Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

Big omg, and a h00ha to unsung, greetings to drow biggrin_o.gif

cheers, aviel.

nice shotty smile_o.gif and thanks for the tutorials silent N deadly

Hey Master Chief I gotta question.. What all needs to be done?

Maybe I could help make some non-started stuff, if you have any?

meX0r remove image tags when quoting please.

what do you mean?

He means... When quoting a post that has a picture in it you should delete the wink_o.gif

Ya, me got another question, this time about the plasma weaponry. If you fire with them will we see some halo like bolts or do they look like the ordinary ofp tracers? Sorry if this question has been asked (if so please tell me where, might have missed it). ghostface.gif

Oh man I cant wait for that. How did you manage to change the regular bullets, with the drop command? rock.gif

could it be missles with low dammage value, changed explosions (plasma like) , and diffrent model? wink_o.gif .

perhaps also with a glowing twxture, that would be... "special" wink_o.gif .

could it be missles with low dammage value, changed explosions (plasma like) , and diffrent model?  wink_o.gif .

perhaps also with a glowing twxture, that would be... "special"  wink_o.gif .

Whatever it is, I don't care, woohoo for plasma bolts!! tounge_o.gif

u can check it the weapon was fired and

create such an effect via drop command and let teh drop stuff follow the bullet

easy as that..

Can you give a progress report?

Like a list of whats done/not done, to give us an idea of what is needing done/etc?

Like:

Are the weapons, soldiers and animations done?

Is there a campaign in the progress?

What all still needs to be done?

*Don't mean to be rude.

no such list exists. I'm not the kind of addon maker who can translate the progress of thier work into a percentage. This is because new ideas and problems are always arising.

Here is where I am (kinda):

Models

-------

all models are in game. Some need thier lods imported, and some older models like the Warthog and Scorpion need to be replaced with new xbox models as the old ones where manually textured and have no lods. Ah yes, and the jungle marines need heads...

Sounds

-------

I have all the weapons and vehicle sounds I have needed so far. Stuff like footstep and ambient sounds will be done later.

Scripts

-------

most major scripts are done. Some need tweaking, some need to be merged with others and some need to be moved from the mission folder and integrated into the addons.

Config

-------

most stuff is done and tweaked the way I want it. I still have to mess with armor and weapon values, but this won't be tough as Halo can provide me with the different values from the .map files.

Animations

-----------

This is the area I am most behind in. The Humans have the most anims, the grunt is still missing important movement anims, and the hunters/elites/jackels have no anims. Ofp animation is a tough thing, so getting something to look right is a miracle.

Islands

-------

Haven't actually started an island, but I have many structures, ground textures and ideas that will speed up the process.

World upgrade

--------------

This is one area that I really like changing. New sky, clouds, sun, removed the moon, new particles and effects, new tank and vehicle track effects to match the warthog/ scorpion, new ground and water details, new icons/cursors, edited the main config quite a bit and changed the names of stuff to make it more Haloish or generally better. Ie 'auto-hover' is now 'hover mode', 'Get in Warthog as driver' is now 'enter driver seat of warthog', 'put m16 to pelican' is now 'put m16 in pelican'. Stuff like that.

That's more detailed than I expected lol.

Okay so a brief sum up is:

There's a bit of cleaning up to do with scripts, lods, etc.

You need to make alot of animations.

And finally you'd like to make an island.

Sounds like.. Ohh.. 2 years of more work tounge_o.gif lol

Is Cribban still on the team? I thought he was making all those animations?

~Merry Christmas!~ xmas_o.gif

Will the Island contain villages/small towns too? Or only single buildings here and there? Are you still intending on releasing the UNSC troops as a seperate addon, or are you gonna release everything at once (including the covenant)? You do this stuff all alone or do you have some help? Sorry for buggin you with too much questions tounge_o.gif

Will the Island contain villages/small towns too? Or only single buildings here and there? Are you still intending on releasing the UNSC troops as a seperate addon, or are you gonna release everything at once (including the covenant)? You do this stuff all alone or do you have some help?

The islands will be on Halo, so there are 'structures' not buildings, and there are no towns or villages. I will release the UNSC separatly, but I will also include at least one alien and a map of some kind. Maybe just a blood gulch type map for ctf games. I've done almost all of this stuff alone, although a few people have helped me out along the way. The only person to actually do any work on it is Cribban, but I haven't heard from him in a long time.

I've been playing with the command menus, and I was able to implement something I've always wanted: a quick menu. It has all of my most used commands and is easy to use, because all you do is hit the '~' key to select your guys and bring up the command menu, then 'tab' which is below the '~'.

menu01.jpg

It can be very usefull for lot of people, i always wished to have a something like this for commands i use very often.

What part of the config files have you modified to achieve this ?

Wow, that's awesome! Hopefully you'll enlighten us all with the knowledge of how to do that... wink_o.gif