Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Flashpoint2.com updated?

It would also lead to leaders in addons and modifications with too much power over the OFP community. A dictatorship almost, except they don't really have absolute power.

If you know what I mean.

I love ofp SO FREAKING MUCH!!!!  OFP2 IS GONNA RULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Keep the HELL GOOD work up BIS !  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I think dynamic lighting would be more useful than the dynamic lightning advertised. tounge_o.gif

let me thing:

I came up with this idea:

BIS is working longer on OFP2 then we know...

So maybe the 2004 date could be rechead because BIS was working longer on it then we known from them.

As you see OFP X-box releases this month...

The the only thing could be is: Main project: OFP 2

biggrin_o.gif

may be just me but i cant find them screens :/ when i try and turn the knob (hehehe knob) it dont work :/

I for one am glad that BIS has decided to move away from the Vietnam era (IF they have). Recently we've seen a glut of Vietnam based games (prey none could ever be as good as OFP, but thats not the point)

With the new capabilities in OFP2, imagine what we could have; FULLY functional IR pointers, 4th/5th generation NV Goggles and all the other bells and whistles that you get on modern troops. Helicopters with a full suite of visual aids and defensive aids.

*drools*

I can't wait to get my modding hands on OFP2, its gonna be sweet

*drools*

*drools at Deadmeats drool*

Don't you worry, we can't wait for you to get your modding hands on OFP2. That's gonna be sweet!!!  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

But DM, whats your reaction to the works presented in the teaser, how do you feel that your work could potentially be used for OFP2. Do you have any problems with it, and had BIS contacted you, or will you assume nothing until screenshots with more clarity are out. I'm just curious.

But DM, whats your reaction to the works presented in the teaser, how do you feel that your work could potentially be used for OFP2. Do you have any problems with it, and had BIS contacted you, or will you assume nothing until screenshots with more clarity are out. I'm just curious.

Absolutely nothing atm, whilst the pics do look like some of our units, until something with more clarity comes out I'm not going to speculate.

What I would love to do is work with/for BIS, providing our work for OFP2. I know all of the BAS team, and other mod makers would be greatly honoured for this to happen, so you never know. The ball is, as they say, in BIS' court. wink_o.gif

OMG..When I saw the modern tv my jaw dropped..They made a genious move scraping Vietnam era..When I heared that Flashpoint 2 is was the 60`s I was sad cause alot of possibilities were missed.Now everything is perfect

GR 2,Soldner move over OF 2 is coming!!!!!!

Not Found

The requested URL /mainpage.html was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.23 Server at www.flashpoint2.com Port 80

thats all i get when i movie the top knob to the second notch :/ can somone save those screens and up them somwhere?

i think i am totally confused........ sad_o.gif

(BIS STOP PLAYING WITH US PLZZZZZZZZ)

Oh f**k.

S**t.

An international contingent sent out to dismantle a threat to the free world. Modern era.

Is it Al-Qaeda, BIS? Is it *gasp* N.O.D LEAD BY THE NEFARIOUS KANE!? I hope you're a manly American accompanied by Frenchmen who like cheese and Englishmen who complain that they aren't getting any tea, since it's "international". Wahoo!

By the way, DF: Black Hawk Down is my favorite game EVA!

Thanks for...enriching...*gack* my Christmas, BIS! biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Thanks for making something that stands out of the crowd! Anti-terrorism, wow, who would have thought of that!

Disclaimer: This post is not sarcastic in any way.

Not Found

thats all i get when i movie the top knob to the second notch :/ can somone save those screens and up them somwhere?

Check it here:

OFP2 Pictures

Ah are those pics from OFP2 or VBS? Its a bit confusing i think and arent those pics of addons like BAS little birdies and INQ's A-10 biggrin_o.gif

Not Found

Check it here:

OFP2 Pictures

thanks

My guess still is that there will be Vietnam as well. Afterall there was the talk about three theatres (africa, central europe and south-east asia). I conclude that there will be 3 campaigns because of this, which are not neccessarily in the same time, but let's say a decade between each.

Well let's just wait and see...

I hope OFP2 will not become a "War on Terrorâ„¢" cash in. I was looking forward to a cold war era game. I will still get it, but I will prob wait until there is a cold war era mod for it before I purchase, or if some really fantastic advances in game play are made into the game.

I concur Blink. I feel an expansion into a European theater including other bloc countries would be the way to go. I am certain BIS has scrutinized the many great addons out there and will incorporate some of the features of them into the game, the addon makers have stuff that was perhaps beyond BIS's time frame or knowledge to incorporate into the game. I highly doubt they will use addons directly from the mods out there but stranger things have happened. They gave us the tools for a good reason, the tools were free and if they did reverse engineer some stuff no one would be compensated I'm sure. Read the disclaimer that comes with the tools. Keep in mind anything that is made with BIS's tools and released for free on the internet is open game and free to modify or change with no recourse.

I for one am glad that BIS has decided to move away from the Vietnam era (IF they have). Recently we've seen a glut of Vietnam based games (prey none could ever be as good as OFP, but thats not the point)

With the new capabilities in OFP2, imagine what we could have; FULLY functional IR pointers, 4th/5th generation NV Goggles and all the other bells and whistles that you get on modern troops. Helicopters with a full suite of visual aids and defensive aids.

*drools*

Bah, who needs technology like that. Just give me a rifle and and a bunch of mags, and I'm good to go! biggrin_o.gif

Veitnam based or not, as long as I can shoot and blow stuff up, I'm pretty happy. Hopefully CQB will be improved though.

Bah I have to agree with Deadmeat, pre era stuff has been done to death. OFP was and still is the best game due to its freedom and if OFP2 is set with a modern theme with enhanced graphics and just a few of the prior issues (clipping for 1) I personally think it'll rock instead of just being another Nam game.

who knows. maybe OFP2 is capable of modern things but official missions and campaign will be based on Vietnam-ear?

Very strange, im guessing those screens were just made has teasers and are being used just for advertising. We havent seen nothing cause at this point there isnt much to see problably.

I would guess if they have started working in the game they should have started with the game engine improvements, graphix, rendering, light and water, new features and implementing better phisics and stuff like that, improving A.I. blah blah... so i would guess models and units will only be seen in a later stage of development rock.gif

I dont think BIS would use user made units in a new product regardless of how good those may be it wouldnt be right but i guess that with so many great acomplishments made by the addon makers they will certainly use some ideas, what has been acomplished by the addon makers would inspire any developer i guess smile_o.gif .

Hopefully CQB will be improved though.

They already fixed that for Xbox! Check an interview. But for general improvements to make it more like Raven Shield, hell yes! smile_o.gif

You can't fight those brotherhood of NOD/Al qaedas with clipping, can you? Sorry for the whining. wink_o.gif

chill dude we are talking about BIS here..Besides they said in an interview that the campaign is fictional..

Plus how do you know that the campaign isn`t about the US that has gone mad for its thirst for world domination,Russia sais enough is enough and WW3 starts in a quest to stop the greedy americans domination...

You really can t be sure right now..I have my full faith in BIS,but it would be great if someone from the team like Maruk or Suma would clear things up for us as a Christmas present..

Something short like:You will play as bla bla bla..that would make my Christams