Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Some stuff...

Great work as always Footmunch. I'm still having great fun with the Beagle on Tonal, but the Sabre will be getting a look in soon biggrin_o.gif

the_shadow - hi, the Swedish Forces Mod is working on a nice looking Viggen (single seater version). I agree - it's a dream aircraft. I heard that the round from the Oerliken 30mm on the Air-Air variant has the same penetrating power after 1km as the 30mm Aden round has when it leaves the muzzle! Add S/TOL and the all-important resemblance to Battlestar Galactica's Viper and you have an essential OFP addon biggrin_o.gif

i really like the look of the f15, but i really had a hard time shooting down some su25's. i had an f16 migcap as my wingman, and he stole all the glory while i felt too sluggish in the f15 sad_o.gif

I think the F-16 is a bit more agile than the F-15 IRL so this may be accurate. The Eagle is afterall a much larger aircraft. smile_o.gif

yea maybe so, but i had a hard time hitting anything at all with this thing. maybe this f15 needs a few AIM 9s, a more agile missile...

Actually I noticed the same problem...the missiles on the F15C were definitely lacking in accuracy as they often missed their targets even against enemy aircraft with no flare or ECM defences.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the_shadow - hi, the Swedish Forces Mod is working on a nice looking Viggen (single seater version). I agree - it's a dream aircraft. I heard that the round from the Oerliken 30mm on the Air-Air variant has the same penetrating power after 1km as the 30mm Aden round has when it leaves the muzzle! Add S/TOL and the all-important resemblance to Battlestar Galactica's Viper and you have an essential OFP addon  biggrin_o.gif

ah, yes.. i´m aware of them making it smile_o.gif since i have quite a close contact with them (beta tester for some of their stuff)

but as i said i want a model independant from all other mods and addon packs.... and ofcourse since i think Footmunchs makes some of the best aircraft out there.... (The Skyraider are truly awsome, a must have aircraft if you´re making Nam missions) biggrin_o.gif

I've just realised the AMRAAM's on the F-15 _are_ a bit

downgraded. Sorry. This is my fault as I was testing some proximity triggering, and had turned down the maneuvarability

on the missiles to compensate.

So, either the proximity trigger's will go in, or the AMRAAM's

will be better in the next version.

Also, I've made a start on an F-15E...

May one ask Footmunch (or someone else) to make a SK37E Viggen...

actually it´s a twin seat trainer, but could also be used in ground attack roles

i´d really like to have a Viggen in OFP, independant from mods or anything like that...

here´s a nice site about the SAAB 37 Viggen complete with tons of pics... this is probably the moste loved aircraft in sweden (also the only plane that has got a lock on a Blackbird) ;)

[edit] did i mention that the plane is known as "the flying muscle?" [/edit]

[edit2] if you want i can probably supply you with blueprints (or atleast some drawings) and tons of pics[/edit2]

[edit3] more links

Viggen site 2

Blueprints and some more

Some data and stuff

The aircraft service numbers (atleast most of them)

more to follow[/edit3]

there is one in the works by SFP, not an SK, but still a Viggen wink_o.gif

sfp_viggen_low.jpg

anyway, I'm looking forward to your new stuff Footmunch smile_o.gif

I've been trying to download latest F-16 beta, but link seems to be broken. Help, please... rock.gif

Same here

F-16 link fixed - my fault - repost here:

Link, again

For those who are interested:

It's stored on a Un*x system, and the filename was f16.ZIP,

rather than f16.zip. Man, I _love_ computers sometimes...

MiG-35 -

Hmm, got any detailed blueprints or cockpit shots? smile_o.gif

Sole -

That looks like a mighty fine Viggen.

Probably need to keep the manuverability the way it is or increase it and keep the proximity detonation.  Too many times the AMRAAM's go right over the top or bottom of the aircraft in a head on MRM attack.

The main thing is the missiles too often go for the countermeasures in the back instead of the front of the aircraft.  Unless the aircraft turns away from the missile, the missile should go for the aircraft, not the countermeasures when a missile is comming straight at it at a low angle of attack.

First Off......Thx alot Foot for all your hard work. biggrin_o.gif

Ok my problem is that the f16 & f15 won't work on Fraghaus dedicated server. When you first release the f16 with no afterburner it worked great on the server....but since you have put in afterburner and some other stuff they won't work.

What happens is everyones ping skyrockets and desync is so bad you cant get in the aircraft. If there is some way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. I am a big fan of your aircraft and we like using your aircraft alot.

Thx for your hard work. It is because of addon makers like you that OFP has survived this long. biggrin_o.gif

Footmunch you're just a phenomenon! I really love your planes, and I am doing some retextures and reworks for myself (it's nice that you provide the MLODs!!!).

I would like to request the MiG-31 "Foxhound":

Cockpit

MIG31_1.JPG

Blueprint

FAS.org

Another Blueprint

Pilot/Navigator Cockpit Images and other

Detailed images of gear

I'd even texture it myself if you provide me with very basic textures (so that I only have to exchange the files), thanks again for your great work!

