Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacobaby

1.95 problems

some german missions wont work properly since 1.95b, cos 1.95 doesnt accept variables with Ü/ü/Ä/ä/Ö/ö...

Is this the long waited for "frickin laser beam"rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Ontopic: I don´t get this error. Is it everytime on every map?

MfG Lee

Yup it`s on every map but only under a surten angle faced west, north /south-west

Yesterday I checked alone with a chopper and I almost started to believe it was an alien body laserscan biggrin_o.gif

Because it pointed directly on the chopper crazy_o.gif

When you fly or moving fast you cant hardly see what it is but very anoying mad_o.gif

some german missions wont work properly since 1.95b, cos 1.95 doesnt accept variables with Ü/ü/Ä/ä/Ö/ö...

Actually, it was never good style to use them in coding, ue, ae and oe should be used instead...

hi, my problem is on linux:

sxan101:/kunden/ofp# ./server-1.95.shar

Operation Flashpoint Resistance dedicated server 1.95

x - creating lock directory

x - extracting server (binary)

./server-1.95.shar: uudecode: command not found

restore of server failed

server: MD5 check failed

x - extracting ofpserver (binary)

restore of ofpserver failed

x - extracting tolower.c (binary)

restore of tolower.c failed

x - extracting readme.txt (binary)

restore of readme.txt failed

Converting OFP directory:

No file-names were converted

can you help me?

You are missing uudecode on your system. E.g. for SuSE linux, uudecode can be found in the sharutils package; I imagine that the package is called similar for other linux distributions.

I've found 2 bugs.

1. The Scud Launcher model becomes corrupt when you try and launch a scud. Try it, you'll see what I mean. This does not happen in 1.91.

2. When your AI leader orders you to rearm, the rearm icon appears on the HUD for only a split second. Not even enough time to read that it says "Rearm". I have Extended HUD info enabled and I'm running in cadet mode. The icon used to (and should) stay on your HUD until you rearm. This happens even with 1.91. I don't know when things went wrong.

Actually, it was never good style to use them in coding, ue, ae and oe should be used instead...

i know, but not all german mission makers do know it biggrin_o.gifsad_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

OK, can anybody else confirm this too.

Server running either 1.95 deddy server exe OR standard with -server switch.

Running FDF mod.

When loading a mission, the server crashes, and all players get booted with missing adon errors.

There is this error msg on the server. Looks like its due to a texture size on an FDF addon.

error1.jpg

Anybody?

Here are the bug files for BIS, sry no time to upload, still testing.

http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org/files/Flashpoint.rpt

http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org/files/context.bin

UPDATE: Trying to load SebNam missions we got the same error. Server crashed each time.

Standard BIS MP missions load fine.

Can anybody confirm/deny this?

TJ

This is the good old Savegame bug...  tounge_o.gif  would be nice if this could be fixed finally... I mean damn it's hard to be optimistic about some missions/systems when the loadgame won't work.  We've looked at these save games on numberous occations at CoC, they don't "appear" to be corrupted at all.  Seems to be a loading issue.

It makes sense that you guys over at CoC have seen this. Perhaps it should be called the "loadgame' bug instead? tounge_o.gif

Anywho, this bug, if not fixed will doom the ECP mod. ECP is growing everyday, and I'm afraid that soon, you wont need a 'big' mission to see your savegames cause a CTD with ECP enabled.

Telling people who report this to 'try and NOT die' isn't exactly what they want to hear. crazy_o.gif

no crashes with finmod and 1.95 yet at our dedicated server. maybe it's another addon which causes this?

Guest jacobaby

Regarding the errors in my post above.

As far as I can tell, If a player joins with a squad logo that is incorrectly sized, then it will crash the 1.95 dedicated server.

Can anybody confirm that?

TJ

I apologize for the double post-

1.95 Server bugs-

Seems to be utilizing more/Ram to the point of RAM being choked.

Not releasing RAM when a map is completed.

Problems with SP/MP support pack by snyper.

Doesn't seem to handle complex scripts and\or loops well anymore.

When you try to view sideways in planes and choppers the view gets centered every time you release the button. Looking up/down is ok but not sideways.

It's allmost impossible to look around now wich is verry important in planes and choppers.

When you try to view sideways in planes and choppers the view gets centered every time you release the button. Looking up/down is ok but not sideways.

It's allmost impossible to look around now wich is verry important in planes and choppers.

I agree.

Yeah, autocentering view is a bitch with fixed and rotary wing aircrafts.

I noticed I got the fameous yellow brick in the lower right corner quite often while playing at MTCO last night. And finally it turned red and I went to bed (after 5 hours of play).

We were only 4 people playing and avg ping to server was 100

We also had problem receiving a mission once. Everyone's screen froze at 0 kb received. After approx two minutes all players got disconnected. We reconnected and tried a different mission and never experienced the issue again. Don't know if this was a server/client-issue or a instability with 1.95b

Anyone else experienced this?

This auto center thing is maybe more a feature than a bug. I fly with a joystick and use the cooly head to change view. Maybe BIS implemented it to make it easier to reorientate after looking sideways.

I' am also not all sure if I like it. Maybe I just have to get used to it.

I also get the tearing grafical glitch with 1.95b.

