Sign in to follow this  
swede

Rumour!

Guest jacobaby

That's about as helpful as a bag of crisps at a weightwatchers meeting.

One thing I would really like to see, if there WAS going o be a patch......

The ability to password/encrypt your own addons, so that your work cannot easily be copied.

Oh, and one other thing.

For vehicle types NOT to be tied to simulations so heavily, so that we could make them inherit other features,

eg, missiles on cars

floating aircraft etc.

and also then we could get rid of the light flashes etc when needed, things that cannot be done away with by simple inheritance changes.

TJ

No longer OFP 1.5 but will be realeased as somthing like OFP 1.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

When was this written?  smile_o.gif

The latest entries were on the 31st Jan.

ive got a magazine that mentions this ill scan it if you want to see it that is?

That would b great smile_o.gif .

Just ocured to me that this could be some sort of advertising scheme from codies to atract more media and public atention to OPF, with x-box in the works and OPF2 anounced for 2005 it could be a stunt of that sort rock.gif .

Had a thought earlier... (almost killed me wow_o.gif )

Could be crappy new campaign by codemasters called Red Hammer 2 with a few new addons. Your on the Russian side during the invasion of Nogova playing as Lukin in his spet natz days... crazy_o.gif

Since we have had official campaigns on west, east and resistance the only remaining one is civilian. tounge_o.gif

Since we have had official campaigns on west, east and resistance the only remaining one is civilian. tounge_o.gif

LOL, Imagine navigating Nogova, Three armies chassing you, and all you have is your cub-scout pocket-knife and a daisy BB pistol.

exactly what I was thinking of. maybe they could add animals and other objects so the objective would be to hunt and grow stuff on the fields. live normal life when there's a war around you biggrin_o.gif

exactly what I was thinking of. maybe they could add animals and other objects so the objective would be to hunt and grow stuff on the fields. live normal life when there's a war around you biggrin_o.gif

For this game, hunt stuff, yes. Grow stuff, no way!

Mayby we could 'theoretically', grow stuff. It would implement 'Christmas Tree' type scripting though. Say in Summer, the fields would be empty, then, as the OFP world hits a certain date, different crops would populate in different fields, then these crops might disapear when 'harvest time' comes. Like grapes on a grapevine, or oranges on a tree, or wheat in a wheatfield.

That would be a pretty cool feature, IMO.

I think it will be "Operation Flashpoint - Alien Invasion"

I forgot to mention that getting married and having a coupla kids would be part of the story biggrin_o.gif

no? tounge_o.gif

yeh a long time ago i was thinks BIS or CM was gonna release a Civvie campaign.

Grow crops??? AGHHHH Havest moon tounge_o.gif

There is an urgent need for some kind of upgrade to the current models.

My 4 yr old nephew was walking around Lipany on friday while I was working on another PC and started shouting

"What do I press to go the toilet?"

He was in a house staring at a bog.

I explained that he couldn't and then he asked why the water was dirty.

"How do I flush the chain?"

If Bis want to keep a 4 yr old happy they will release an updated toilet model. I hope this will be in OFP 1.5

UK PC Gamer has done a few pages on OFP though, I wonder if they are gearing up PC interest in the OFP engine? GotY should go on sale soon cheaply (CWC is dirt cheap atm) Maybe they will want to bundle it with a new island?

Guest jacobaby

Actually, the idea for changed terrain according to the date is an excellent one.

Trees could have 4 stages, buds, leaves, autumn colours, and bare.

This alone would make for a much more immersive island, and as the xmas trees point out, the coding is already there. Just needs 4 x the number of models tounge_o.gif

But then the weather effects could be made seasonal too. Higher winds in spring and autumn etc. Maybe snow in the winter months and a more muddy ground texture for the spring, with a drier browner grass texture for the summer months.

In other words, a "real" place to live and fight, dynamically moving.

If anyone can do this, it will be BIS, remember, they are the ones who gave us chiming village churches, full sun sequences, realtime star/moon movements, tidal effects etc etc.

All this I mean for OFP2 of course, not the rumoured expansion biggrin_o.gif

TJ

I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Maybe Bis don't believe in the "money for old rope" principle like a lot of other game "franchises" *cough*sims*cough*MOHAA*cough*BF1942*cough*  wink_o.gif

*Note I could be being unduly harsh on any/all of the above as I haven't played all the various addons smile_o.gif

lol placebo.... sims is indeed the worst offender...

as for a lack of expansions... i think BIS just want to make a very good OFP2 - and thats what i rather have than shelling out Å15 a pop for expansion packs - and BIS have been quite good to us with pathches, addons and the such...

and as has been already mentiones, with O2 and the such, i think BIS are safe in the knowledge they can let the many excelent mods out there give us fun addons...

and TJ - some great suggestions for OFP2 - with the nearly 3 years of knowledge BIS have from releasing CWC and then the later packs, they surely will be able to pull an amazing game out of the bag come spring 2005 - i just can't wait biggrin_o.gif

Damn! Did you guys see the stuff on OFP.info? It looks muy attractive to say the least!

Really, really looking forward to more news on those guys! Looks better than most soldier models I have seen, ugh I am all butterflie-ish inside smile_o.gif

All I can say is. PEOPLE AT BIS.

MAKE A 3# WEAPON SLOT. NAMELY.

KNIVES! ALLOW US TO CHANGE NVG AND BINOC MODELS/OPTICS. tounge_o.gif

rock.gif Suddenly I whish I wouldn't have bought my 835 and G3.

No money. crazy_o.gif

Ahhh as for the rumoes didn't read it except the first two pages. Hope it's true and if it is, BIS consider doing the above.

tounge_o.gif

Watch me get slaped on the wrists for this post. been a while since i posted here. blues.gif

according to CM

http://www.codemasters.com/games/displaygames.php?genre=FPS

OFP2 is set for december 2004 tounge_o.gif and we know that it means Spring 2005 tounge_o.gif

No, it's going to be Spring 2006. BIS still hasn't even finished the X-Box port, how are they going to make OFP2 in one year?

They have enough people to do two things in the same time. Also alot of what they are doing for the Xboox version will be the same in OFP2.

remember guys they said first quarter 2005, speaking financially thats like august 2004 biggrin_o.gif

I don't think an expansion pack should be released, its a hassle to patch and upgrade all the versions. Instead release it as a standalone polished product. This will make it easy for us and new fans of Operation Flashpoint. This will draw more people to the Operation Flashpoint franchise and give BIS more time to work on OFP2.