Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

i'd like to ask how far your middle east resistance is, cause they looked very well on the pics.

and, as operation lacerta has been stopped, i'd like to know if it might wink_o.gif be released before.

edit:(ps: i only mean the middle est resistance; guess eestikas got me wrong)

Progress pics?Anything?

Dead season, buddy... I have to finish some RL work, Jennik's his motherboard toasted... sad_o.gif  We had to stop for a while.

I hope nothing was lost suring the toasting process (his HD still ok) ? sad_o.gif

Sorry to hear this.

Small update:

- OPASNO is not mirrored now smile_o.gif

- side flare launcher added at newer versions of Mi-24

csla2upd1_hind_detail.jpg

Nice! But there's a part missing on the new version of the flarelaunchers...the cover.

aso-v2.jpg

This picture here...

hind_05.jpg

...was just to show how they're exactly arranged in

the case.

Hope you can fix that without to much trouble. rock.gif

Greetz

Plage

crappy russian equipment, you know. Stuff just falls of in mid-flight wink_o.gif

Good point, though. I wouldn't have noticed it. Is that a picture from a GERMAN hind?? crazy_o.gif I guess it was from the DDR? I know they also have/had a few Mig29's. Very strange sight to see a mig-29 with german markings.

hmm, sometimes they(by which i mean czech airforce) didnt use covers.

2Cpt. FrostBite: crappy? i wouldnt say. it can survive almost everything and can be repaired by a hammer wink_o.gif

I only found one picture of a Czech Mi-24 with the new version of the launchers and it has the cover(s) mounted. But that surely doesn't mean it's a must...I can live with(out) it. wink_o.gif

@ Cpt. Frostbite:

Yes, this is a former GDR Mi-24. The "Bundeswehr" evaluted some Hinds after the wall broke don't but didn't kept them.

Here's a link to a nice vid showing two Hinds (D and P version) during the evalution-phase.

German Mi-24 (.mpg, ca. 31MB)

Greetz

Plage

Small info about camo used on our Mi-24:

Real Mi-24V "Tiger" vs CSLA II. MOD Mi-24 "Tiger"

Textures are hand-painted by Edge!

upd1_hind_real_vs_csla.jpg

2Cpt. FrostBite: crappy? i wouldnt say. it can survive almost everything and can be repaired by a hammer wink_o.gif

That's a really good point, Verbal! smile_o.gif One of my friends (studying to be military professional in Czech Army) told me he is able to disassemble and reassemble the most of BMP with just already mentioned big hammer.

@Cpt.FrostBite: You would be certainly surprised how sturdy, reliable, well-engineered and purpose-built is the Russian military equipment - we were pretty amazed last summer when we saw some armored vehicles.

EDIT: I made both textures for the flarelaunchers, we may easily update it. smile_o.gif

Edge and the rest;

That why I posted a smily. Russian equipment is very sturdy and has very little electonics that can mess it up. Very good stuff.

The russian equipment can (for western members) be compared to the M1 Sherman tank; the crew can repair almost everyting in the field. Most western tanks simply replace an entire unit when something is damaged. Although i don't know which method is better.

Those textures are so good that i almost can't tell which one is the real picture and which one is OFP

You painted this with hand? Oh my dear, this is .. it is ... I can't find the words!!!! Those textures are just... amazing

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Oh are you going to create a more detailed main rotor? It looks a bit shanty in comparison with the rest of the Hind.

Quote[/b] ]Real Mi-24V "Tiger" vs CSLA II. MOD Mi-24 "Tiger"

Textures are hand-painted by Edge!

Wow wow_o.gif Which is the real one? breathtaking.. wow_o.gif

It seems like the upcomming units have a new shinning-effect. My question is if it's really necessary to have such an effect on military-vehicles which are normally painted in dull/mat(t) colors? I mean it maybe looks good but in my opinion it's simply not realistic. wink_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

A more general question - Could one say that the Czech army's equipment is largely just adapted old Soviet equipment?

Nemesis,

Partly it is. However, much of it has been modified quite substantially, and the Czechs, like many former Eastern Bloc countries can make a lot of the modded stuff themselves.

Since the collapse of the USSR and their joining of NATO, the Czechs and others in the region are modernising their equipment, and a lot of western stuff is finding its way in. A good example is that (afaik) they are leasing some Saab Gripen jet fighters to replace old MiG 21's. Ultimately they are most likely to end up with a good mixture.

Ade smile_o.gif

PS If I'm wrong on any of the above, let me know.