Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacobaby

1.95 problems

I wonder if someone could write a script when the vehicle gets to its full capacity then it wont let you load ammo into it anymore. rock.gif

updated from 1.94 to 1.95, and now the game wont start...and I get an error that says "Cannot initialize Direct Input (Direct X 8 Required)".

But, I have the latest version of Direct X (Direct X 9b), shouldnt that work?

anybody???

updated from 1.94 to 1.95, and now the game wont start...and I get an error that says "Cannot initialize Direct Input (Direct X 8 Required)".

anybody???

Do you use a joystick?

anybody???

Do you use a joystick?

Yes, sometimes....why?

There is a bug that exibits itself with ECP mod loaded + very large complicated (scripting wise) missions. When you click on retry to load an autosave this error will almost always happen.

quicksave_load_error.jpg

quicksave_load_error2.jpg

Both screen shots are the errors trying to load the same savegame file. The item## varies everytime.

This happens with my Mission Operation LoJack 2 and Sui's mission Facile Ground, which both contain lots of scripting.

ECP creates tons of variables, so it seems like the game has trouble saving (or loading?) a massive amount of variables.

This bug is not new to v. 1.95. It happens just the same with 1.91, and assume it's been around for awhile.

If you guys want my crashdump files let me know and I'll send them in. Hopefully this is a bug worth fixing.

Is ANYBODY ELSE having this problem with Direct X 9 !?

Everyone cant be using DX 8 are they?

Is ANYBODY ELSE having this problem with Direct X 9 !?

Everyone cant be using DX 8 are they?

Well, try reinstalling DX9? smile_o.gif

)a)( @ Jan. 15 2004,22:53)]
Please explain what is meant by

Multiplayer:

- Several anti-cheat measures implemented.

rock.gif

If you're not planning to cheat I don't think you need to know smile_o.gif

Dumb answer...

Excuse me?

Greetings!

I d-loaded 1.95, installed no problem. Started up OFP without a problem as well and tried the "Camel Attack" mission.

The plane handled much better, but for some reason it started without MG ammo! wow_o.gif I tried rearming at the airport too and still no MG ammo. crazy_o.gif (I still beat the mission though) smile_o.gif

Other than that, it's great! I noticed a huge difference with Tonal and AEC and FDF! biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Thanks and cheers to BIS for continuing to support this legend of a battlefield simulator. wink_o.gif

Asmo

Regarding Info's about the A-nti-cheat measures:

A server admin might want to know, if he has to activate those anti-cheat measures.

Or he wants to accuse someone of cheating in a certain way, but this cheat is now automatically detected and the cheater auto-kicked...

Regarding Info's about the A-nti-cheat measures:

A server admin might want to know, if he has to activate those anti-cheat measures.

Or he wants to accuse someone of cheating in a certain way, but this cheat is now automatically detected and the cheater auto-kicked...

Exactly something like this I wanted to know.

E.g. do we have to check maps anymore or is it not possible to hack a map with 1.95?

Such things are really important cause it takes time and knowledge to do these checks and to implement and spread them around there....

I dont wanna know how it works exactly, but what it effects as Dax said before!

Placebo so do you understand now?

If not please let your comments at home...

Suma, can you confirm this above mentioned ammo bug and if you will be able to provide a fix?

Please explain what is meant by

Multiplayer:

- Several anti-cheat measures implemented.

rock.gif

Dumb answer...

Excuse me?

errm - no excuse this time - your fault tounge_o.gif

nah really Placebo, even me was wondering about your

(not so usual) ignorance in your answer to Sicilians harmless

question.

OK, maybe i would just have explained the motivation

of the question instead of posting that "dumb blabla".

However: what do we not have to fear anymore, related

to "cheats ruining our multiplayer games"?

~S~ CD

Dumb answer...

Excuse me?

As a server admin it would be nice to know what is going on on your server. When a regular (or youself) gets kicked/banned

from your server it's nicer when you know what triggers it to work around it (by making ofp "clean" or something) than just do the old "reinstall ofp" trick...

