Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

sounds great tounge_o.gif will marines walk the same as in halo

yeah atleast run as they do wink_o.gif wont be an exact copy, but im workin on so u can run and shoot with more accuracy smile_o.gif

yeah atleast run as they do wink_o.gif  wont be an exact copy, but im workin on so u can run and shoot with more accuracy smile_o.gif

cool biggrin_o.gif

yeah atleast run as they do wink_o.gif  wont be an exact copy, but im workin on so u can run and shoot with more accuracy smile_o.gif

oh great, OFP becomes arcade shooter sad_o.gif

oh great, OFP becomes arcade shooter  sad_o.gif

meh, whats with all u realism freaks, halo wasnt realistic, so i have no problems with this being unrealstic tounge_o.gif

run and shoot with more accuracy

Notice that he said more accuracy, not magical floating characters with perfect aim while running. More accuracy simply means that when running the soldier doesn't wave his gun around in the air like ofp soldiers do. Don't worry, its not a fps conversion, it is just a new run animation tounge_o.gif

for me moving while shooting in OFP is a bit too non-accrate so the "arcade shooter" thing doesnt substand IMO (or through HALO is a arcade shooter) tounge_o.gif

well for peps that dont whant this kinda thing, u will get an option to install the anims or not wink_o.gif so u can then stick to the BIS anims tounge_o.gif Anyways thnx for the comments guys smile_o.gif

I've got the HALO soundtrack here (Mate of mine who works at HMV gave it to me) If you people want someone to .ogg the soundtrack, let me know?

hmm, better mail my web host rock.gif

eeerh, me or u?

it seems to be "expired" (if u look in the subject bar when u try to mail em...) rock.gif

ah well, u ever gonna change that pic of the week or what? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif

well im gonna mail him, cuz I bet he hasent resived the god damn payment yet, grrrrr mad_o.gif  ones we have pix we wanna show u'll see them wink_o.gif

cant wight for the new screens tounge_o.gif erm what ever happend about the pelican vid and btw i dont whant 2 be pr ed for just asking...keep up the gd work tounge_o.gif

OK this is going to bug me forever....HOW DID YOU MAKE THE WARTHOG FLIP OVER?! So many scriptors would love to know this because it was deemed an OFP engine limitation....TELL....TELLL!

HOW DID YOU MAKE THE WARTHOG FLIP OVER?

Okay, I'll tell you how I did it, but it can only be done on an addon, as it requires editing the model. This is so simple, and the only reason no one has figured it out yet is that no one has made an addon that requires flipping. Basically, all i did was put 2 tall boxes on the side of the warthog, in the geometry lod. Then made the simple animations to make the boxes swing down, acting like pushing arms that push against the ground and make the warthog flip itself. Simple enough, but not done yet. The problem with this is that OFP doesn't check the geometry lod of something that isn't moving. That is why you can place empty vehicles in the air, or why elevators don't work on units that are standing still. So, all I had to do was make a simple script that 'jiggles' the warthog if it isn't moving. Then I added the flipping arm animations to the jiggle script and it works flawlessly. I'll post a pic of it in action to show you what I mean about flipping arms.

edit

--------------

arms in thier normal state (grey boxes) These are actually in the geometry lod but I copied them to the visual lod so you could see them

flip1.jpg

And now the arms rotated and flipped the hog over

flip2.jpg

then they will return to the original state so they can be used again and again.

In theory, someone could make a small platform that would flip any object on top of it, the object being flipped would have to be jiggled a bit to get it to work, but it should work.

Simple enough, but not done yet. The problem with this is that OFP doesn't check the geometry lod of something that isn't moving. That is why you can place empty vehicles in the air, or why elevators don't work on units that are standing still. So, all I had to do was make a simple script that 'jiggles' the warthog if it isn't moving. Then I added the flipping arm animations to the jiggle script and it works flawlessly.

Great work. Good thinking. Congrats! Can't wait see it in game.

MO VIDEO RELESE

ok chief and I was playing an MP game, so we desided to relese a little vid for u showing of the battle tounge_o.gif

fetured stuff:

-warthog

-pelican (yes its right u can see the pelican ingame, my version has some bugs, thats why u cant see the effects crazy_o.gif )

-shotgun, got it before chief chould take it, haha tounge_o.gif

-sniper rifle, and other weapons

its a simple battle against large amounts of ruskies (check out when he runs em over with the hog in the distance (ruins area)

happy watching smile_o.gif

Halo MP video 10mb / 2.36 min long

next vid might be the pelican one only, but thats chief's desision wink_o.gif

LOL great video. Why didn't you wait for me I was running to the pelican! lol anyways keep in mind that there were no finished models in this video, and none of the pelican scripts were working yet. Lots of stuff like the getin position of the pelican will all be fixed and right now most of the stuff is placeholders.

Looks pretty good biggrin_o.gif

Especially like the part when you eject out of the Pelican ;)

Keep up the good work! smile_o.gif

lol

nice video wow_o.gif

as MrZig said keep up the good work

Good stuff! The marines looks good! But where is the tank? I want TANK!!! biggrin_o.gif

Looks pretty good  biggrin_o.gif

Especially like the part when you eject out of the Pelican ;)

Keep up the good work!  smile_o.gif

Good work? DONT YOU MEAN GREAT WORK! biggrin_o.gif