Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Driving around Camp Pendleton yesterday, I saw a lovely T55 parked on the side of the road which I had previously not seen. It was quite lovely. I never realized how small the T55 was until I got to stand right next to it!

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/photos/pendleton/HPIM3078.JPG

Pic is really big because I'm too lazy to resize it.

This guy had a bird on both his head AND his hand. Two birds on one guy. Outside.

whoa.

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/birdman.gif

Whad'ya take that pic with?

An Etch-A-Sketch? crazy_o.gif

How did you know? wow_o.gifxmas_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifrock.gifcrazy_o.gifunclesam.gifblues.gifghostface.gif

I had another picture to post here but I can't seem to find it now. When I get back from Camp Pendleton today (again), I'll post some more stuff.

Having a hard time keeping my new camera still:

SVleden.JPG

CP.JPG

The second one, is a streetlight... Might the "colour-tubes"-effect have something to do with the focus point being a lightsource and the ISO I took the photo with? Or is it my shakey hands causing aforementioned effect?

Recently I re-viewed old (first) pictures of my Ixus V2 due to christmas preparations (to build an album for the grandparents). Here's one I took in late 2002 during a short bicycle tour in our Hinterland.

Baum_im_Gegenlicht.jpg

Looks nice when printed as 9x13 photo. Perhaps I'll try a bigger printed variant (original dimensions 1600x1200, so it should still look good on 10x15)...

edit: reduced picture size

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/GoOB/X-mas/CP.JPG

The second one, is a streetlight... Might the "colour-tubes"-effect have something to do with the focus point being a lightsource and the ISO I took the photo with? Or is it my shakey hands causing aforementioned effect?

Long exposure time and shaky hand makes that effect. The smaller ISO-setting the longer exposure time you need to get a properly exposed photo.

it is also depending on the depth of focus, not only iso and exposure time.

i hope i can u/l some pics of our christmas tree and some snows landscapes tomorrow smile_o.gif

There are three relevant parameters for a camera:

1. Shutter speed. i.e how long the shutter remains open, taking in light.

2. Aperture, (indicated by the F-stops). It controls how much light is let into the camera. It also affects the depth of field.

3. Sensitivity/ ISO. Regulates how much the signal is amplified. Higher ISO = more amplification and more noise.

The reason for what you see in your picture is that your hand is not steady enough for long exposures. While the shutter is open the camera must be absolutely steady.

One solution is to get a tripod. The other is to increase the shutter speed. To get an acceptable exposure, you can increase the aperture if possible or/and increase the ISO (at the expense of image quality).

Here's my "what I see outside my door on Christmas day" pics, sadly no snow sad_o.gif

christmasview_01.jpg

christmasview_03.jpg

christmasview_02.jpg

Not bad SKULLS_Viper! Here however we have snow, so we don't need IR filters to make the trees white  wink_o.gif

c1.jpg

What I see outside my door on Christmas day (actually these were taken in the late afternoon of the 25th). They were taken nearly in complete darkness with long exposure and a wide aperture at my parents' house in Västerĺs, where I spent the Christmas:

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

What I see outside my door on Christmas day (actually these were taken in the late afternoon of the 25th). They were taken nearly in complete darkness with long exposure and a wide aperture at my parents' house in Västerĺs, where I spent the Christmas:

Nice colors and fuzz.

How cold is it around there right now?

Not colder than a few 1-3 degrees below freezing.

Part of a late Christmas present for my stepdad:

158 kb

(He's just coming back today from taking care of a family emergency in Cuba). This is going on the outside of a wooden photo album in the form of a treasure chest.

This was my little birthday/christmas present for myself, quite guilt free since it was absolutely free and with a free year of airtime, and all that was required of me was to dump an amazingly bad cell company for a potentially better one.

The new and the old:

oldphonenewphone.jpg

This was my little birthday/christmas present for myself, quite guilt free since it was absolutely free and with a free year of airtime, and all that was required of me was to dump an amazingly bad cell company for a potentially better one.

The new and the old:

http://academic.algonquincollege.com/student....one.jpg

ROFLMAO! you took picture of OFP box... biggrin_o.gif

I also have Samsung cellhpone....same OS..... tounge_o.gif

http://academic.algonquincollege.com/student....ect.jpg

Tov, who is that wierd looking guy on bottom left wearing red and shite shirt? tounge_o.gif

ROFLMAO! you took picture of OFP box... biggrin_o.gif

Nope, found a suitable pic on google image search, resized it to 128x128, uploaded it to my webspace, and pointed the phone's browser in it's direction. Clicked save, and voila! new wallpaper without the $1.50 charge smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]I also have Samsung cellhpone....same OS..... tounge_o.gif

Nope, you guys in the U.S. actually have better firmware for these phones. In the States, this exact same model phone has a movie mode for it's camera, and a couple more utilities. I've already found a few ways to "hack" this phone a bit, but I doubt it's possible to flash the firmware on it. Dammit mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Tov, who is that wierd looking guy on bottom left wearing red and shite shirt? tounge_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Hrrh, took some photos today in Stockholm:

Citytrafic.JPG

Green-for-go.JPG

Highrise.JPG

Morning-suburb.JPG

Wall.JPG

Going back to town for more tomorrow, if the sun decides to show. It's amazing how addicted you can become, even if the results aren't what you want.

Oh, and a very nice collage Tovarish! Lovely gift, to be sure! smile_o.gif