Also, if the anticheat only kicks people, i as an admin would rather ban them. At least if i knew the detected cheat was serious enough. So if someone is positively identified i would want to know what exactly was detected so i can react apropriately. I don't mind custom faces, new island or sky textures or different sounds at all. I would not like people getting kicked or even banned from my server because of something like this without an option to disable this feature and without even knowing about this.

And i guess league admins/squads too would like a more open information policy regarding the anticheat improvements.

Sicilian is working on anticheat measures for leagues himself, so it would be nice to know which topics are now already dealt with and what is detected and how the game reacts to it. A simple "yeah, some cheats will be detected (we won't tell you what) and something will happen (we won't tell you what)" actually helps no one.

Guest jacobaby

Too bad so many of you hijacked the bugs thread with so much spammy nonsense.

Anyway, here's another Bug, its a good one, and Im not certain its been seen before, but I cannot directly associate it with 1.95 at this time.

Here's the deal.

Place an empty SCUD unit on a map. Then get in, and use action "Launch Scud".

After playing the animation, the scud vehicle itself goes into a crazy mode, all distorted and moving around.

Also, ther are some rather funky effects when you get out, including a visit to the ocean!

Others have seen this too, but have any of you?

TJ

Others have seen this too, but have any of you?

TJ

Yes!

scudbug.jpg

After you fired the scud, all is getting normal.

MfG Lee

Anyway, here's another Bug, its a good one, and Im not certain its been seen before, but I cannot directly associate it with 1.95 at this time.

I've never experienced this before but now I have.

I think we can say for sure that this is new in 1.95b

EDIT: Just tested. This does not happen with 1.92

hi, my problem is on linux:

sxan101:/kunden/ofp# ./server-1.95.shar

Operation Flashpoint Resistance dedicated server 1.95

x - creating lock directory

x - extracting server (binary)

./server-1.95.shar: uudecode: command not found

restore of server failed

server: MD5 check failed

x - extracting ofpserver (binary)

restore of ofpserver failed

x - extracting tolower.c (binary)

restore of tolower.c failed

x - extracting readme.txt (binary)

restore of readme.txt failed

Converting OFP directory:

No file-names were converted

can you help me?

Is this the long waited for "frickin laser beam"rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Ontopic: I don´t get this error. Is it everytime on every map?

MfG Lee

Guest jacobaby

I too have noticed that tearing.

What I had was red coloured (same as the sky) and appeared every now and again.

Definetly a new graphical glitch.

TJ

my specs

P4 1.7ghz

512 mb ram

geforce 4600 ti 128mb

nvidia drivers

There is a bug that exibits itself with ECP mod loaded + very large complicated (scripting wise) missions. When you click on retry to load an autosave this error will almost always happen.

[im]http://toadlife.net/stuff/forum_pics/quicksave_load_error.jpg[/img]

snip

Both screen shots are the errors trying to load the same savegame file. The item## varies everytime.

This happens with my Mission Operation LoJack 2 and Sui's mission Facile Ground, which both contain lots of scripting.

ECP creates tons of variables, so it seems like the game has trouble saving (or loading?) a massive amount of variables.

This bug is not new to v. 1.95. It happens just the same with 1.91, and assume it's been around for awhile.

If you guys want my crashdump files let me know and I'll send them in. Hopefully this is a bug worth fixing.

This is the good old Savegame bug...  tounge_o.gif  would be nice if this could be fixed finally... I mean damn it's hard to be optimistic about some missions/systems when the loadgame won't work.  We've looked at these save games on numberous occations at CoC, they don't "appear" to be corrupted at all.  Seems to be a loading issue.

And I have never seen this savegame bug on a small mission, or even on one that doesn't have many scripts doing stuff.

I too have noticed that tearing.

Can you reproduce it?

Cause I have the same graphics card (ti 4600).

MfG Lee