Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

You mean DAC is coming very very soon ? :P

So when I have to take a break from work? wink_o.gif

i hope the Dac is going to be more easy to learn and use than the other a.i script system tounge2.gif

i would really like to spawn units and use scripted a.i without needing to code stuff that i don't have skillz in.

it would hopefulyl make missions i make more playable for people without 1 gig ram and 3,0 ghrtz cpu's crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

well, we had a some tests with DAC (ok, Silola had surely some more wink_o.gif ) and also in mp the performance is really good!

Afaik the performance is sometimes even better when using the dac to move units over the Island instead of moving the same number with waypoints.

It's really amazing.

And you don't need to write extra code (scripts) to run the dac.

But if you want to use all its posibilities you should read the (detailed) readme when dac is out.

Also i wondered if it could be used with a non dedicated server? if i would say run a 2,5 ghrtz amd with maybe 512 mb ram or twice the amount? Would it work ok in Llan games?

well, depends on the amount of ai used in the map.

I wasn't involved in the development of dac, I only can say what impressions I have from our tests and these are completely good. While a mission is in progress I never noticed that the fps broke in because of dac.

But I'll ask silola, maybe ha can write something further here.

hi,

DAC also has to fight with the same limitations, how other scripts.

If you generate too many unities on small surface, you will get problems.

However, this is a general problem in OFP.

You can save speed, if you predominantly generates infantry,

because this unit type is reduced in the distance.

In addition, by the skillful activate and deactivate from zones.

The AI scripts do not use a lot of power.

No difference is to be ascertained if you deactivate the DAC-AI.

We have not undertaken a test on non dedicated server yet,

but I think it should also run under these circumstances.

bye

silola

More news at Mapfact.net! We've just  released a new SP mission.

Bild1.jpg

The "Lone Wolf" created by Unterfeld is some kind of remake of the original BIS single player mission. Originally the Lone Wolf was planed as a bonus mission for "Operation Autumn Storm". But due of the fact that "Operation Autumn Storm" hasn’t really been come forward, we decided to present you the "Lone Wolf" as stand alone mission.

Beautiful Exploding effects, mood full sounds, a convincing audio response and some further features, which were all already known from one or another mission by BadAss, are giving the corresponding spice to the mission. Who liked Unterfelds "Nortmen", should not miss the "Lone Wolf".

Read more at Mapfact.net and download the mission here. Have fun! wink_o.gif

And yet another news with release at Mapfact.net! xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]From todays` time we are proud to present the Mapfact Backpack. Some suggestions for the backback owes to WGL Mod, but however it is a completestandalone addon and a genuine joint venture work by Mapfact. The models and textures are from Flashpoint_k, the Config and some scripts are from BadAss and raedor made the backpack fully functional for MP (on a small internal Workshop in Hamburg) finally.

Ruck1k.jpg Ruck6k.jpg Ruck14k.jpg

Ruck2k.jpg Ruck7k.jpg Ruck4k.jpg

Read more at www.Mapfact.net. welcome.gif

Jack would like to know whether it is still worthwhile to make the island for OFP or prefer for Armed Assault. He would like to wait for the reaction of the Community now.

Speaking as me, I would be far happier if he'd continue working to release it for OFP. May as well leave the old girl with some absolutely cracking addons...

WOW!!!! welcome.gifinlove.gifyay.gifxmas_o.gif

Thats crazy nice!!! thats some of the most beatiful mountains i have seen in a game... omg!

Okay i think that he should make it for Ofp cause it probaly will be easy to port it over to ArmedA later on, hey who knows if its 2 months or 6-8 months we will have to wait for Armed Assault anyways smile_o.gif

I'll be seriously dying (partly) if this island won't be released tounge2.gif Sniping-Jack keep up the extremely uber nice work!

... or maybe we will get another announcement in half a year, that ARMA has been postponed again. Like they say... no need to wait, if BIS says OFP addons will be portable to ARMA.

OMG!!! OFP is in itself OFP 1.5 lol thats why ArmA is a new game!!

Just look at those screens LOL

@Commando84: It would be a pity if you must die. Therefore we want to hope that Jack is merciful to you.  wink_o.gif

There is a lot of "wow" words on this forum but... WOW. Are you sure this is OFP :P Who really need ArmA?!

Very cool! Intersting how no one has done ponds before. The mountian looks very neat as does the pond. It will definatly enhance gameplay. Looks great so far.