never to be seen again, leaving mankind all alone and wondering what happened.

Not a very glorious beginning for mankind, is it? No wonder most religions try to portray it as something more noble than that.

We've already found human fossils far older than 6,000 years, btw.

where in the bible does it say a bearded man made the earth and when in the bible did it say that one day was 24 hours? Hmmmm.... nowhere. You can believe what you want and you have no place telling somone its not true in any way. That may be your belief, good for you, this is mine. I respect your idea and maybe your right, but dont spit words out before you can back it up. Tell me where in the bible it says a day consisted of 24 hours and that god was a bearded man. Also theres even theories suggesting a greater power had to initiate the "big bang" that created us, so whos to say "god" didnt make that happen. See man your too over spoken sit back and learn something it might do you some good, and for pete's sake learn some manners and respect. You know no better than me and I no better than you, i repect that how bout you.

The bible is demonstrably wrong. No matter what the period of time is 'reinterpreted'* to mean, the sequence of events is in completely the wrong order. There are thousands if not millions of contradictions in a book supposedly written by or inspired by a perfect omniscient god. Do you not see the problem there?

There are no theories suggesting (a) god made the big bang.

To be a theory, something needs to be

Quote[/b] ]A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted
. Its not a theory.

I don't 'believe' anything the way you are using the word.

There is no reason to give ludicrous nonsense respect it does not deserve. That includes such ideas as the moon being made of green cheese, the earth being flat, gravity fairies and divine creation.

*changed once the church elders figure out it is wrong

There are no theories suggesting (a) god made the big bang.

To be a theory, something needs to be

Quote[/b] ]A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted
.   Its not a theory.

I don't 'believe' anything the way you are using the word.  

There is no reason to give ludicrous nonsense respect it does not deserve.  That includes such ideas as the moon being made of green cheese, the earth being flat, gravity fairies and divine creation.

A set of statements or principles?

And who is to make those statements?

And why is the big bang "widely accepted"? Im sure it wasnt when that theory first was created.

And how do you repeatedly test the big bang or how god started the big bang?

Im sorry, but the post of yours doesnt come up with much useful info in my opinion

The big bang is just something that some person created in order to explain something he did not understand. There is absolutely NO WAY to prove the big bang in a scientifical way. So the "science" sort of proves it self wrong in that aspect.

That leaves just a theory, which I cant see would be any better than any other religion.

My point is, it is not possible to prove a start of the universe, it all comes down to belief and faith.

About god and time: God created us in his image, so I would assume he looks somewhat like us. With or withour beard smile_o.gif

In the bible it says that for god a day is like a thousand years and thousand years is like a day (or something). I think that simply means time doesnt matter to god. In other words, the 7 days of the creation could just be a way of describing how he created things in a specified sequence. (<-- you get my point, my english aint that good smile_o.gif )

Just because you don't/ cant understand something doesn't mean noone else does. I'd advise you to do some learning on what the words 'prove' 'theory' 'accepted' and 'science' mean before posting such nonsense.

Science is not a belief or a faith. Accept it. You are wrong.

Quote[/b] ]About god and time: God created us in his image, so I would assume he looks somewhat like us. With or withour beard

In the bible it says that for god a day is like a thousand years and thousand years is like a day (or something). I think that simply means time doesnt matter to god. In other words, the 7 days of the creation could just be a way of describing how he created things in a specified sequence.

the sequence is in the wrong order no matter what the period of time is changed to mean. As I already said.

well, explain to me how people can "know" something that apparently happened billions of years ago then?

I sure dont know, and I have never met any one or heard about anyone. Would you care to enlighten me perhaps?

And dont try come with any of your "nonsense" comments. It doesnt make you appear any smarter

[Edit]

k, You edit, I edit:)

Who have said that it appears in a different sequence. You have yet to come with any *proof* of this. Just saying it is like that isnt good enough in the world of science. It has to be proved

Its not my job to educate you. If you aren't aware of the many different ways there are of finding out information on events such as the big bang, I'd have to teach you basic high school science.

Rest assured, the grown ups know how this works. I'm not going to write a two page essay for you to say 'I can't believe that.'

A simple google search will give you plenty of information on both of these subjects.

Just to show you that I am not simply saying this, however: the Genesis account gives the order of creation like this :

the earth is created, then light and stars, then birds and whales, then reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals.

This is almost exactly the wrong order.

This is almost exactly the wrong order.

heh, you just keep saying this dont you smile_o.gif

If you dont want to discuss this, its ok, but it just sounds like if youre saying "this is nonsense" because you dont WANT to believe it, not because youre so very convinced that the science theory is correct.

In my opinion, if you want to convince someone to change their opinion/belief, the explanations for your opinion is quite critical. rock.gif

Saying "thats the wrong order", doesnt help anyone in any direction. If you had added the reasoning for this opinion, it wuuld imideately be much more credible.

