Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

Mapfact.net has released an AI Addon made by SKY. biggrin_o.gif

SKY has mainly concentrated on the following essentials :

- Initiating alarm after discovering the player/his unit or after finding a body.

- Determine the reactions- of the AI-Units.

- Calling and commanding of reinforcements.

The unique and new feature on SKYs AI Addon is that you are able to change the huge amount of different settings by only one simple dialogue. So now the AI can be adapted to the special needs of your mission… even while playing or testing your mission.

The AI Addon and ist readme as well as the dialogs are fully translated into english so you all can use it. smile_o.gif

For further information please have a look at our homepage or directly  go to the respective download page. wink_o.gif

wow nice have wayted for some thing like this for a long time

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Dear me! I'm very sorry I've forgotten to include the downloadlink on the english dl page! icon_rolleyes.gif

But now it's fixed. Everything should be okay now. Please give it another try! wink_o.gif

And thanks for the nice comments so far! Hopefully there'll be some missions using that ai someday.

srry to ask but i haven't done any editing with dialogues involved so much and i wonder in what order my gear selection , respawn and custom music will go when i got all this dialogue code in the description.ext file too , makes me all dizzy crazy_o.gifhuh.gifhelp.gif

Just put all your gear, sound, respawn stuff on top of your description.ext. Add all the dialog code at the end of the file.

Saves you much of scrolling! wink_o.gif And please don't change any of the dialog  lines for that might cause errors.

it was a bit silent lately around mapfact... well it's summer, our forums are down and AA is coming soon. whistle.gif

but nevertheless some brave hearts ( rofl.gifconfused_o.gif) are still working on some projects! mapfact today launched a news about Silola's new project, the Dynamic AI Creator! read more here or here. smile_o.gif

@Raedor - Is that Douglas DC-3 pack still in the works? It's one of the addons I'm really anticipating. Looked great!

@Raedor - Is that Douglas DC-3 pack still in the works? It's one of the addons I'm really anticipating. Looked great!

still in the works, but not being worked on right now, as the makers (T.S.C. Plage & sniping-jack) are unavail currently.

whats about the forum? Whats happen? it takes so long!

whats about the forum? Whats happen? it takes so long!

it is off and we're working on getting it back online wink_o.gif

hi all,

I have seached this thread I have read the readme file, but I cannot find any info on how to get the doors on the hangers working in the 1.5 barracks addon. I'm making a new island with wrp tool. I place the hanger ,save the file, import it to the game then start the game and only to find hanger doors don't appear crazy_o.gif.If possible I would like have them working without having to set up a mission and using some scripting command to get em working .Preferably have it ready when the map is loaded like in mapfact nagova.

Any help will be appreciated

smile_o.gif

Sorry, a bit late but better then never!

The doors of the hangar aren't placed if you load the map. To get the doors you need to load the "Demo - Start" mission which is included in the "Mapfact-Nogova" download.

If you want to have the doors you need to start the "Hangar01.sqs" which is included in the "Baracks" addon.

The code should be...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[object NUMBER] exec "\Baracken\Hangar01.sqs"

It should be possible to start this script from the island-config, so the doors are placed when you load the map.

--------

And just to mention it. The DC-3 pack is currently in the final testphase. The release is not far away but I can't give you an exact date for it. Please have some more patience.

Greetz

Plage

Man you guys have made such nice addons for the community!

And now some more really brilliant innovations for us gamers!

Thank you Mapfact team!

Downloading....

and afterwards its! goodnight.gif

We have got an update for our oil addon. smile_o.gif

Additionally Flashpoint_K added two new objects to the oil addon:sewage pipes. You can use these sewage pipes in industrial facilities, in harbours or even as hiding places for snipers just to mention but a few. The patch also solves some minor bugs with the oil spills.

You can download the patch as well as the complete new version here. Have fun and happy editing! biggrin_o.gif

Additionally we've got some news for you concerning our past and future projects. smile_o.gif

So keep in touch for more's to come in the next days including new releases ... Playing fun granted! wink_o.gif

read the news , hehe sounds intresting .. been waiting to play the mission since i first read about it earlier this year biggrin_o.gif

Fun to see what updates and new stuff you always bring to the game mapfact.net team! yay.gif

Hey all. I sent a message to the Mapfact Team, but anyway...

should I bother salivating over the potential release of a new Mapfact Nogova? I know the DC3 release said one was in the pipes (by Sniping-Jack), but it's not listed in their project list!

Anyone...? confused_o.gif

To whom did you send your message? Maybe he didn't get it? But anyway here's my answer.

Maybe we forgot to mention one or the other project but we certainly didn't forget any of our projects themselves!  biggrin_o.gif  

It's true there's some more DC3 in a special Mapfact.net version release date: not fixed yet but very soon.

And it's true, too that Sniping-Jack is extensivly using his wrp tool currently... wink_o.gif

EDIT: I almost have forgotten to mention that we've got some more news on our site! We released an Action HUD complete with a coop demo mission done by MCPXXL. There's also a very detailed report on the progress of the Dynamic AI Creator by Silola, the maestro of the XCam-Console!

For further information you're welcome to visit our news at www.Mapfact.net. welcome.gif

Hi Mapfact-Team,

was good to read on your new homepage that you keep your works up. It´s always a pleasure to see your addons with their excellent quality and detail and it´s more then fun to add them on an island. I used your stuff on my island Anjou and have to say that it really adds atmosphere.

Thanks for all the hard work and I am looking forward to more of your high quality addons notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Cheers,

O_P

i don't know if this is to early to sugest any updates, but i would like if you guys made a harbor piece where you have a sewage pipe walkable through it in both diagonally and in a line straight through. Also would be nice to have the "nogova petrovice" grey white fence with a whole in it that fits the oil addon pipes through it biggrin_o.gif And the mapfact baracken walls with holes to fit the pipe too. Also have a idea if you make the sewage pipe walkable but remove the debris so that you can walk from one end of the pipe to the other and then maybe also make some rusty metal ladder that can fit inside the pipe perfectly so i won't have to use the editor addon ladder small wich is really too big sometimes tounge2.gif