Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Zombie addon!!

Ok then thanks.

Suggestion:

Could you make a low polly zombie? so we could have thousands of them on the map with out CPU being eating alive.

These are cool smile_o.gif

Just need a new walk (limp) for some of them and SoundFX of moaning and groaning when ya get close.. Twilight Zone stuff

Got the moaning...

Can't do the limp though lol!!! Been trying to learn OFPAnim though; just not had any luck with it.

AND LOOK:

WHO'S THIS? ..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/drtongue.jpg

Even closer...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/drtongue2.jpg

Dr. Tongue's face has been added to my zombie addon. My colleague isn't too healthy looking... lol

EDIT: You should see it close up - I tell you, this texture ROCKS! The zombie blinks, and you can see through his chin and everything. Christ, I may be 31, but us old pros are good for something, lol smile_o.gif

BTW: Sorry D. Murphy but I can't do a low poly version; I am using the standard BIS models (and some of their textures). I wouldn't know where to begin in o2. However, if anyone can help out...

Need new walk anims ?

Or is there anyone who is working on something like this ?

If you need i could make some.

Hi there, thank you for your offer of help: new walk anims would be much appreciated!!!.

Is there any chance of having the classic zombie - head down looking towards the ground, with arms outstretched?

The following picture (especially the two characters on the left.) should give you an idea of what I'm after:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/zombieswalk.jpg

Also, a "bite" animation where the zombie goes for the neck of the victim would be excellent!

PS: Murphy, check out www.rayza.net for pics of the Dawn remake (WARNING: ADULT CONTENT). Those scene shots really helped me set up the "dead city" for my forthcoming zombie mission (dunno when I'll have it finished. I plan on spending December drinking. Please don't ask lol)

Regards,

Scott

Hmmm i just look at all the pics on that link u gave me tracy and i think it be a could idea if we could get some one to make a samll city island? with small ally ways and narrow streets. You know what i mean, a city with not much room to move around. Unlike most OFP citys or towns where its all spread out and stuff.

Yeah, certainly a cramped city would be nice.

AND...

The streets in OFP are too clean!! Spotless. Not a hint of rubbish.

I would love the following addons (a hint to all you OFP modders out there):

a) Rubbish bins

b) Walk/ Don't walk signs

c) TRAFFIC LIGHTS!!!!

d) Newspaper stands & Discarded newspapers

e) Car wrecks with bonnet in the air

f) Traffic cones (I'm sure they exist in OFP:R. They do, don't they???) - EDIT: They do, at http://www.ofpnews.info/ofp/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=487

House wise:

Cinemas (the Edison from Day of the dead would be excellent.)

WHOA!!! HUNT, THAT IS LOOKING GOOD!

Excellent!

Scott

Wow those are very Resident Evillish , shit it would get a bit scary in OFP now ghostface.gif

Holy SHIT! im getting scared just looking at them. Very good work HUNT!

Maybe you guys could start a mod?

With Bub and Dr. Tongue's face and those animations, plus the sound FX I've got, I think we'll have some really cool zombies real soon.

Hopefully the community will take the zombies to heart and we'll start seeing some really cool missions! lol

Lol yes im sure most of the community will take this addon to heart but you will allways get ones against it.

The ones who say that OFP is a military game and should stay a military game!

but we dont have to listen to them, i love the ofp engine and what can be done with it. the varietey of this game is what keeps it alive. now resisdent evil lovers will have somthing to get out of this game smile_o.gif

Sweet jesus guys! crazy_o.gif That looks great! biggrin_o.gif This is just what I've been waiting for.

And the zombies had blood textures ready when I placed them on the map. Didn't have to use any setdammage's there. G'daem I love blowing them up with a MM-1 and see them fly. biggrin_o.gif

Hawkins

Very scary. In fact, I can imagine the following scene (rightmost pane) being easy to make in OFP:

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/memorabilia/i/126_1_1.jpg

Hunt, if you can make two diff walking anims, as per the front of the DVD (see link above):

1) zombies with arms up, outstretched in front

2) zombies with raised arms to side

Then I will put those anims in pronto and release the next BETA addon ASAP. I am also going to add sound.

A big THANK YOU goes to everyone who has helped. I will complete BUB and release the next version of the addon soon. When is soon? Well hopefully this week...

Hey tracy can ya send me the latest version u said u was gonan send? i still have the old one with the zombies that die easiely.

Will send u the new version tonight, incl. Dr. Tongue face.

Cheers.

Scott

Interesting... I'll try that face out... can't do any harm...

Note how faces can only be applied to undamaged soldiers; when I tried putting Dr Tongue on a damaged soldier, the texture reverted to the old OFP texture. Doesn't matter though, because I can hack a P3D model to use Dr Tongue's face and relevant wound textures... smile_o.gif

EDIT: Something else of interest for y'all. I think I'll use some of the code from OFPEC's "splatter" addon, to add spurts of blood whenever a zombie is shot. This could be a serious gore fest!

S.

How about some Zombie soldiers? Just the basic BIS east and west (and maybe resistance) soldier models with gore wink_o.gif.

Allso we need eaten bodies for some nice effects biggrin_o.gif have some zombies doing a 'eat' animation over a static body with guts hanging out and bits every where.

Like on resident evil 2 at the begining near the crashed bus where u walk pass thougs zombies eating that bodie and they get up and attack you wink_o.gif

maybe some one could release a hole zombie infested city object/misc pack with every thing you need to make a city infested by zombies

What an idea! Couldn't the head be done as a hidden selection or something? Or maybe I am just rambling, nonetheless it would be a cool feature smile_o.gif