Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Some stuff...

I know that its just that are makers of those addons willing to let LoBo use them?

I noticed a bug with the Il-28. Its landing gear and cockipt dissapear when you look at it few meters away.

I hope that Lost Brothers mod is trying to use other addon makers projects to reduce amount of work for themselfs.

For example Footmunch's planes. You take his MiG-21, F-16, Il-28, F-5, F-4 and MiG-17 and you have almost complete Syrian, Egyptian, Israeli and Jordanian airforce.

Add in that Mirage which I hope Footmuch is able to give you and mod it to Kfir.

Maybe make A-4 Skyhawk, MiG-25 and MiG-29 yourself and there you are! All common planes in middle-east airforces.  biggrin_o.gif

I bet that Footmunch wouldnt mind his work helping someone elses and seeing hes aircraft being part of a fantastic mod such as Lost Brothers mod. Ofcourse credits going to him.  tounge_o.gif

Yes we are doing exactly this. Footmunch has been tremendously helpful to the LoBo mod, although his hands may be tied concerning the Mirage. (I need to get permission from the FLK mod team to see if they'll let me use it).

But if we can't use it that's ok cuz I may be able to get Vit to allow us to fix up his Kfir to make it more realistic.

But we're definitely using many of Footmunch's addons as they are (without modification) and those that are modified I have done so with his permission (F-5 Tiger II and Mig-21). He is of coarse fully credited for his work.

We're also using Vit's Israeli F-15 at least until something better comes along. But overall I don't think it's too bad.

I'm still undecided about which F-16 to use as I actually like both Vit's IDF F-16 and Footmunch's F-16 very much.... so that's a hard choice. I'll have to leave that decision up to the rest of the LoBo team to decided which to go with.

At any rate, I think Vipersheart pretty much left me to work on any aircraft addons that may need modifying to suit our needs (with permission from their original authors). Meanwhile him and what addon makers we have left are working on finishing up the IDF soldiers, armor, and Egyptian infantry units. The Egyptian armor is already done except for an Egyptian M60 and M1 tank that still needs to be done. (Yes Egypt is using the M1 Abrams tank now).

In addition to this a few addon makers from other mods have been helping us with some other armored units and I am very grateful for their help.

But for aircraft we are definitely using what's already out there because we don't have any skilled aircraft addon makers and already skilled aircraft makers like Footmunch are making aircraft that suit our mod perfectly. So no need to reinvent the wheel.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Glad to hear that! Didnt know that Egypt uses M60 Patton altough I was aware of that they have M1 Abrams.

How are those IDF tanks coming along? Now I use your M60 and some old Centurion but new Centurion is needed. Also which Merkava are you making?

Could someone be really really helpful and post a list of all of Footmunch's addons that have been relased plz?

Glad to hear that! Didnt know that Egypt uses M60 Patton altough I was aware of that they have M1 Abrams.

How are those IDF tanks coming along? Now I use your M60 and some old Centurion but new Centurion is needed. Also which Merkava are you making?

I'll send a PM as I don't want to take over Footmunch's thread. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Here are two pics of the dispersion by a typically simulated m61 vulcan cannon from an aircraft by most sims.

Sorry about the size, I didn't have time to resize them today to a smaller resolution.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hopefully these two pictures will give you a good template to work on the vulcan cannon.

u can also find a very good example of GAU-8 Avenger in wargames addon pack, the A10 in it is brilliant.

Edit: corrected weapon name tounge_o.gif

If you're trying to say that the A-10 has a vulcan cannon, you're wrong, it has an Avenger cannon.

Hey footmunch, could BDM use some of your planes? We're a bit short on people, and it would help out tremendously.

I think Bonko was referring about the dispersion of the rounds that the Avenger cannon does in the WarGames mod pack.

Okay, F-16 release version is almost done - thanks for all the

input, fellas. Meanwhile, it's time to fly like an Eagle:

F-15C (Beta 1)

Zip File

eagle1.jpg

Standard Grey version

eagle2.jpg

Dark Green/Brown version

eagle3.jpg

Desert splotch version

eagle4.jpg

Cockpit

eagle5.jpg

Burners at dusk

Plane has 8 AMRAAM's and the Vulcan cannon. It should fly

almost the same as the F-15E from DeadSoldier and

NAA_US_Marine. As I said before, I _may_ do a Strike Eagle

based on this - no promises. (The dispersion on the Vulcan

cannon is a preview of the same weapon on the F-16, BTW).

