Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

@fubar

have you even read my posts? Suchey isen't working on the sniper anymore and he doens't have the skills to make weapons (those are his words). So you won't be seeing a sniper or sniperrifle as part of this pack or by the creators of this pack. Perhaps if OFP2 comes out, suchey will get back to OFP addon making...

and I think marines use the M40A3, btw

Yes, I did read your posts...someone posted a pic of a mighty nice looking M40 a page or two back...the question was more aimed at them than at Earl & Suchey, or at anyone else who might be working on one...

P.S> Yes, I've seen that one before, it's a reskin of BIS hunting rifle...

@fubar

have you even read my posts? Suchey isen't working on the sniper anymore and he doens't have the skills to make weapons (those are his words). So you won't be seeing a sniper or sniperrifle as part of this pack or by the creators of this pack. Perhaps if OFP2 comes out, suchey will get back to OFP addon making...

and I think marines use the M40A3, btw

Yes, I did read your posts...someone posted a pic of a mighty nice looking M40 a page or two back...the question was more aimed at them than at Earl & Suchey, or at anyone else who might be working on one...

P.S> Yes, I've seen that one before, it's a reskin of BIS hunting rifle...

*Ahum* that was earl..

There must be an error by the "editor name" of the JAM M16 M203 [(C8XJAMM16M203) I get it from the quick reference on your hp] but the editor dont accept this one can somebody give me the right one please ?

thx

I made a M40 USMC rifle compiled from the addon above but fixed up with the bolt on the proper side.  I also made it where it used one of Suchey's Marine models from the pack as a sniper and it shows up in the map editor under the US Marines as a sniper so it appears as an addition to the Marine Assault pack.

I'll see if I can find it, and then I'll have OFP central host it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

There must be an error by the "editor name" of the JAM M16 M203 [(C8XJAMM16M203) I get it from the quick reference on your hp] but the editor dont accept this one can somebody give me the right one please ?

thx

There was a spelling mistake in the c8xjamusmc file...I think its actually "C8XmJAM16m203" smile_o.gif

Hey Captain!

I found this over at Digital Grenade:

Quote[/b] ]One note - the web reference is off on one weapon - the M16/M203 iron sights weapon is listed as  

C8XJAMM16M203, but is really  

c8xmjam16m203  in the config.  

This should get you rockin' again!

Wadmann

Edit: Did not refresh to see the above response. Sorry for the late (duplicate) reply!

Ok.  I got the USMC M40 up.  It can be found on the front page of ofpcentral.com at:

http://www.ofpcentral.com/news.php

Make sure to read the readme.  

smile_o.gif

It requires Marine Assault pack to work and is currently only in desert cammo.  

USMCM40_1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Since the thread for this great addon is alive again I have a question regarding TACTEvents with other units in MP...

According to the doc they recommend initalising it and adding the eventHandlers in the init field for each playable soldier in the editor but when doing that the nice hit & bleeding effects doesn't work for clients in MP? Other FX effects do work and the hit & bleeding works for host...

Any ideas?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Just wondering did anyone say there is gonna be an update i mean no one has really heard from suchey in how long so really whos to know if there is gonna be an update or not

There will be no update. The Marine Assault Pack is Final. Digital Grenade has already stated this.

Cap.

Will they allow others to update the Marine Assault Pack???

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Again it requires the authors permission.

Go to digital grenade forums and ask which part you would like to modify

Well I was thinking just like an update on the some of their weapons (increasing accuracy and power of SMAW is a critical update needed as the SMAW in the pack is extremely underpowered)....then of coarse adding M40 and M82A1 equipped snipers. But yeah I'll just have to email Earl and Suchey about that. They're both very nice guys and I would of coarse never release any updates without their permission and only after having them review the update and have the Digital Grenade beta testing team have a crack at it. B really the SMAW is the only thing I had a major problem with. The sniper rifles can be added from other weapon packs by the mission maker or addon makers can do like what I did... making weapons addons made specifically for the Marine Assault pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'd also like to see the problem with the AI using the Javelin fixed. The CBT Dragon fired by AI get's the job done. Modify the config a little, and the problem will be solved. Maybe what's needed is two different Javelin's. One realistically usable weapon for human players, and one for that's simplified for AI use.

And I'd like to see some USMC SOCOM Det 1 operators made from the Recon pack, with some new weapons like the Kimber SOCOM ICQB .45 pistol, Barrett M468, SR 47 SPR, M14 varients, Scout/EBR/DMR/SOCOM, and SMAW-D w/Thermobaric warheads.

I you get permission to upgrade it, fix the bloody desert medic! tounge_o.gif

Just an FYI for those that don't frequent the Digital Grenade boards-

http://www.mtco.com/games/downloads/usmc/jam/

Updated C8X JAM .pbo's have been posted by Suchey at the above address. They fix the various errors of the originals, and add JAM HD support to both East and West. With the new C8X JAM files, the weapons can load both original C8X magazines, JAM mags, and JAM HD mags.

There are also 2 swap-out scripts which will replace Marine Assault Pack default weapons with the JAM compatible weapons, optional param will load JAM HD magazines. See the readme or this post for more information:

http://www.digitalgrenade.com/cgi-bin....9078411

Oh, and the boonie hat on the grenadier should be changed to the standard helmet. Boonies are common to primarily recon units, and Scout/Snipers usually. The grenadier is a frontline unit, and needs the PASGT helmet. Standard units should include an engineer, and a marksman.

Recon needs a corpsman, and a marksman as well.

Ok again just go to the digital grenade forums and ask suchey or any other of the team and get permission.

I am sure they will let you guys.

If you are going to upgrade and fix bugs, please remember to fix the RPG-16d. The AI can't hit anything with it.

I you get permission to upgrade it, fix the bloody desert medic! tounge_o.gif

It has been fixed..It's not a pack update but a single "fixed medic" PBO file.

fixedmedic.jpg

ps.does anybody know what happened to C4P741N's snow version of these marines.i have the first version but i thought he was working on an update...

Its a shame Suchey quited, even without Earl and his weapons i would have liked to see marine pilots and armor crew and ofcourse for the russian naval infantry too, people always forget east and then things go unbalanced or one sided sad_o.gif .