Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Flashpoint2.com updated?

Why is there a picture of Sgt. Sanderson from Black Hawk Down in it? That seems like a rather pointless thing to shove in.

Anyway, there is no denying that OFP2 will make most/all other war sims look terrible. I mean, even OFP's engine is incredibly good. People will say "It has so many limitations!" but you can do just about anything with the OFP engine. Drive a car 4 miles across an island, jump out, shoot a few people and steal their helicopter, fly that another 5 miles, blow up some tanks, land, steal a tank, start blowing up stuff... There isn't many games where you can do this. Most games will have levels, and OFP gives you an entire set of islands to play with.

Anyway, let me stop rambling. I think OFP2 may have two eras. 'nam (which I don't really enjoy the idea of) and modern day/near future. I was never a big fan of Vietnam based games, mainly due to the fact that jungle warfare can get a bit repetitive. Also, tanks and other vehicles are far less effective, so no tank wars.

What is that with so many games developers? Just focusing around World War 2 and Vietnam. I've not seen one game based on the events in World War 1 or Korea. (My grandfather was annoyed at this too... he fought in Korea, and that war has basically been forgotten.)

Anyway, trying to not stray off topic... I think it'd be great to see people like BAS or Earl & Suchey, assisting with OFP2. I know I'd buy it.

I'm just hoping it's not tooooo modern. I.E. I don't want some land warrior system with gadgets and doodads all over. Nor do I want to use some bulky ass OICW. Call me old fashioned, buy I was hoping to have older infantry based weapons. But from the looks of it, if it does go modern, I'm hoping for a fictional conflict either now, or a few years ago. Not in the near future where this fancy crap is going to be integrated.

I'm just hoping it's not tooooo modern.  I.E. I don't want some land warrior system with gadgets and doodads all over.  Nor do I want to use some bulky ass OICW.  Call me old fashioned, buy I was hoping to have older infantry based weapons.  But from the looks of it, if it does go modern, I'm hoping for a fictional conflict either now, or a few years ago.  Not in the near future where this fancy crap is going to be integrated.

I'd have to agree... The idea of the OICW just sucks IMHO...

A game based on the right here, right now (as in 2003/4) would be excellent, as you ave the mix of "high tech" with the SOPMOD program (things like IR pointers, lasers etc), yet still have the "older" sytems in common useage (like "plain jane" rifles with only iron sights etc).

Also, call me biased, but I think the current selection of real world equipment is at its best, with the whole range of different helicopters, tanks and wheeled vehicles being available to all sides, including vehicles with all the "bells and whistles" such as sat nav, radio comms etc... rather than all 3 services using the same truck, the same aircraft, the same cars etc. I like variation!!

hey Harnu. If it was set 30 yers ago in the 1970's. Rekon we could see the person in your Sig. Rick Harland of the USMC

rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Batdog

hey Harnu. If it was set 30 yers ago in the 1970's. Rekon we could see the person in your  Sig. Rick Harland of the USMC

rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

Batdog

He's my dad, so I think that would kick ass to see him in OFP2 tounge_o.gif

Here's close up shots of what interests me most.

image1.jpg

Now, have we seen this chopper anywhere in the VBS1 promos?

image2.jpg

There's obviously a littlebird there, but I don't recognise any of the buildings there at all. VBS1 or OFP2?

Here's close up shots of what interests me most.

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/ozanzac/image1.jpg

Now, have we seen this chopper anywhere in the VBS1 promos?

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/ozanzac/image2.jpg

There's obviously a littlebird there, but I don't recognise any of the buildings there at all. VBS1 or OFP2?

They might just as well be pictures of VBS1. The website says it will be based on VBS-tech. wink_o.gif

Besides, did'nt you read my previous post?

Great to see any news! Using wildlife is an excellent plan, and much suggested by the community. Even though we allready knew it, it's great to know they're listening. Also good news is that OFP2 will be based on VBS. That'll probably mean we'll see a more mature engine. Anything else is just speculation...

I doubt very much those screens are from OFP2.

I would not know, but I just have the feeling those are not OFP2 screens...almost like the feeling i had when this was Vietnam based.

They're just trying to mess up our minds and souls....

"Will there be OFP2? There will be?... What's that?.... You say it's not coming?...."

"There will be OFP2!"

"It's Vietnam"

"NO! NO, It can't be, it musn't be, I wan't modern warfare!"

"HAH! It is Vietnam! I told you so!"

"What's this? They've changed the website! It's a flatscreen TV, and it says it's modern day stuff!"