BTW - Has got an email for Hudson and Pennywise? I'd like to

put proximity detonation on the AMRAAM's (for the -16 as

well), but I can't get hold of them.

Also, as a dessert, the Sabre makes a return:

F-86 (Beta 2)

Zip File

sabre1.jpg

On runway with US roundel and rockets (see below)

sabre2.jpg

Luftwaffe roundel

sabre3.jpg

Cockpit

Armed with 6 M2 machine guns.

A bit like the MiG-17, you can change the loadout on the

Sabre by adding the line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "\rktf86\addrockets.sqs"

To the init line in the editor. This will give you the 6 HVAR

rocket launchers shown.

Both planes are roundel capable.

sploodge**

oops sorry,

Looks like another great release foot, d/l now smile_o.gif

also on your f16 im able to target tanks with sidewinders dunno if this is supposed to be allowed just givin u a heads up

smile_o.gif

I like Vits Addons too but the models are not good as yours.

Your p3d models are better then hims.

D\L now

Wow!  Very very nice Footmunch.  The model and textures are superb!   I haven't found any real problems on it so far.  I know it's primarily a air superiority aircraft but I hope that you do make the F-15E or at least a single-seat F-15 in ground attack configuration.

I haven't tried the F-86 yet but that's because there haven't been any decent Korean War infantry to make a mission with it. But nevertheless, it looks great and hopefully the "Forgotten War" mod team will come out with some addon packs soon. smile_o.gif 

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Whoa Footmunch, this is just TOO much fun in the last couple of weeks. (Excessively drools over screen in need of F-15 nirvana)

The F-15C pics look great, keep up the good work. Can't wait to rule the skies with these addons. If you can't get ahold of pennywise, try Hudson. I'm sure he has the authority on whether to authorize releasing proximity AMRAAM's.

You just don't know how much you're modern aircraft make OFP gameplay enjoyable.

Thanks a mill.

Havoc.

I've been trying to download latest F-16 beta, but link seems to be broken. Help, please... rock.gif

hey footmunch. did you ever have plans to make an F-14 tomcat, with swept back wings much like your Flogger. since youve been on a roll with all these other late 20th century american planes, maybe an f-14 isnt too far off?

Oh sweet, I had a feeling you were working on an F-15 but had no idea it was this complete. I should have known considering how amazingly fast you work Footmunch. biggrin_o.gif Downloading now...

As regards an F-14, I think that is the next logical step considering there is already a great F/A-18 and Footmunch has already done the F-15C and F-16. But first an F-15E would make sense as most of the model and textures are already present in this release.

Anyway, apologies for talking about future stuff when you've just released something FM. smile_o.gif

Ahhhh.... the poor Beagles are being shot down by Eagles!

The Beagles need tail guns!!! smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i really like the look of the f15, but i really had a hard time shooting down some su25's. i had an f16 migcap as my wingman, and he stole all the glory while i felt too sluggish in the f15 sad_o.gif

really excellent work tho footmunch. great looking planes, great fun. i love the f15's overall power tho, its a lil faster than most of your planes. great job, keep it up

May one ask Footmunch (or someone else) to make a SK37E Viggen...

sk37.jpg

actually it´s a twin seat trainer, but could also be used in ground attack roles

i´d really like to have a Viggen in OFP, independant from mods or anything like that...

here´s a nice site about the SAAB 37 Viggen complete with tons of pics... this is probably the moste loved aircraft in sweden (also the only plane that has got a lock on a Blackbird) ;)

[edit] did i mention that the plane is known as "the flying muscle?" [/edit]

[edit2] if you want i can probably supply you with blueprints (or atleast some drawings) and tons of pics[/edit2]

[edit3] more links

Viggen site 2

Blueprints and some more

Some data and stuff

The aircraft service numbers (atleast most of them)

more to follow[/edit3]

Might wanna put some sidewinders on that F-15C, AMRAAM's don't do very well when closer than 1500 meters.

i really like the look of the f15, but i really had a hard time shooting down some su25's. i had an f16 migcap as my wingman, and he stole all the glory while i felt too sluggish in the f15 sad_o.gif

I think the F-16 is a bit more agile than the F-15 IRL so this may be accurate. The Eagle is afterall a much larger aircraft. smile_o.gif