Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacobaby

1.95 problems

I do not know if this is exclusive to 1.95, or if anyone has posted it already.

But on my computer and someone else's when u prep a SCUD for launch some really weird things start happening...

in 1st person the screen turns white and u hear this weird sound

in 3rd person the scud is all deformed

when your not in it it is all deformed and it happens when the AI try to launch too.

Also if u get out it forces you into the ocean. try it out and see.

wink_o.gif

When leader dies, the "leadership" doesnt transfer, at least in some maps. A really annoying bug(?). Anyone else noticed?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read in some previous beta's readme that the remaining time count for the in-game browser/ASE/Gamespy had been fixed. Now when I look up servers I mostly see something like 15 minutes left. Did 1.95 mess this up again or is the bug still present?

No, this depends on the mission running. If the mission has no fixed duration it will always show 15 minutes.

Guest jacobaby
Okay,...this one is REALLY annoying.

Situation: I have a BIS Blackhawk with a squad of Rangers in cargo (all AI, chopper and Rangers).

I have waypoint set up so the chopper moves to a spot on Tonal, and fast ropes the Rangers in.

If I am standing where I can actually SEE the Rangers rope down from the chopper, everything works fine.

BUT...If I am not within viewing distance of the fast rope waypoint...the chopper just stops, hovers there indefinitely, and does not rope in the Rangers.

NOW...If you start moving toward the location of that waypoint, you can hear the Blackhawk hovering there...and when you get close enough to see it...the script executes, and the Rangers rope down.

This is to do with animationphase I think and viewdistance.

If you use a higher viewdistance you will find that it works correctly.

We have discovered that animations on a vehicle only local to a dedicated server are not correctly applied, and so any sqs which calls the animphase from a (deddy server local) will have it returned wrongly, unless a player unit is VERY close to it or in it. I am putting together an example of this for BIS perusal.

I have updated video drivers to the latest from Nvidia, and will test for laser beams tonight.

TJ

-1.95 -  Fixed:  AI units could not take any magazines.  The bug always exists.  

-1.95 -  Fixed:  Rendering artifact:  White dowries gold lines one has ground when using HW T&L.  For me it is worse:  flash of large white bandages like flash-laser

-1.95 -  Improved:  AI Airplane dogfight evasive tactics.  Certain planes become unusable by AI, in particular too low fly - > Crash

- Bug with the scud!

Guest jacobaby

LASER BEAMS;

The story so far.

/edit

UPDATED:

I checked in preferences and HWTL had been turned off at some point. Enabling HWTL seems to have got rid of the problem.

\edit

They seem limited to Nvidia cards.

They are not driver related. I started with nvidia drivers 45.23 and also ended with 53.04. the problem is still there.

As far as I can see it is the background colour of the sky that is tearing through.

BIS, do you know the cause of these? or do you need extra details like gfx card type and HWTL settings etc?

Thanks

TJ

Okay,...this one is REALLY annoying.

Situation: I have a BIS Blackhawk with a squad of Rangers in cargo (all AI, chopper and Rangers).

I have waypoint set up so the chopper moves to a spot on Tonal, and fast ropes the Rangers in.

If I am standing where I can actually SEE the Rangers rope down from the chopper, everything works fine.

BUT...If I am not within viewing distance of the fast rope waypoint...the chopper just stops, hovers there indefinitely, and does not rope in the Rangers.

NOW...If you start moving toward the location of that waypoint, you can hear the Blackhawk hovering there...and when you get close enough to see it...the script executes, and the Rangers rope down.

This is to do with animationphase I think and viewdistance.

If you use a higher viewdistance you will find that it works correctly.

We have discovered that animations on a vehicle only local to a dedicated server are not correctly applied, and so any sqs which calls the animphase from a (deddy server local) will have it returned  wrongly, unless a player unit is VERY close to it or in it. I am putting together an example of this for BIS perusal.

I have updated video drivers to the latest from Nvidia, and will test for laser beams tonight.

TJ

But, Im talking about single player...

why would a dedicated server have anything to do with it?

And it did not do this before I upgraded to 1.95

But on my computer and someone else's when u prep a SCUD for launch some really weird things start happening...

in 1st person the screen turns white and u hear this weird sound

in 3rd person the scud is all deformed

when your not in it it is all deformed and it happens when the AI try to launch too.

Also if u get out it forces you into the ocean. try it out and see.

Yes i get that with scud ie, scudOne action ["SCUD Launch"]

it sticks its head into the ground,if you start the scud it comes out of the ground again just to say hello biggrin_o.gif

Im on 1.95, FX5200.

Cant use v1.96 cant go multiplayer with it,even if i disable zone alarm.

LASER BEAMS;

The story so far.

I checked in preferences and HWTL had been turned off at some point. Enabling HWTL seems to have got rid of the problem.

BIS, do you know the cause of these? or do you need extra details like gfx card type and HWTL settings etc?

Yes, we know the cause - it was a bug in out S&W TL view frustum clipping code. It is fixed in 1.96.

Quote[/b] ]Cant use v1.96 cant go multiplayer

I cannot see anything at the OFP side which could cause this. The changes between 1.95 and 1.96 are really small (a few lines were changed only) and there was no change in the basic MP functionality.

I cannot see anything at the OFP side which could cause this. The changes between 1.95 and 1.96 are really small (a few lines were changed only) and there was no change in the basic MP functionality.

Is 1.96 Linux out yet? rock.gif

Be sure to permit the 1.96.exe (flashpointbeta.exe?) to your firewall again...

Quote[/b] ]Cant use v1.96 cant go multiplayer

I have ofp game of the year edition and i have all the patches from 1.85->1.95 beta installed successfully but when i installed 1.96 and played MP the Ram memory usage skyrockets and Ofp had to be ctrl+alt+del'eted but it wasn't necesseary even because as soon as i presed those keys it shut down imidately wow_o.gif really fast but my comp had to be restarted and not even my ram booster program helped crazy_o.gif because even windows lagged so much.

i have a amd xp 2000 processor , geforce 2 mx and 512 mb in ram and the funny thing the map was desert island. But i get somekind of freeze up error pretty often now when i alt+tab between the paused game & windows.

anyways i hope you fix new beta patches every week if you can , to fix this problem and adding new content to the game with new scripting stuff or so that helps mission makers, modders and online players smile_o.gif Have a nice weekend BIS. im gonna install my new 80 gig hardrive this weekend if the store got it delivered yet wink_o.gif

Be sure to adjust your ofs refresh rate to different than your

desktops refresh rate is. how big is your addon folder btw?

1.95 Server bugs-

Seems to be utilizing more/Ram to the point of RAM being choked.

Not releasing RAM when a map is completed.

Problems with SP/MP support pack by snyper.

Doesn't seem to handle complex scripts and\or loops well anymore.

I didn't notice the ram issue (yet?), but the server load has been exceptionally high yesterday the whole evening, like 3 or 4 times higher than it was with 194 the times before.

Maybe it's not an issue anymore as 196 is out, at least for windows, but now i noticed the ram issue too. The server sometimes uses up to 770mb of ram where it did only use about 130mb before. I hope this is already fixed in 196 when this gets our for linux...