"YEHA! Animals! Now I can go hunting!"

"But they said it's gonna be the 70s!"

Let's just wait for the game to finish or we'll end up in the headlines: "OFP gaming community locked away in mental institutions all over the world"

And I'm tired.

Not Found

The requested URL /mainpage.html was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.23 Server at www.flashpoint2.com Port 80

thats all i get when i movie the top knob to the second notch :/ can somone save those screens and up them somwhere?

Check it here:

OFP2 Pictures

those look more like an art pics but not in-game screenies....

All of this is pretty wild,not knowing what the hell is going on.But i Guess it makes it more interesting,Only time will tell i guess.oh and About that littleBird,If you have seen TOWs littlebird you would think it was the same.But its not.

Lol, maybey they are gonna take all the MOD's addons and pack em all up.

"Here is OFP2 folks! Enjoy!"

Well, most of eastern Europe is still recovering from the adverse effects of the iron curtain!

Changing channel on the new TV is a shitload easier, but I liked the old TV's novelty tuning. wink_o.gif

Call me stupid, but if its Europe and Asia they cant really do Iraq, can they?

My theory is its a Modern Day Cold War Crisis scenario, where for some reason (oil, coup?) the Russians start attacking Europe and Asia

International! Woo! If the Brits arent in it ill burn things! If the Brits arent in it and the French are ill get the gun!

Sorry but ur stupid (u asked for it), Iraq is in mid asia (middle east as it is also called) tounge_o.gif its not in africa if u were thinking it...

No, but most ppl regard middle east as being its own "continent"

Or at least, we do in Newcastle rock.gif

I think u guys complain too much. If you want a Africa campaign then do it yourself. That is the true beauty of OFP and OFP 2 and why I love playing it so much. Being able to create my own missions and play with missions and addons that the community created is far more fun than any of the other games I play. Its the reason everyone here is still playing it.

When i saw this new TV it already smelled fishy, after turning it on and seeing the screens i just had one though if they totally changed the idea behind ofp 2 and we now get a desert campaign where we play the us in a modern desert war then im pretty sure i wont buy it  rock.gif

I loved the cold war setting but now another US campaign and then some setting that smells like iraq... nothing for me

Isn't this a somewhat ridiculous and short sighted statement from someone belonging to one of the premier mod teams in the OFP community?

It would be pedantic not to buy the new game, reason enough exists for people with your talent to buy it, simply to get their hands on the new engine, graphics and other capabilities. You of all people should be fully aware of what you should be able to do with the new game. You have the talent to turn it into whatever you want. Don't discount that fact in the name of some ridiculuos political aspersions.

If thats the case than 2005 is too early, a 2006 release would be in order.

I agree that the mod community will pick up into areas that BIS will ignore but at the same time not many people will do cold war scenerios and groups that do will be under staffed. I will probebly get it thats not the issue, but I'm not sure if I will ever play the campaign if it consists of a War on Terrorâ„¢ scenerio.

â„¢ 2001-2003 Bush Administration

Blink Dog, casting all political beliefs aside, can you name for me a military situation anywhere in the world today that is nearly 1/10 as exciting and chock full of scenario possibilities as the current war on terror?

Whether you like it or not, the U.S. has embarked on a military adventure involving the most cutting edge of equipment and tactics, against a seasoned and determined enemy and in all possible theatres of operation, with a whole host of international actors wrapped up in both sides. What could be more exciting than that? What too, could be more intriguing from a mass marketing standpoint?

BIS is out to sell games, period. They are going to go where the market wants them to go. That means offering an exciting and unparalleled product that appeals to modern game buyers sensibilities. We have a ton of unrealistic and crappy 'Nam and World War II games flooding the market. What we do not have is an ultra-realistic, modern-day combat simulation. At least not yet.

My own two cents:

I think it will be three threatres and three eras. Vietnam and Southeast Asia. Europe in a fictional Cold War 80's setting, and Africa and the Middle East in a modern day war on terror setting.

Don't forget that BIS has expanded from the team that put out OFP1. More employees means faster and more versatile work, especially considering they have a pretty good blueprint to start working from. OFP1 layed the groundwork, OFP2 is simply a lot of well needed and long desired polish.

Quote[/b] ]...and we now get a desert campaign where we play the us in a modern desert war then im pretty sure i wont buy it

I'll buy two copies biggrin_o.gif .

I think u guys complain too much. If you want a Africa campaign then do it yourself.

And that is why you are a meathead biggrin_o.gif