And I find it slightly funny that you already know that I would say "I cant believe that" biggrin_o.gif

Sounds a bit like as if there aint any good proof ;)

Quote[/b] ]and frissbe what the hell are you talking about?

I say all religions have various theories about armageddon, judgement day or generally, the day the world ends.

Many religions went extinct, meaning how all religions serve a purpose for a while, and then just disappear.

The world will end, but noone, and especially no religion is 'in the know' on how this will happen.

Oh and btw

Quote[/b] ]how people can "know" something that apparently happened billions of years ago

Billions of years ago the earth was liquid, then it solidified, noone was around, yet we still know this as fact, because of the science of geology. I'm not entirely sure about the big bang (I think it has something to do with the universe expanding at a continuous rate?) but I'm not about to dismiss something as 'a mere theory' when I myself am only a mere idiot in these kind of things, I'd have to look it up myself.

I certanly dont know everything myself, infact rather little, but Im interested in learning how the individual person have become so convinced that the evolution/big bang thing is true, when the science, that is used to prove this, cant... eum, prove anything, since we cant go back in time to check out what actually happened.

Heh, I think Im asking for a truckload of info, but Ill see if anyone cares to enlighten me smile_o.gif

I think the Big Bang theory is quite adequate and is possible as it sinks in with the evidence surrounding us quite well , why not keep as open mind and follow it until its disproved ? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ] since we cant go back in time to check out what actually happened.

Yes but we have fossils and carbon dating methods for that wink_o.gif

concerning carbon, you could read this. Its not my field, but as far as I can see, he have a point there smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] why not keep as open mind and follow it until its disproved

Im slightly tempted to say the same to you. tounge_o.gif

But then you would have to remember that the evidence against a supernatural-based religion would be a bit wrong, since evidence is largely created using science, which is... science, not belief smile_o.gif

Eh, when Im talking about science here, Im referring to the religion part of the science, not the technology part of science.

You seem to be confusing a disinterest in teaching basic high school science to someone who won't listen anyway with an inability to produce facts.

I'll say it again. Just because you can't /won't understand science, doesn't mean its not true.

A good place to start might be talkorigins or, as I said, a simple google search.

And Science has NO religion 'part' at all.

Since you don't see why the sequence is in the wrong order, I am totally justified in not bothering to attempt to teach you science as you clearly have not the slightest grasp of any of the basic principles.

I'll say it again.  Just because you can't /won't understand science, doesn't mean its not true.

A good place to start might be <a href="www.talkorigins.org" target="_blank">talkorigins</a> or, as I said, a simple google search.

Since you don't see why the sequence is in the wrong order, I am totally justified in not bothering to attempt to teach you science as you clearly have not the slightest grasp of any of the basic principles.

interesting link.

But what you say, I can say too; "I'll say it again.  Just because you can't /won't understand god/faith, doesn't mean its not true."

And why is it that since I dont know something, there is no reason to tell me? If I knew it in the first place, would it then be neccesary to teach me anything? Doesnt sound much logical.

But Ill leave for now, got some reading to do. blues.gif

There's no reason to spend hours bringing you up to the standard of high school students because you won't listen anyway; far better to have you do some work yourself.

And I understand god/ faith fine, thank you very much; I am an Ordained Reverend licenced to conduct services; I've done a LOT of research on the topics and I've learned a lot more than most 'believers' do.

"And I understand god/ faith fine, thank you very much; I am an Ordained Reverend licenced to conduct services; I've done a LOT of research on the topics and I've learned a lot more than most 'believers' do. "

That would not explain why you take things out of context (from the bible) and make something of it that it isn't.

That would not explain why you take things out of context (from the bible) and make something of it that it isn't.

Post something I've taken out of context that is not espoused by at least one religious group around the world.

Go on.

Different religious groups/ individuals like to interpret their books differently (because they are so vague and wooly) - just because your group has a different interpretation doesn't mean I'm taking it out of context.

You could start with re reading the last couple of pages. Mainly my reply to Avon and the bible verses you later wrote about. It's the same principle. If i remember correctly jesus actually refears to the same thing. Attleast in some of the verses.

...what?

You don't have a reply to Avon in the last couple of pages the way I have it set up (we're on page 9 - I think you're on more replies/ page) - just quote the part you have problems with and I'll explain.

Hi. It was on page four. Sorry about the confusion. Anyway, it shows how a bible verse taken out of context (eg not reading/explaining the previous verses) can appear strange. Oh and btw, im sure you know that the fig tree symbolizes Israel. that part all christians (and most theologians) agree on.

Im not gonna go trough every possible, questionable thing in the Bible. This was more to show another way of seeing it.

I understand that you don't belive any of this, you make no secret of it. And i respect that. I hope you will respect others with a different view.

SpeedyDonkey out  smile_o.gif