Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

2nd Amendment at work. The evil spider had to be dealt with.

biggrin_o.gif

Goddamn lucky bastards! You guys have looooots of snow! I looooove snow smile_o.gif Very beautiful and sooo much fun!

It makes me happy! tounge_o.gif

Nothing beats running through snow smile_o.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh i wanne live somewhere in the north when it's winter!!!!

And south during summertime tounge_o.gif

Playing around with an early birthday present I got last night(Microsoft Digital Image Suite 10)

Original:

Charleston_Lake4.jpg

Artsy Edit: (background blurred and put through watercolor filter, edges of the dragonfly softened)

CharlestonLake44Artsy.jpg

Images taken by Mr. Avon, using a Nikon Coolpix 3500. Minor +/- adjustments made to brightness. Pictures reduced to 25% of original size and 90% JPEG quality (80% for the panoramic pic).

Shachoret Canyon, Arava, north of Eilat, Israel

The trees shown in these pictures are acacias.

eilat01.jpg

eilat02.jpg

eilat03.jpg

eilat04.jpg

In this pan image, facing east, you can see the Arava valley in the distance, to the right. The Arava, also known as the Jordan Rift valley, extends from the southern tip of the Dead Sea to the Gulf of Eilat/Aqaba. It's formed by what is known as the Syrian African Rift, a fault line in the earth's crust, responsible for many minor and major historic earthquakes. The mountains in the distance are today's Jordan, the biblical mountains of Moab.

eilat05.jpg

Amram's Pillars, Arava, north of Eilat, Israel

eilat06.jpg

Netafim spring and riverbed, Arava, northwest of Eilat, Israel

eilat07.jpg

Desert caper bush

eilat08.jpg

eilat09.jpg

eilat10.jpg

The Alpacca Ranch, Mitzpeh Ramon, Israel

eilat11.jpg

It's a good thing they didn't spit on me! mad_o.gif They did spit on our oldest son, however. He spat back. tounge_o.gif

Great avon, I think you just spawned another "animal term x vs. animal term y" argument, this time it's llama vs alpaca.

Great avon, I think you just spawned another "animal term x vs. animal term y" argument, this time it's llama vs alpaca.

Llamas and Alpacas are not the same. There are obvious differences in the neck and fur.

Hmmm........... I actually had a moment to listen to our guide. biggrin_o.gif

Great pictures Avon! I especially liked the fourth from top in your first post! Exciting to see so many colours of soil at the same place!

Hmmm......... It renews my interest to go to Israel and see for myself - Jerusalem and other places!

Great pictures Avon! I especially liked the fourth from top in your first post! Exciting to see so many colours of soil at the same place!

Yes, the colors are astounding. These pics don't do them justice.

There's an area in the Negev, known as the "Small Crater" (it's not an impact crater), where many of the colored sands, that fill souvenir sand bottles here, come from.

it's -6°C outside, will post the result tomorrow biggrin_o.gif

btw, nice pics Denoir and iNeo

Do you have any high res versions of the moon denoir?

It's a camera, not a telescope  wink_o.gif

The pictures are 100% scale, just cropped. That's as big as it gets.

To give you an idea of the size, this is a full-rez crop of regular 35mm wide angle (i.e no zoom):

m5.jpg

And this is with full tele (420mm / 12x):

m1.jpg

Great pics everyone smile_o.gif

We should all post a "what you see outside your door on Christmas day" type pic smile_o.gif

-9 here this morning and no snow, it's insane crazy_o.gifmad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I all ready now what gonna be outside my front door step on Xmas. Tree's. Lots of trees. Becuase I live in a forest with crappy 28.8 internet speed.

anyway. Whille u all enjoy ur snow think of me. Sitting on the beach eating BBQ while enjoying the hot weather getting a tan and trying to pick up girls. smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

at the moment. its 10 minutes into the moring and it 13oC and I'm hot since my comp has been running all day and the windows are closed and my doors shut.

Great pics everyone smile_o.gif

We should all post a "what you see outside your door on Christmas day" type pic smile_o.gif

-9 here this morning and no snow, it's insane crazy_o.gifmad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

right, ill do that, but not untill somewhere between 10th - 16th january.

first becouse i´ll be gone for the christmas, and second becouse im changing internet company.

so, ill be of from tonight untill somewher around the dates i wrote earlier this post ;)

(i will however take a pic from where i´ll be on christmas day and post it here when im back)

Just taken some pic sin the nice warm weather I'm having.

watertank.jpg

*Water tank out front lawn*

Kookie.jpg

*Kookaburra singing in the tree out the front lawn*

GumTree.jpg

*A gum tree. Also out on the front lawn.*

XmasTree.jpg

*Christmas tree. Inside house facing front lawn*

Skyline south of Front lawn. Over 100 Kb

Here are some of the few pictures that turned out OK of the Notre Dame basilica in Montreal, even though I took over 100mb worth of pictures (the lighting inside was not too friendly to my camera, I might post some more later if I ever manage to edit them into something decent)

NotreDame3.jpg

NotreDame1.jpg

NotreDame2.jpg

This guy had a bird on both his head AND his hand. Two birds on one guy. Outside.

whoa.

birdman.gif

tounge_o.gif