Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

P.S. I'm a little disturbed by the fact that you are using my face as your avatar pic crazy_o.gif

Guest Hitman[SWAF]
#1.  Snipers.  If somebody were to pick up where Suchey left off on the USMC sniper, then I'd also consider sending this model to somebody with some experience with texturing.  As someone mentioned, the model is easy enough, the textures are more difficult since there are no great M40A3 pics out there.  This is a bit low poly, it was one of the first models I made for the pack, but it matches the M16 in detail level.  Scope could be rebuilt with more sides.

True, its quite hard to find a decent picture of a A3, A1's and A4's are easy thought.

I did manage to find atleast some worthawhile pics, here's one.

M40A3

Hope it helps, really looking forward for the rifle.  smile_o.gif

*Edit* some more here

Still miss a decent spotter binos.. I know it cant be done by modifying the default binos but maybe it could be done by scripting a sidearm? As the camera addon?

*/edit*

I saw this pic over at Cz and was told that this was Earl's M60 site.. but I have been unable to locate the gun.. can anyone help me out ?

usmc_HH60_4s.jpg

Thanks,

Capt Moore

it's Inquisitors (INQ) M60 in the High-Res weapons pack.

But I don't recommend to use it since it uses very high res jpeg textures that are lagging in OFP unless you've got a graphics card with enough memory.

Someone did post a picture of a USMC M24 and a USMC M4 not long ago. I can't remember where though.. But they looked sharp!

Do you mean these? rock.gif

USMC M4a1

http://www.concept404.com/images/02_USMCM4A1.jpg

USMC M40a1

http://www.concept404.com/images/02_USMCM40A1.jpg

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=300

These were by 1st.Sig

Hope it helps.

Not sure if anyone reported this, I did a seaach.

Found this bug with the Russian JAM weapons PBO

The last 2 weapon classes in the cpp file are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class C8XRPK74M: C8XJAMAK74MBase

class C8XRPK74M1p29: C8XJAMAK74MBase

and should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class C8XJAMRPK74M: C8XJAMAK74MBase

class C8XJAMRPK74M1p29: C8XJAMAK74MBase

wat eva happened to the force recon woodland marpats in the early stages?

is there any chance of it getting released?

its exactly like the force recon urban guys with the woodland marpat camo

Thank guys for the help on finding that optics for the M60.

I'm collecting optices that match the default OFP weapons..

I changed the color of the M60 optics texture to match the external default (more green) of the default M60.. and imported it into OFp... it works great and looks very good too.

Capt Moore

oh my god i love this addon so much... i just cant believe you guys are giving up.. though i understand addon making can be stressful. Thanx for giving the op for someone else to finish it...

I dont' think they are giving up,although the result is the same sad_o.gif :

Earl is now working on OFP2 (AFAIK), so the team is now cut in half. Earl played a major role in the marine pack; he made all the weapons. Suchey dd the soldiers, but he has not the skills to create the weapons as good as earl could (those are suchey's words).

or as said on his site:

Quote[/b] ]Ive had quite a few folks ask me about the USMC MARPAT sniper unit that I had mentioned some time ago. Well, the plain truth is that hes damn near ready to go, but doesnt have a weapon. So...Im considering releasing the source files of what I have done thus far and to a 3rd party addon maker to complete as they see fit. (I certainly dont have the skill in weapons creation that Earl has so I wont be trying my hand at making one).
Quote[/b] ]Well, well, well...the cat is finally out of the bag so I assume its OK to talk about it now. Some folks may have wondered why the Marine project was slimmed down prior to release, or why there have not been any updates since then. The answer can be found HERE. Congratulations Earl! Your position is well deserved. Good luck and keep in mind that we are holding you personally responsible for EVERYTHING in relation to OFP2 now ...hehehehehe.
(the "HERE" being a link to a forum in which Earl somewhat said he's now working on OFP2)

So no matter how much work has gone in this pack and how beautifull it has become, it will never be updated and forget about the "booster packs" that suchey spoke of after the initial release. The Marine Assault Pack in it's current state is far from finished and a lot more was planned, but it will never be finished I'm afraid. It's a shame that such a great pack and concept had to die so early. I'm happy for earl that he has found such a great job and it's indeed well deserved.

At least now we know that OFP2 will have great weapons.

Hey, who knows; perhaps they need marines for OFP2 and suddenly we hear nothing of suchey anymore..... that would be something  smile_o.gif

@ Mar. 08 2004,00:36)]
Someone made a good USMC Ghillie sniper unit pre-resistance, unfortuantely no-one has updated it so it can use pistols properly.

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=89

Is that the same as this? http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5454

The one that Fubar displayed had a M40A1, this one has a M40A3. Maybe an updated version?

A slightly different model (newer) by the same guys, I think...

If I have to pick a guy to make a M40A for suchey's sniper, I would ask for Jackel326. He has made some realy nice weapons and he's still getting better and better. Perhaps Suchey can contact him.

I worked on a gun sight of my own.

Took my AR-15 and digital camera.. and did some work.

had a little help on formatting though.

site3.jpg

This is a sight from an actual AR-15  no graphics enhancements.

It is also about the right size because when I look down the site there is tons of room to see around the site and not be blinded by it.

Capt Moore

looks good wow_o.gif

It's the real thing allright. Most of the time those things look like hell, but yours worked out really well!

Here is another sight that I worked on..

It is a picture of a REAL LAW sight..

Original Raw picture of sight was provided by Uziyahu

law.jpg

Now my stock guys all use this.. much better smile_o.gif

Capt Moore

Here is another sight that I worked on..

It is a picture of a REAL LAW sight..

Original Raw picture of sight was provided by Uziyahu

http://www.101st.org/drop/law.jpg

Now my stock guys all use this.. much better smile_o.gif

Capt Moore

Ahhh very nice, it's be good to replace existing LAW optics within BIS and other third party addons with this sight, as this one is spot on. Is the ranging accurate on it?

Very nice indeed.

This one is not ranged properly...

I worked on ranging another version .. it shows more of the LAW and makes the sight smaller.. but no "hand" holding it.. looks kinda funny and doesnt match the way the RPG is done.

Also i tried to get the scales to match properly.. I got it close but the arch of the actual scope and the game engine I think are off a little which makes the scales inaccurate anyway.

I seemed to like this version here.. since it looks funny not seeing a hand of the other.. and also even though this scale is off.. it can be used to sight the 2nd shot at a far range.. because a scale is there..

Capt Moore

Sweet sights! Will you be redoing more of these and releasing them?

As far as the Marine sniper, I'd definitely try Jackal, though he's working on a big SEAL pack at the moment.

Suchey handed the sniper model to some addon team. Perhaps we'll something of it in the future. As for suchey; he's having a break for the moment which may result in a permanent break with OFP addon making sad_o.gif

@fubar

have you even read my posts? Suchey isen't working on the sniper anymore and he doens't have the skills to make weapons (those are his words). So you won't be seeing a sniper or sniperrifle as part of this pack or by the creators of this pack. Perhaps if OFP2 comes out, suchey will get back to OFP addon making...

and I think marines use the M40A3, btw