Sign in to follow this  
da_ofp_man

Vitapc pack 1.1 finale

I get P3D errors with this, and a CTD. Any idea's?

Make sure you dont have an old version of vitapc.p3d in any modfolder. Then the errors should be gone.

It isn't working at mine either... I have the new files and just these files in my OFP-folder rock.gif

I like these pics, but if I can not play this pack, it is and was just a dream sad_o.gif

It isn't working at mine either... I have the new files and just these files in my OFP-folder rock.gif

I like these pics, but if I can not play this pack, it is and was just a dream sad_o.gif

Then check Res\addons and any modfolder you might use if there is an vitapc.pbo in. If so, delete it. then it should work.

Hey !! Great ! Have to return home for try this one... but I can't wait to know this: please can you tell me if in this final version you can close/open the front panels of the BTR80?  Hope you was able to finally add that feature... thanks!  Vik

Just got back from playing with the pack, and I'm really impressed! This pack has been a really pleasant surprise...

The units (Chechens/SOBR) are fantastic, and the weapons are great - I'm absolutely wrapped that you included a new PK model...after 3 years, finally a better PK has been delivered smile_o.gif

The updated vehicles are even better now...

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Do Russian APC's have crews or are they driven by the troops themselves?
they have crews.

Two great crew models have been released (ORCS and RHS) so it's best to use one of these.

I haven't DL'ed the pack jet (I'm not home for the next 5 months) but it sure looks good and I'll DL it as soon as I can.

Thats up to you *hint,hint* tounge_o.gif

Really a great pack, especially the Chechens look very nice, finally something that fits as enemy.

Going to play now smile_o.gif

IT WORKS biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I'm very sorry about my stupidness tounge_o.gif I had the OLD vitapc.pbo in an other Mod-folder.

Hell, am I stupid... Forgive me!

The pack is like heaven! I love it.

But tell me, what is the difference between the Kord (HD) and the normal Kord? Same at the MGs.

And what is the BMD with arena for? Better radar?

If there is a next version, is there a possibility to add emty cases flying away from the firing MGs and Kords? Just an idea...

IT WORKS biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I'm very sorry about my stupidness tounge_o.gif I had the OLD vitapc.pbo in an other Mod-folder.

Hell, am I stupid... Forgive me!

The pack is like heaven! I love it.

But tell me, what is the difference between the Kord (HD) and the normal Kord? Same at the MGs.

And what is the BMD with arena for? Better radar?

If there is a next version, is there a possibility to add emty cases flying away from the firing MGs and Kords? Just an idea...

The HD stands for HIGH DISPERSION. Wich is to be used by the AI only to prevent them from firing headshots with the KORD MG from a kilometers distance.

And the Arena system is a countermeasure for ATGM's,LAW rockets RPG's and anything wich might harm the tank/IFV (except small arms fire I suppose)

Oki doki, roger that. Thank you GoOB!

I just have to know, because I don't want to use them wrong. Just for realism... wink_o.gif

Again: Great AddOn, I just can't say it enough...

yup , arena system is that , but it only works for missiles that lock on target, so it wont protect you against LAW, RPG, FFAR...etc etc. i love this pack smile_o.gif and contrary to previous screenshots the bearded chechens look very real.

yup , arena system is that , but it only works for missiles that lock on target, so it wont protect you against LAW, RPG, FFAR...etc etc. i love this pack  smile_o.gif  and contrary to previous screenshots the bearded chechens look very real.

I belive the Arena system works against RPG's and LAW's IRL but not in DKM's OFP version of it. IMHO that would really make playing against a Arena equipped BMP3 quite a bore in MP wink_o.gif

What I really liked that AKM74 did was put the config seperate so that if you do go and tweak the cpp a bit here and there....you dont have to re-pbo the whole damn thing.

It would be nice if others did this as well.

I am still getting this error, even with just 1 vit unit on the map

Any ideas? What is the complete list of .pho files I should have?

Edit: sorry, sorting out host now...Doh!.JPG

Wow, this is an excellent collection of addons, now I can delete all those seperate vehicle, weapon and soldiers addons that have been cluttering up my addons folder. Also, good choice to use standard BIS mags whenever possible too! More addon makers should consider this over their egos and custom naming schemes because it's much easier for mission designers.

I wanted to make another comment, but since it's the no whining release, I'm not going to say anything about the lack of wound textures. wink_o.gif

A) The lack of wound texes was explained already.

B) BIS mags are bad. They sound awful. That was one big flaw in OFP since the begining...the sound effects.

I can't remember who said this but it seems appropiate:

Quote[/b] ]I could make better sounds with my mouth

EDIT: This is about BIS, not a complaint about the VITAPC pack.

I sure many of you guys already replaced original sound.pbo with custom one. At least I did. That’s why I don’t really care about sound. It surprises some of you still have standard sound in game.

1 question before I download this?

Which cargo positions do the soldiers get in first for the BTR's, the inside or on the roof? The one reason I never downloaded the last update and still have the original version is because the soldiers get inside the BTR's first.

Excellent work AKM-74! smile_o.gif

This is top of the crop amongst vehicle packs along with the MT-LB pack.

Quote[/b] ]Which cargo positions do the soldiers get in first for the BTR's, the inside or on the roof? The one reason I never downloaded the last update and still have the original version is because the soldiers get inside the BTR's first.

on the roof.

1. You can assign 6 (six) game logic object as cargo for roof , if you want your troops be inside.

2. You can unpbo addon, trow in old BTR p3d file, and tweak the config a little.

3. Just skip this pack

Either use FDF mod, DR or Kyllikki Sound Pack for your custom sound needs, I'm also surprised that someone doesn't have such an addon.

AKM74, thanks for the tip about placing Game logics, never thought of that. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Which cargo positions do the soldiers get in first for the BTR's, the inside or on the roof?  The one reason I never downloaded the last update and still have the original version is because the soldiers get inside the BTR's first.

on the roof.  

1. You can assign 6 (six) game logic object as cargo for roof , if you want your troops be inside.

2. You can unpbo addon, trow in old BTR p3d file, and tweak the config a little.

3. Just skip this pack

Number 3 is just not an option with all this new stuff biggrin_o.gif

I cant believe I didnt think of the game logic trick before, I even use it with the Urals and 5ts all the time, im an IDIOT

*goes and bangs head against wall*

B) BIS mags are bad. They sound awful. That was one big flaw in OFP since the begining...the sound effects.

I couldnt imagine playing OFP these days without "Battlefield Insane" - replaces most sounds, and doesnt sound like you're 3 miles away from your own gun while firing like some other Sound Mods. Get it here : http://svd.s20.xrea.com/

Just wanted to say thanks to AKM74 for this great addon! This is one of thoose high quality addons that is a must for all OFP'ers tounge_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)