Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

American tanks

Thanks ALOT Sigma.

Are your previous version of T Series tanks still compatible with this (in terms of armor/gun values)? Or do you think some things were wrong in the T Series?

I can't wait for your update on the russian ones!

One more thank you, just for the record smile_o.gif

Whis'

Excellent..

nice models, textures and all...

but i noticed a few glitches with the faces of boxes (edges) and part of the gun...

is it possible to fix them in a future version of the pack ?

I know it's not something that most of people care about and the addons are nevertheless great, but they are so close to perfect and you have those ...

tankglitches1.jpg

hope this will be added to the todo list smile_o.gif

AND this is not a negative post, you people who are reading this if you are wondering if you should download and use these tanks i'd tell you : you should already have downloaded them, damn !!! biggrin_o.gif

the black eagle is the only tank that takes more then one hit to kill and the first shot kills the gunner  biggrin_o.gif which is nice if your goin 4 on 8 against them cuz u only need to hitem once and move on to the next.. disable first.. and destroy later

Sure the Black Eagle resists so much to shells. It is meant to play with BIS units and BIS gameplay. Its SABOT rounds are still HEAT rounds, very good, thanks to indirectDamage, to neutralize Sigma-6 & his friends' (ONS, RHS,...) realistic tanks and AFVs.

Compare what is comparable wink_o.gif Don't compare delicious fruits and delicious vegetables biggrin_o.gif

Just a minor complaint: I think that the main gun's muzzle doesn't look very good. Other than that, the tanks are superb biggrin_o.gif .

Something to have to BAS desert pack comes out.

DOWNLOADING AS FAST AS I CAN !

A Big Thank you Sigma6!

Now theres some more western amor besides your canadian Leopards (excellent work by the way) and probably the Leopards 1/2 of the old BWMod to counter your Tseries tanks. Also have the LAV/Bisons of you but this mentioned ammo system slips me. Could you give me a heads up? Is it meant that the ammo is split into ready and stored?

Salutes

T. out!

Wow nice looking tanks,thanx Sigma ! And any others involved

Execellent work on these tanks, the only cavet is I wish the coax worked automatically when you are the commander of the tank like it does on the Ash's Real MBT pack, that way you wouldn't have to micromanage weapons select or target commands every time some enemy moron with an AT launcher comes to attack.

I think the armor values need a little more tweaking for the M1A2's (Those tanks can take a huge beating up front and on the sides until the enemy gets closer than 2000 meters with Sabot rounds.), I can't answer for the M1A1's though.  Other than that they are an excellent pack of Abrams tanks and are well deserving of my praise.

*I rarely am impressed with many tank addons, better take my compliment and run before I change my mind.   biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Something to have to BAS desert pack comes out.

Are you implying something? rock.gifwow_o.gif

Yeeah GREAT tanks just what I needed! Christ, people have been making different UFO, hangglider, never-fielded-assault-rifle x, the 20th MP5 etc. (No offense, not aimed at anyone. tounge_o.gif ) ever since OFP came out, but a lot of the crappy BIS addons that everyone uses all the time and are widespread IRL still have no real, updated equivalent. Until now. tounge_o.gif

Thanks Sigma, I really hope you keep updating these tanks if there are any issues(you said you didn't intend to release them but I haven't found any bugs yet. wink_o.gif ).

The engine sound for the M1A1 doesn't bother me, but I guess it could be better.

Maybe next there could be a pack of highly improved M113s. smile_o.gif

I compared new Abrams` with older Sigma`s tanks T72/T80 family and T90. Well, M1A2 vs T90 duel was short. Two shots, two smoking wrecks.

I heard many oppinions about uneffective APFSDS fire, when target is front turret plates of newest tanks. Even possibly the best DK53 German ammo (~750 RHA penetration ratio) would not penetrate T90`s/M1A2`s front turret armour.

So newest Sigma`s tanks are too weak when facing each other. OFP engine of course do not allow tank armour to be as in reality, but maybe there is chance to find a balance with ammo power decreassing?

Maybe next there could be a pack of highly improved M113s. smile_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Gollum1  drools </center></span>

smile_o.gif

I compared new Abrams` with older Sigma`s tanks T72/T80 family and T90. Well, M1A2 vs T90 duel was short. Two shots, two smoking wrecks.

I heard many oppinions about uneffective APFSDS fire, when target is front turret plates of newest tanks. Even possibly the best DK53 German ammo (~750 RHA penetration ratio) would not penetrate T90`s/M1A2`s front turret armour.

