Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

American tanks

Sigma has passed these off to me to release. If you are looking for something to obliterate RHS tanks these are the ticket. Included in this pack:

M1 (1985/GREEN)

M1 (1991/DESERT)

M1 (1991/GREEN)

M1A1 (1985/DESERT)

M1A1 (1985/NATO)

M1A1 (1991/DESERT)

M1A1 (1991/NATO)

M1A1 (2003/DESERT)

M1A1 (2003/NATO)

M1A2 (2003/DESERT/M829A2)

M1A2 (2003/DESERT/M829F3)

M1A2 (2003/NATO/M829A2)

M1A2 (2003/NATO/M829F3)

M60A1

M60A3 (1985/GREEN)

M60A3 (1991/GREEN)

These are very nice units. Get them on our vehicles page. Have fun!

ustanks.jpg

ustanks1.jpg

For those sad busybodies who don't have the good sense to read a readme, yes, the textures on the M1 set are Marfy's, and yes, they are there with his permission.

Werent BAS suppose to do the desert varients? rock.gif

Anyhow i am happy whoever releases it biggrin_o.gif , i wonder what the size of the pack is....my poor56k crazy_o.gif

Werent BAS suppose to do the desert varients? rock.gif

Anyhow i am happy whoever releases it  biggrin_o.gif  , i wonder what the size of the pack is....my poor56k  crazy_o.gif

Just 8.27MB, Ace... not too much for your 56k, I hope. crazy_o.gif

I'm kinda surprised to see them, as me too thought they were going to be included in BAS desert pack.. What happened?

Anyway, I'm very happy to have them on my HD now. biggrin_o.gif

Will check them out soon.

Basically, this means that BAS can concentrate on the newer versions of the tank that they're working on (they're primarily concerned with the 2003 stuff that went to GW2 with all the accoutrements thereon).

Rest assured, the BAS ones will look better and have more tweaks and scripts, etc.

This is really just to tide over and satisfy people who wanted a clear picture in the meantime of what the RHS stuff is matched against. (not that they're not 'compatible' with BIS stuff, it's just that the BIS M1A1 makes little sense in terms of its values.)

very nice addon i am glad someone has finally done new m60s and a green 1985 era m1 smile_o.gif keep up the gd work these will b staying on my hard drive for sure biggrin_o.gif

8.27 MB yahoo this isnt much already got 50% biggrin_o.gif

I agree with your armor values and really appreciate your efforts in the tank arena so far good job smile_o.gif , BIS's values your right seemed a bit over the top when it came to abrams.It takes me nearly 5-6 hits to destroy a abram.

Lets see how many these eat...

Hmm, I'll give em a try.  I still like the Ash Real MBT& IFV pack better than any other armor addon I've used in OFP,

ever.

Ash's MBT & IFV has a longer and more realistic engagement maximum range than most OFP armor addons are.  Anything closer than 1500 meters is a slugfest in real life with MBT's, if it hits straight, then it's probably going through and has a high chance of destroying it all together or it could just kill the crew with tons of metal shrapnel as it rips thru.

I just tried them out for a few minutes in the editor. Great work Sigma! It seems strange to finally see a realistic looking M1A2, and the new models look much more realistic. The M60's are especially nice. They look so much different to the BIS ones and the textures are waaaay better. Does the M60 have a new interior too? It seemed different? If so, you clearly put a LOT of effort into them.

Two small things I noticed:

-there is a small untextured square on the top left of the Abrams, at the back over the engine (go on third person view whilst in the tank to see it)

-the underneath of the Abrams turret is a solid black colour which looks a bit strange - is it meant to be this way?

One thing I would have liked to see is the M240 mounted over the loader's cupola, as it seems daft to have such accurately modelled M1's without that 'key component' there, but I guess it would have eaten into the poly count somewhat. I still think it would look a lot better to have it present though.

Anyway, this is a superb pack, not only for the new models but also because it allows realistic engagements vs the RHS tanks. A definite keeper... at least until the BAS Desert Pack arrives. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

woooohaah

*imagines a seiously big ass RHS vs. Sigma tankbattle*

thanks alot smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

-there is a small untextured square on the top left of the Abrams, at the back over the engine (go on third person view whilst in the tank to see it)

Needless to say, among people testing this and myself, there are a lot of different files of different levels of development. That little untextured square is there (believe it or not) so that, by its colour, ingame, I can tell if the model is binarized or not.

Quote[/b] ]Ash's MBT & IFV has a longer and more realistic engagement maximum range than most OFP armor addons are.  Anything closer than 1500 meters is a slugfest in real life with MBT's, if it hits straight, then it's probably going through and has a high chance of destroying it all together or it could just kill the crew with tons of metal shrapnel as it rips thru.

These tanks have realistic engagement ranges (3333 for the M1, as in RL, and BTW, the RHS T-55 pack also has realistic engagement ranges, etc. . ) and armour values, etc. . . I'd argue personally, that they're more true to life (and more true to RHS) than Ash's.  No offense to him, there's just nothing he did that I haven't done in this and the RHS packs (and the ONS leopards)

Though there are a few bugs, remember, these were never intended for release.

Many thanks. smile_o.gif

Yes, many tanks. wink_o.gif

D/Ling now, this is surely a needed addon! wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

nice work sigma. the sounds are good smile_o.gif

abramsbridge.jpg Quick edit of a screenshot smile_o.gif I like the NATO camo allot more then the default one. Looks nicer! smile_o.gif Great work sigma.

nice work sigma. the sounds are good smile_o.gif

The firing sound is really good, yes, but I would have wished for a slightly modified engine sound for the m1. It should at least be less noisy. Granted that a turbine has a unique sound, but the one you chose starts to annoy me soon after starting the engine. Maybe it's the pitch?

Would be great to see (hear actually) a better sound in later version. The FDF T80 sound for example really does sound nice for a turbine. Maybe you could come up with something similar?

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Let me put it this way:

1: 2, target T80.

2: Roger!

1: Fire!

BOOOM. One shot, the thing was up in smoke.The shot went through the armor like butter.