This auto center thing is maybe more a feature than a bug. I fly with a joystick and use the cooly head to change view. Maybe BIS implemented it to make it easier to reorientate after looking sideways.

Keypad 5 is used to center your view ....

Since keypad 5 still exists I think this is a glitch, not a feature.

Quote[/b] ]I too have noticed that tearing.

What I had was red coloured (same as the sky) and appeared every now and again.

Definetly a new graphical glitch.

TJ

my specs

P4 1.7ghz

512 mb ram

geforce 4600 ti 128mb

nvidia drivers

I don't have this bug and I got a (Asus) GF4Ti4600 128MB too.

I run det. 52.16 (win xp)

Maybe this patch is reacting differently to some features in some drivers.

I noticed I got the fameous yellow brick in the lower right corner quite often while playing at MTCO last night. And finally it turned red and I went to bed (after 5 hours of play).

We were only 4 people playing and avg ping to server was 100

We also had problem receiving a mission once. Everyone's screen froze at 0 kb received. After approx two minutes all players got disconnected. We reconnected and tried a different mission and never experienced the issue again. Don't know if this was a server/client-issue or a instability with 1.95b

Anyone else experienced this?

This has happened to me on MTCO as well. I think it has something to do with one of the missions on the server. I'm pretty sure that Suchey knows about it.

Since keypad 5 still exists I think this is a glitch, not a feature.

I think its a feature - not everyone uses the keypad to look around. But you are right in sofar as that it should be possible to choose wether you want this behaviour or not.

Is this the long waited for "frickin laser beam"rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Ontopic: I don´t get this error. Is it everytime on every map?

MfG Lee

Yup it`s on every map but only under a surten angle faced west, north /south-west

Yesterday I checked alone with a chopper and I almost started to believe it was an alien body laserscan biggrin_o.gif

Because it pointed directly on the chopper crazy_o.gif

When you fly or moving fast you cant hardly see what it is but very anoying mad_o.gif

Yeah i get it too, i was on Malden and got it???

Seem to be alot of bugs for a "patch".

This is the good old Savegame bug... tounge_o.gif would be nice if this could be fixed finally... I mean damn it's hard to be optimistic about some missions/systems when the loadgame won't work. We've looked at these save games on numberous occations at CoC, they don't "appear" to be corrupted at all. Seems to be a loading issue.

It makes sense that you guys over at CoC have seen this. Perhaps it should be called the "loadgame' bug instead? tounge_o.gif

Anywho, this bug, if not fixed will doom the ECP mod. ECP is growing everyday, and I'm afraid that soon, you wont need a 'big' mission to see your savegames cause a CTD with ECP enabled.

Telling people who report this to 'try and NOT die' isn't exactly what they want to hear. crazy_o.gif

Yeah I know/agree, and it seems to me a game loader would be fairly easy to debug...

I posted this in the ECP thread too: Since 195 i can't start ecp on my linux dedicated anymore, it just segfaults. Worked fine with 194. Is this part of the new and undocumented anticheat stuff or something else?

I've updated to 1.95.

When i go to Multiplay and start loading servers, nothing happends.  I don't get any server to choose  from and the loading-line isn't working (near Gamespy logo).

I'm behind a NAT-firewall (router) but that never was a problem.

Am i an exception, or is it just because there aren't  servers on 1.95 yet ?

1 Clan i know of, is running on 1.95 (at this moment)

Plz help me!!

Sskunk

***I've looked some further, and i also cannot start local server now.  When i select  "NEW" at multiplay, nothing happend.  I return to server-load sreen after 10 seconds of trying after pressing NEW-button. I do get message "Create Client..."  then it trows me back.

Anyone got the same???***

-----------------------------------------------------------

REPORT:

I've reinstalled OFP from 1.0 to 1.3 to 1.46

next to 1.75 to 1.91

Added BETA 1.94 & 1.95

Strange thing is i also didn't load servers @ version:  1.3 & 1.46 now.  Also the "NEW" button to create local server didn't work.

@1.75 same.

Now i can start 1.91  1.94  and 1.95.

When i use original file names, i do get to see dedicated servers by using 1.94.  @ 1.94 also the create local server works!!!

Using 1.91 or 1.95 both give the problem.

No ded.server loads in menu & jumping back while trying to create local server. (during "create client..." message)

I am behind NAT firewall on router.  I tried to set gameports 2302/UDP but i'm not experienced with that sort of thing. Ports are set in Router-setup screen, as well as for WinXP firewall.

It didn't work!!

I really like some explanation for this, and maybe an solution.

Regards

Ss   blues.gif

****EDIT****

I've found my solution:

I used to use ZoneAlarm but not lately. It was installed but i didn't load at startup.

Now i turn Zonealarm on and set the execuables to safe, al is working again.

I only need to press Refresh now which at first worked immediatly on MP. but i can live with tht.

Of for some more gaming...

****EDIT****

Guest jacobaby

Small update on the "Laser beam" issue as it has come to be known.

The colour of the tearing seems invariably to be the background colour of the sky. Ie pale blue for daytime, reddish for dawns/dusk.

TJ

I had a few CTDs with 1.95, none with 1.94. I send the flashpoint.rpt & context.bin to BIS. Let's see what was causing that.