So newest  Sigma`s tanks are too weak when facing each other. OFP engine of course do not allow tank armour to be as in reality, but maybe there is chance to find a balance with ammo power decreassing?

I pitted myself in a T90 versus three of the newest M1A-'s. I and all the Abrams were killed in a single shot to the front.

I love these tanks!  They are quite nice.  The engine sound though is a bit annoying as someone else said.  Perhaps this is realistic, I don't know.  I've been near M1's as they passed by and I remember they had that little turbine engine whine (like a jet engine sound sorta) but I don't remember them hurting my ears. But other then that these tanks are quite nice.  The only thing I'd like to see developed further would be a desert version of the M60 and with a .50 cal HMG built into the commander's coupola (or whatever you call that little commander's turret) even if it didn't actually function.

Also some armored sideskirts on the later A3 models of the M60 would be nice.

Another cool feature would be to see a desert version with reactive armor panels on the M60 just like the USMC M60's used during the first Gulf War and like some of the Israeli M60 tanks (although the newest IDF M60's have a very different and much more heavily armored turret).  Those are just some ideas.  But overall this pack is very cool!  

Thanks Sigma!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]Maybe next there could be a pack of highly improved M113s.

Thats where we come in wink_o.gif

Nice work Sigma, keep it up mate biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] I pitted myself in a T90 versus three of the newest M1A-'s. I and all the Abrams were killed in a single shot to the front.

At the same time? 3 vs 1? If I remember one M829 A2/3 (I am not sure about "silver bullet") hit anihilate T90 (in game, of course). So maybe it was 1 vs 1 then 1 vs 1 again and again?

Ok, now I understand. Old Abrams`.

M1A is a couple (20ish) years old. It had no chance vs a T90. An M1A2 or M1A1 HA with new ammo, would annihilate a T90.

Quote[/b] ]Thats where we come in

Another goody in the Desert Pack? And do the units in the pack only come in desert colors (I heard that there might be woodland units in the pack)?

I am sorry but I have to report that those nice tanks have the same mp problems like the T55/T64 packs. (same scripts)

In CTI, player die 2 or 3 or 4 times when their tanks get blown into pieces and they spawn as "non cti players", so they don´t have any cti specific option.

Why are all those scripts allways activated? Ok it looks nice but makes mp impossible.

Sigma, do you have the command for deactivating all those scripts fpr us please?

MfG Lee

Another goody in the Desert Pack? And do the units in the pack only come in desert colors (I heard that there might be woodland units in the pack)?

The units in the Desert Pack only come in Desert Camo.

The units in the Woodland pack, that will follow the Desert pack, will be in Woodland.

wink_o.gif

(Sorry for OT)

The units in the Desert Pack only come in Desert Camo.

The units in the Woodland pack, that will follow the Desert pack, will be in Woodland.

wink_o.gif

(Sorry for OT)

Wow that sounds a bit complex there Deadmeat...slow down.

Quote[/b] ]I am sorry but I have to report that those nice tanks have the same mp problems like the T55/T64 packs. (same scripts)

In CTI, player die 2 or 3 or 4 times when their tanks get blown into pieces and they spawn as "non cti players", so they don´t have any cti specific option.

Whoa! Thanks Lee, I just was about to put them into my HWF Build List!

Schwein gehabt...

Quote[/b] ]The units in the Desert Pack only come in Desert Camo.

Sorry, I'd gotten the idea that "Desert Pack" was just kind of a code word for a large variety of vehicles in multiple camo schemes. Kind of like how "Lost Island" was the name for two islands, many units, and vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]Wow that sounds a bit complex there Deadmeat...slow down.

blues.gif  blues.gif  blues.gif  ghostface.gif

Not to stray too far off topic, but Deadmeat I hope that BAS creates one of the uparmored M113's used in Iraq right now.  They look very similar to the Israeli Zelda APC's.  Also for those who want upgraded M113's Operation Northstar has some at:

http://operationnorthstar.com/vehicles.html

and the Lost Brothers Mod team has the uparmored M113 Zelda addon at:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/vip/

But hopefully soon we'll see some nice up-armored American M113 BAS addons that are RPG resistant (at least to one or two hits) and in both desert and woodland cammo.

Here are some pics of some uparmored M113's. However the ones I saw video of in Iraq had flat armor panels like the Zelda that extended to the middle of the road wheels on the tracks if I remember correctly. Sadly however I can't find ANY pictures of those. sad_o.gif

m113-fov2.jpg

M113.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, is that one of those "Gavin" M113s that the 82nd Airborne was testing a few years back?