Hey foot, do you have an English Electric Lightning lined up? just, they're one of my fav aircraft and pretty amazing too. Also i love your A-1 Skyraider, although the napalm was slightly missed. but i think i can import it from your F4 Phantom.

I think A1 Skyraider for the SEB NAM Air pack will have napalm if I remember correctly.  But at least you have cluster bombs which are pretty good as well.  It's amazing seeing those Sandys come roaring in to provide close air support against NVA/VC gun and mortar positions before you lead your men to take a village or hilltop.  

By the way, the Mig-31 Foxhound is also a plane I'd love to see.  Some people think it's no better then a Mig-25 Foxbat, but actually its quite a bit more maneuverable and has one of the most powerful radars (if not the most powerful radar) ever mounted on a fighter aircraft.  It also was the only Iraqi aircraft type credited with an air to air kill in the first Gulf War which isn't suprising given that it carries formidable air to air weaponry and has great speed.  I saw one demonstrated at an airshow and its actually also fairly maneuverable...not quite as maneuverable as a Mig-29 but still respectably so.

The latest version is the Mig-31BM which is a multi-role AA/Ground Attack variant that also has a modernized radar and fire control system that makes it even more effective.

All of the Mig-31's are also two-seater aircraft.

At any rate, several countries bought the Mig-31 so I think it would be a very good addon to have in OFP especially since there is the multi-role version which would be more appropriate for OFP.  

But then again.... there are lots of VERY cool planes that would be good to see in OFP.

Personally I'd rather see Footmunch finish up other cool planes he was working on such as the VULCAN!!!!!! smile_o.gif

I still dream of thundering into the sky in that big ominous looking bomber. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

For MIG-31 it's better to ask DEA DEMON (he is making new version of his MIG-25).

Maybe it'll be better to ask for SU -17/22?

Right now, I'm considering more CAS planes - the F-15C is

a 'pure' interceptor that I think only just has a place in OFP -

of course, East side now needs one as well, so the MiG-31 is

worth consideration...

hitsqdzulu -

The MP problem is hard for me to fix, because I've got no

testing platform. However, I've got a good idea of the script

that's causing the problem, and I'll see if it can be tidied up.

somebloke -

Well, I may go back to my UK roots soon, once I've cleared

out all this US iron. Lightning, Hawker Hunter, Buccaneer 1.1,

and (yes, Miles) Vulcan are all 'on the drawing board'.

Maybe after that you can update your old MiGs 17 & 21 to the level of your current planes? Don't foget them, please...

Thx for replying Footmunch. If you need to test on a dedicated server E-mail me @hit_sqd_zulu@hotmail.com or Icq me my number is 68670720 or msn messenger hit_sqd_zulu@hotmail.com. I have full access to the Fraghaus server and would be willing to help you test out your great addons for multiplayer capabilities. Even if this doesn't get resloved I will make my own single player missions just so I can fly your great planes. Thx alot Foot keep up the great works.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee biggrin_o.gif

Cool. That's a nice offer of you hitsqdzulu.

Footmunch: Thanks for the reply. I'm sure SeaDemon's Mig-31 will be cool, but he doesn't "internationalize" them with switchable roundels like the roundel system on your aircraft.

I prefer your addons because they are lean and mean, look good, and are amongst the most versatile addons around.

But I'm glad that you plan on going back to your "roots" (British planes) eventually.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Man, that F-16C m61 vulcan is perfect on the newest release. I was gunning them down like they were all in a row waiting to be destroyed.

It's the perfect rate of fire and damage, the dispersion is good too. Not a noob cannon but effective, accurate, and very deadly.

The Mk-20 Rockeyes are still too weak, not enough damage per cluster. (Meh, nothing's perfect.) Work on it when you have time, no biggie.

Anyways, having a blast.

Later,

Havoc.

Right now, I'm considering more CAS planes - the F-15C is

a 'pure' interceptor that I think only just has a place in OFP -

of course, East side now needs one as well, so the MiG-31 is

worth consideration...

Nice to hear, and don't forget my offer to texture the MiG-31 and eventually the weapons!

And I too, like Miles Teg, prefer Footmunch's aircraft addons. I almost don't download plane addons from anyone else; there are many advantages in Footmunch's planes:

- they are very nice models

- they have all the same basic functionality

- you get the MLODs; you can rework them, if you like

- It's very easy to retexture them

- the configs are very good

Footmunch - where you going to fix the last few bugs, like the missing roundels on the CAS version?

One more weekend, I promise smile_o.gif

I've gotten some MP testing from hitsqdzulu that means I

have to re-script the canopy. Also, there's the proximity

scripting to be added, and then I'll release - probably Monday.

The F-15C should follow on about 1 week later.

Sounds really nice.

Your F-16 is really appreciated i assure you. My clan DANBAT will use it in conjunction with Frandsens danish recon units for simulating danish forces. And since you made such a nice a nice Draken anyway, we'll include that as well.

My main consideration was if it would take a long time for the next version of the F-16 to come out, cause then we would start using the current version. But since it won't be that long, we'll wait for it so everyone won't have to get the addon twice.