Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

Why not make a choosable AI MSAW/Javelin soldiers for MP/SP? Lets say they would fire MSAW/Javelin just normal in SP missions?

From your posts one would assume you havent tried the javelin yet rock.gif . Or havent noticed that it operates completely diferent from all other aim&shoot rocket launchers used in OPF and also made by several mod teams?

I only see two options here:

1)- Bis releases a patch that enables a.i. to fire indirect rocket launcher such has this (not likely crazy_o.gif ).

2)- They make a Javelin that operates much like the AT4 or the stinger, but it would be very unrealistic no?

Either way this thingy must cost a fortune and is a great pleasure to fire, i prefer to fire it myself just to be sure tax payers money is properly spent biggrin_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] It's more likely they scared the crew to death with all those missiles flying around, than that they really posed a threath

Aye, a senior tanker around 40-60 might actually have a 'eart attack and die out in the tank.

And the Javelin is considerably differnt from all other AT weapons - the bloody thing can attack targets in two modes, top-down and straight-on. Quite simple to use. For those of you complaining that YOU can't use it - I recommend you get at the documentation that comes with the addon, it tends to be there for a reason.

If the AI can't use the bloody Jav, its not really a concern of mine - the AI are horribly effective with their small arms and I don't trust them to take on tanks on their own, even with AT weapons they'll fire properly. The SMAW works well, as to buddy who says the AI couldn't hit a T-72 at around 300 meter - I think that just may be outside the SMAW's effective accurate range, its like the NATO answer to the RPG... Of course I don't know, I've never checked the numbers. I could be wrong.

Quote[/b] ]Fact is if you aren't playing MP you aren't really doing anything besides playing with yourself, and that'll make you go blind  

No, you won't go Blind, but God WILL kill a Kitten for it. Supposedly.

AK

Quote[/b] ]Fact is if you aren't playing MP you aren't really doing anything besides playing with yourself, and that'll make you go blind  

No, you won't go Blind, but God WILL kill a Kitten for it. Supposedly.

AK

Wich will only benefact us in the end, kill a kitten... Please your err.. Mitten?

But I agree fully with AKM, why have an AI-compatible Javelin? I tend to not use my AI-AT gunners anyhow, I just tell them to drop their AT weapons and let me handle it. The way it's supposed to be. OFP-grunts weren't trained well in the use of anti-tank weapons wink_o.gif

I find they even have difficulty in handling their small arms sometimes - must be conscripts. wink_o.gif

AK

... and i got shot the other day and left a blood trail from where i was hit to a medbox 300m away and the blood stains stayed there, they didnt vanish crazy_o.gif , left me wondering if this works well in MP we can track and hunt wounded tangos, until they bleed to death that is tounge_o.gif .

Now that would be interesting smile_o.gif .

I don't think the bleeding is operative for the AI - however, other human players get to die slowly like that - so the hunting thing works. Just gotta hit them in a spot that'll either kill 'em or MAKE 'em bleed. Some grazing wounds don't bleed I find.

AK

I don't think the bleeding is operative for the AI - however, other human players get to die slowly like that - so the hunting thing works. Just gotta hit them in a spot that'll either kill 'em or MAKE 'em bleed. Some grazing wounds don't bleed I find.

AK

The issue is we die too fast from blood loss, we should have more time to wonder around before dying, that way the oportunity for other players to find the blood tracks and follow them would increase, also the blackout efect is very impressive and makes it more realistic.

Definetly a great achievement, this sistem should be posted in OPF2 sugestions for the extra realism BIS is promising, it really fits well with the game wink_o.gif .

Look, as was previously discussed:

A military-spec 5.56x45mm NATO round will put you on your ass. If it doesn't kill you, and hits a vein or something, you are screwed - 'cause it does some serious damage... If we get hit with a 5.45x39mm cartridge, mil-spec again, it'll kill you outright, if not, you'll bleed out at just the same rate. So really its a loose-loose situation, we bleed out just fine really. Depends on where's he's hit mostly. I initiated this for a pilot, shot down the 'bird, he punched out, and I tracked him down just fine. (It was a human player.)

AK

wowzers, a dude at the J-Ops forums sent me a link to this mod. I`d try it, but my Gold version won`t install properly anymore. This mod looks hot tho. Game on you lucky lucky bastages.

Quote[/b] ]but my Gold version won`t install properly anymore.

Gold Version rock.gif ? The pack requires Resistance smile_o.gif .

wowzers, a dude at the J-Ops forums sent me a link to this mod.  I`d try it, but my Gold version won`t install properly anymore.  This mod looks hot tho.  Game on you lucky lucky bastages.

Oh he sure did and it sure is hot, you just go out and buy goty so you can see for yourself (S) tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]you just go out and buy goty so you can see for yourself (S)

S? What kind of currency is that tounge_o.gif ?

I've been meaning to ask, the Woodland MARPAT soldiers dont seem to have MARPAT helmet covers. It matches their packs, but as far as I can tell the USMC does have MARPAT helmet covers.

I've been meaning to ask, the Woodland MARPAT soldiers dont seem to have MARPAT helmet covers. It matches their packs, but as far as I can tell the USMC does have MARPAT helmet covers.

Maybe when they started working on the addon (1 year ago?) the marines didnt have it already rock.gif .

Quote[/b] ]S? What kind of currency is that ?

Oh, dont worry he knows, now start doing some more missions will you? tounge_o.gif .

Most USMC units still don't have their MARPAT covers, as far as I know - I could be wrong on that though. When it was started, very little of their issue kit was in MARPAT. Just the BDU's really.

AK

What i wish was in the pack is the Marpat rucksack covers they are basically a elastic cover that is marpat that goes over your backpack to conceal the older camo and also get rid of the sharper lines to be less visible. Most Marines have these and you will see pics of them from Iraq, they are also real cheap to make so you will see alot of Marines using them. Also, most Marines do have there helmet covers too.

Once again:

This began its production run about 5-6 months ago -

In a "Booster Pack" as was hinted at: There may be improvements - namely snipers and other miscellaneous things.

AK

I really really hope there is a Force Recon and Spetz nats Booster pack to add them in differnt Camo's (Desert and Woodland) And a Grenadier / Officer with Helmet.

Where can I download the JAM version? The link at digitalgrenades does not work.

I noticed one peculiarity in the unit grouping with this kick @$$ pack. When you put a Fire Team Alpha on the map in the editor there is only 4 figures showing on the map, but the 5th one, the fire team leader, still shows up ingame when you hit preview.

I noticed one peculiarity in the unit grouping with this kick @$$ pack. When you put a Fire Team Alpha on the map in the editor there is only 4 figures showing on the map, but the 5th one, the fire team leader,

He is there, just occupying the same spot as the squad leader.

"Gold Version ? The pack requires Resistance . "

Yeah, I meant my GoTY edition. Sorry. Anyways, I am not gonna rebuy it again. I`ll wait for FP 2.

You just need to patch up to 1.94. In which case that is the newest patch for resistance. And resistance is included in OFP:GOTY?

yes, it is included.

Is a compilation of the 3 discs released.

You should be able to play with all this addons if you just download the patches.

@CERO.